Ask a model anything

i've got another question :) do you ever get recognised by fans in the street? what are you best and worst fan experiences? do they ever say or do something really nice for you or on the other end of the spectrum have you ever had a bad fan experience? thanks in advance :kiss:

Oooh I like this one. I would definitely be able to recognise models if if saw one but most of my friends are like who are you talking about? And that would be about Abbey Lee :luv:, Karlie Kloss, Sasha etc the biig names.

Interested to see this reply. :grin:

THIS IS KILLING ME. I NEED TO KNOW ALEXA CHUNG'S DIET...

can any of you help me?? I'll be eternally grateful.

THIS IS KILLING ME. I NEED TO KNOW ALEXA CHUNG'S DIET...

can any of you help me?? I'll be eternally grateful.

She said in an interview once that her mum has to phone her up to remind her to eat.. So I get the opinion that she doesn't really care about food and doesn't eat much!

To the VIP's and No One thank you so much for answering honestly it is really appreciated!

I actually got negative reputation for this- I guess the person didn't get the 9gag reference ;)
I also said it was childish myself.

Anyway I actually do have a question I would ask, I have always wondered if models have control over their hair. Are you allowed to chose the cut/style/colour of your hair, or is it up to the stylists?

Well, as far as length and so on, it's not up to you, it's up to your agency. Any serious agency will not allow any look changes without agency approval.

Is the whole ''i can eat whatever I want''-thing most models claim in interview really true? it seems like in every interview with a model, when being asked how they stay so thin they 99 % of the time say ''i eat whenever I want and how much I want, no matter how much I eat I never gain'' or something similar.. is this really true or do they just lie?

Is the whole ''i can eat whatever I want''-thing most models claim in interview really true? it seems like in every interview with a model, when being asked how they stay so thin they 99 % of the time say ''i eat whenever I want and how much I want, no matter how much I eat I never gain'' or something similar.. is this really true or do they just lie?

in a way its true- because a lot of the girls i am with are doing other stuff, and dont seem to care about food! so 'eating what i want' is just, eating little, snacking on healthy bits and stuff.
people wrongly assume that 'i eat what i want' means I EAT LOADS. and often in the case of models they have learnt not to eat loads ;)

in a way its true- because a lot of the girls i am with are doing other stuff, and dont seem to care about food! so 'eating what i want' is just, eating little, snacking on healthy bits and stuff.
people wrongly assume that 'i eat what i want' means I EAT LOADS. and often in the case of models they have learnt not to eat loads ;)

thank you for answering! :D it makes sense now lol i always that they meant thought they can eat cakes etc and not gain..

Yeah I can see this too. I mean, when someone says "I eat what I want" why do we immediately assume they must "want" to eat piles of chocolate and cake and burgers and etc? So that if they are thin we immediately assume they are lying since they really want to eat these things but are not doing so? Some people genuinely don't want to eat any of this stuff!! shocker!!! (its a sad state of affairs when this is indeed shocking to many people). As an example, (ok so I don't hang out with models so I wouldn't know about that specifically), but my mom is 5'11, and even pushing 50 years old, she is not even 130 lbs. I saw photos of her as a young women and she looked basically like the model thinspos on this site, and yet, she has the most normal, healthy "I eat what I want, when I want" mentality towards food, she just doesn't want to eat crap, since she didn't grow up eating it, (grew up in the former soviet union) and if she wants a treat, she'll have it (but that would be in her case something pretty healthy like a fruit or some jam, or a small piece of chocolate etc). So yes, pardon my rant, but its not necessarily total BS when some model or actress says that she eats what she wants, when she wants and doesn't think too much about it, people like this do exist, and it speaks volumes about the western world's messed up food culture that this is such a strange thing to many of us.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Yeah I can see this too. I mean, when someone says "I eat what I want" why do we immediately assume they must "want" to eat piles of chocolate and cake and burgers and etc? So that if they are thin we immediately assume they are lying since they really want to eat these things but are not doing so? Some people genuinely don't want to eat any of this stuff!! shocker!!! (its a sad state of affairs when this is indeed shocking to many people). As an example, (ok so I don't hang out with models so I wouldn't know about that specifically), but my mom is 5'11, and even pushing 50 years old, she is not even 130 lbs. I saw photos of her as a young women and she looked basically like the model thinspos on this site, and yet, she has the most normal, healthy "I eat what I want, when I want" mentality towards food, she just doesn't want to eat crap, since she didn't grow up eating it, (grew up in the former soviet union) and if she wants a treat, she'll have it (but that would be in her case something pretty healthy like a fruit or some jam, or a small piece of chocolate etc). So yes, pardon my rant, but its not necessarily total BS when some model or actress says that she eats what she wants, when she wants and doesn't think too much about it, people like this do exist, and it speaks volumes about the western world's messed up food culture that this is such a strange thing to many of us.

I agree with you. the reason I was wondering is because a lot of the times, they actually say they love sweets or something similar, post pictures of cakes, fatty foods etc on twitter/instagram.. but you're right

I agree with you. the reason I was wondering is because a lot of the times, they actually say they love sweets or something similar, post pictures of cakes, fatty foods etc on twitter/instagram.. but you're right

Oh of course, I've no doubt plenty of them consciously restrict and deny themselves treats they want, all I was pointing out was that "I eat what I want" is not necessarily a cover up or lie. ;)

How do you feel about the whole 'body movement' thing? If all of a sudden, designers started requesting heavier models and such, would you be relieved that you could eat more and have a higher weight, or annoyed by the change and wishing that the 'rail-thin' trend still existed?

would you be relieved that you could eat more and have a higher weight, or annoyed by the change and wishing that the 'rail-thin' trend still existed?

I would be a bit happier because I still have to be skinny (obviously) but I won't have the pressure to restrict so much. It's nice when you can go out once in a while and have a nice pasta dish or something.. otherwise, nothing :(
I LOVE the 'rail-thin' look but doesn't mean I'd rather HAVE to have that look myself. I can't easily get to a bmi of 14..