Eugenia Cooney

I wish Shane asked better questions. I get that she's recovering but I feel like the questions were kind of messy/didn't explain the situation + some of the jokes were a little odd. im glad she's recovering and making a comeback tho, she seems really sweet

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Shane's video is well produced of course, but it felt unsettlingly sparce of actual content and information and some points of her ED/recovery were just glossed over. She seems very alone, weirdly still living with her parents at 24y/o, her mom's a helicopter parent from what information I've gotten both from Shane's content and other content provided by Eugenia herself. It smells super fishy to me and even though she's doing better now, still seems kind of in denial of her ED, to an extent. She also had her lawyer in that Shane video, which is... Questionable? Is it not?

There have been and still are loads of speculation on her mom abusing her and there might be a possibility that the mother is a case of Munchausen by proxy. She hadn't even seen a doctor in years before the intervention. Why, even when her life was so sheltered and lonely only with her family? :nervous: Might be long shot but I think it goes a lot deeper than what's being covered.

And wtf were with the locks on the door E didn't know how to open, didn't have enough strength to lift up the metal bar so Shane needed to open the door for her. In her home??

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 5 users
It is very concerning that she was only in a treatment centre for a month (that's a very short amount of time for someone with an eating disorder! Usually stays can be around 4-6 months, sometimes an entire year when a patient needs to be weight restored.). She still has very little awareness of her ED and the danger she was in and said in the video that she believed the reason why she hasn't experienced severe physical complications was because she has always been 'naturally skinny'. The not great insight and the lack of time needed to become weight restored (because as much as her face + speech is better there hasn't been enough time to get her to healthy weight) are red flags. She may be looking a bit more lively but unless something drastic changes I don't think it will last.

Her other friends had to 5150 her to get her into treatment, it was not voluntary and her mum seemed adamantly opposed to Eugenia receiving treatment. Her mum actually called the cops on Eugenia's friends for kidnapping when she found out Eugenia was being taken to a hospital. Honestly, as long as she's still in her mothers grasps I don't she will ever reach full recovery.

• Useful
Reactions: 8 users
Thank you @Gulvi. Looking through E's own older videos with her mom have a weird vibe and the comments are only about that her mom seems off and there's this weird tension in their chemistry that makes ppl (including me) uncomfortable:

Someone noted in the comments that in the first outfit E looks like she's going to burst out in tears at 2:28.

God that family is dysfunctional to say the least

• Sad
  • Agree
I wish Shane asked better questions. I get that she's recovering but I feel like the questions were kind of messy/didn't explain the situation + some of the jokes were a little odd. im glad she's recovering and making a comeback tho, she seems really sweet
100% agree with all of this. I also think that Shane and other Youtubers should honestly just.... stay out of all of this? I know that most of them have good intentions but I think her recovery being so public so soon into it is a reaaaally awful idea. If they really care about her I think the best thing to do is support her privately. I know she probably feels a million times better and is excited to make a comeback but imo she is not ready and is only going to cause more harm to herself in the long run.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Honestly Shane's lack of depth into the issue along with the jokes on some serious moments annoyed me to say the least.
I think it was very convenient for him to have her as clickbait, using the excuse that he was the perfect person to make the video since he also recovered from an ed and that he was 'friends' with eugenia.
But then his questions were useless af and when he was asked when was the last time he saw Eugenia he said 5 years or more.
You can see Eugenia's too nice, cares too much about not hurting others and maybe pleasing everyone (agrees to answear everything).
Her low self-esteem (she's not ugly at all) her washed off and submissive personality, and making everything seems fine to her when it's clearly not are some of the signs you would see in an emotionally abused person.
She uses a smile as a coping and defense mechanism but you can see the pain behind it.

I truly hope she finds a good place mentally and emotionally, where she can stand for herself and that people stop using her misery for views on youtube, cause it's not helping anyone.

• Agree
Reactions: 10 users
I have the feeling that only at the moment that everybody will stop giving a shit and trying helping her so much she will make a change (maybe at least move out of her abusive parents house)

I have the feeling that only at the moment that everybody will stop giving a shit and trying helping her so much she will make a change (maybe at least move out of her abusive parents house)

She did move out, according to this video -- it takes place in LA where she lives without her parents. Shane asks about her mom specifically and Eugenia says she still lives in their old house in Connecticut and "was visiting here earlier today but I don't know where she went, that's weird" or something to that effect. Definitely some bizarro vibes there, but I'm glad she got to move away.

Thank you @Gulvi. Looking through E's own older videos with her mom have a weird vibe and the comments are only about that her mom seems off and there's this weird tension in their chemistry that makes ppl (including me) uncomfortable:

That video ... :slinkout:

She did move out, according to this video -- it takes place in LA where she lives without her parents. Shane asks about her mom specifically and Eugenia says she still lives in their old house in Connecticut and "was visiting here earlier today but I don't know where she went, that's weird" or something to that effect. Definitely some bizarro vibes there, but I'm glad she got to move away.

She has been technically moved out for a while now, but her mum still visits pretty daily from what I've heard and she controls who Eugenia hangs out with and where she goes (Eugenia's mum has a driver that will take Eugenia to places, but only with mums say so). And with her confusion with the new locks in her apartment I'm guessing that her mum set those up, not Eugenia.

Huge bizarro vibes and major codependency. As much as I hate social media prying into her personal situation I'm worried that she won't ever put up boundaries and be independent without people stepping in and pushing the issue. It took her friends (and it seems they've been completely cut off from contacting Eugenia now) basically tricking Eugenia into an involuntary hospitalisation for her to get any help. And if things go back to the way they were I have very little hope of her getting better.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
It is very concerning that she was only in a treatment centre for a month (that's a very short amount of time for someone with an eating disorder!

Your health insurance is also a factor in how long your are inpatient/outpatient. So her insurance could have kicked her out of treatment the moment she was considered in a healthy BMI range and she could still be mentally very ill. Unfortunately happens a lot

• Sad
Her relationship with her mom gives me very strong Gypsy Rose Blanchard vibes. I also wonder if she's still on her parents' insurance -- she's 24, so she has two more years. If it is a munchausen by proxy situation, then being medically emancipated could help.

It's all speculation anyway, so idk. Just a thought.

Reactions: 1 users
So Niki Demartino made a video about her...

She rambles a lot but basically, she wanted to show people footage of her and Eugenia behind the scenes of her music video. Supposedly, she was previously too scared to because she didn’t want her fans to ‘cancel’ her; now that Shane made a video, she feels more comfortable sharing it. I don’t know about anyone else but to me, it just seems like she wanted to put Eugenia’s name in the title for clout (she didn’t even say her name right :rolleyes:). The video was barely even about her; a lot of it was just Niki making this about herself. It upsets me that people are using her name for their own personal benefit. I think they should let her recover in peace :(. Anyways, I wish her a happy birthday and I hope her recovery is going well.
321C8AD5-3DD2-42AF-882A-833842E595D5.jpeg

She looks much more radiant and her smile is gorgeous:luvluv:

• WTF
Reactions: 1 user

She just released this video. Is it just me, or is she skirting around what Jaclyn Glenn and her other friends have said? I hope she's doing OK, can't imagine how stressful this must be for her.

SocialRepose is agreeing with Jaclyn about this. If things have got to this point I'm genuinely concerned for her. She's such a sweetheart and it's a shame she's in the environment people are stating she's in.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone been following the recent drama? I'm not gonna give a recap of everything that happened since this thread was last updated, but recently people have been on her case again and there's another one of those petitions to ban her. What really interests me is that a new, bitchier side to her personality has started coming out..

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 9.02.25 PM.png

..before I say this, I know she's very sick and in denial- but something about this is so weirdly cathartic for me, in the same way that any skinny person "clapping back" at skinny-shamers is. Obviously this is a different situation but still.. at least it's a welcome change from the overly bubbly, can't-string-together-a-coherent-sentence personality we're used to.

& I do think the petition is ridiculous and a step too far.

• Agree
Has anyone been following the recent drama? I'm not gonna give a recap of everything that happened since this thread was last updated, but recently people have been on her case again and there's another one of those petitions to ban her. What really interests me is that a new, bitchier side to her personality has started coming out..

View attachment 98115

..before I say this, I know she's very sick and in denial- but something about this is so weirdly cathartic for me, in the same way that any skinny person "clapping back" at skinny-shamers is. Obviously this is a different situation but still.. at least it's a welcome change from the overly bubbly, can't-string-together-a-coherent-sentence personality we're used to.

I've been following some of the newer things recently, I also agree that taking her off the internet is a bit much (considering there are far worse things online), but age-restricting her content is probably a good idea. I can't imagine what her content would do to a 13 year old girl who is already going down the ED-route.

• Agree

View attachment 98115

I saw Jaclyn’s video & while I do believe that her concern is real, I think it’s past time for her to stop trying to insert herself into the role of a savior, especially so publicly. After a point, it reads as her looking for clicks— she tried to help, it clearly didn’t stick, & now it’s just beating a dead horse. I agree that Eugenia is heavily in denial, but on top of those struggles, I can’t imagine that having an ex-friend use your name to attract viewers ameliorates the situation at all.

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users
I saw Jaclyn’s video & while I do believe that her concern is real, I think it’s past time for her to stop trying to insert herself into the role of a savior, especially so publicly. After a point, it reads as her looking for clicks— she tried to help, it clearly didn’t stick, & now it’s just beating a dead horse. I agree that Eugenia is heavily in denial, but on top of those struggles, I can’t imagine that having an ex-friend use your name to attract viewers ameliorates the situation at all.

I'm not Jaclyn's biggest fan, and I agree with you in that she may well be trying to get good PR. Honestly, I don't think that being so public about the forced hospitalisation and intervention was appropriate. I think that in Jaclyn's case, though, she is under a lot of pressure to do something to stop this situation, especially as she has previously inserted herself into it so strongly. IMO it would look worse on Jaclyn's part to go cold and appear as though she is enabling Eugenia's situation, or that she has given up on Eugenia. At this point, whatever Jaclyn does is going to make her look negative.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
I'm not Jaclyn's biggest fan, and I agree with you in that she may well be trying to get good PR. Honestly, I don't think that being so public about the forced hospitalisation and intervention was appropriate. I think that in Jaclyn's case, though, she is under a lot of pressure to do something to stop this situation, especially as she has previously inserted herself into it so strongly. IMO it would look worse on Jaclyn's part to go cold and appear as though she is enabling Eugenia's situation, or that she has given up on Eugenia. At this point, whatever Jaclyn does is going to make her look negative.
And well, at the heart of the matter I do believe that they were friends. Setting aside any and all fame and notoriety (for the sake of argument) I can't imagine how terrified and helpless Jaclyn felt having to see her friend wasting away like that. Was it good that she was so public about it all? No, of course not. But did she truly fear for her friend, and have her best intentions at heart? I (perhaps naïvely) think so.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
And well, at the heart of the matter I do believe that they were friends. Setting aside any and all fame and notoriety (for the sake of argument) I can't imagine how terrified and helpless Jaclyn felt having to see her friend wasting away like that. Was it good that she was so public about it all? No, of course not. But did she truly fear for her friend, and have her best intentions at heart? I (perhaps naïvely) think so.

Totally agree.

Overall I think that Jaclyn being a bit too pubic about what happened is a fairly minor transgression when you consider that this girl lives with her mother who appears to be allowing her daughter to publicly die slowly on twitch while fetishist's tip her every time she moves her makeup box from one side of the room to another (?!)

Staging an intervention and getting her some help is the best thing anyone could have done (beyond persuading her to stay in treatment for longer) and tbh, I don't blame her for talking about it to some degree because the amount of sideshow around Eugenia is crazy and it was probably hard to NOT make some kind of statement about it. But her mother seems to be enabling her and I just cannot relate to that. I can, however, definitely relate to wanting internet points and some credit for trying to do the right thing for a friend.

It's quite disturbing to think how many people are tuning into her channel in the hope she might die on screen because there's definitely some. She looks deathly ill to me. Her mother should be taking her to hospital now, right this second. She's actually GREY.

On another note, what's up with her voice? Has it always been that shrill?

Reactions: 3 users