Ask a model anything

This thread is amazing! So many questions I've been wondering for years are getting answered.

To the girls behind No One - Thank you!

How intense is the weight situation? Do you find yourself constantly competing for thinness? Is the pressure bad? Eating Disorders common? I need to know.

Almost every single model that ive encountered has an eating disorder. It's so common, models basically have real world SG discussions.
Agents constantly badger you about weight.It's weird though, i thought getting signed with a big agency would result in ridicule and fat grabbing, but i get a lot of"oh you would look so much better if you lost here" or "youd book more jobs if you lost here..." i like it better. I dont like being told to do something, so this is a nice way of calling a model fat lol. But when in castings with a million skinny bitches, you judging them and them judging you, you will go a week without eating.

What's more important modelling-wise weight or measurements ? ( It may come across as a stupid question but I was always wondering if there are any successful models that have small measurements even though their weight isn't too low )

measurements for sure. Its all about hips under 35, waist under 24...they could care less about weight. My agent says her favorite tool is the measuring tape.

Almost every single model that ive encountered has an eating disorder. It's so common, models basically have real world SG discussions.
Agents constantly badger you about weight.It's weird though, i thought getting signed with a big agency would result in ridicule and fat grabbing, but i get a lot of"oh you would look so much better if you lost here" or "youd book more jobs if you lost here..." i like it better. I dont like being told to do something, so this is a nice way of calling a model fat lol. But when in castings with a million skinny bitches, you judging them and them judging you, you will go a week without eating.

Thanks for the honest feedback:) it's appreciated

I've read the whole thread and a big THANK YOU from my side as well to all the models who have answered! This has been interesting, I was curious about a lot of stuff as well.

This thread is Skinny Gossip gold :luv: and part of what makes this forum so amazing.. thanks so much for answering, VIPs, amazing insight into your world, I am fascinated.

As I said.. disordered eating is very common. I hate when you come across another super skinny model and she says she can eat a ton, it's like, stfu, tell me the truth lol.

As I said.. disordered eating is very common. I hate when you come across another super skinny model and she says she can eat a ton, it's like, stfu, tell me the truth lol.

Love this!
:lol:

tumblr_mco9mh7d0c1rw4g9vo1_500.jpg

I would ask how many girls (if any) in the industry have cellulite or stretch marks ? :bow:

Just wondering how you know they have an eating disorder versus restricting to keep down their weight? Are they open about having an ED? Which one do you think is most rampant? Anorexia?

Thanks for the insights :flower:

What bmi are you trying to maintain at? And when you do cardio, are you running or doing something else? And how do you take care of your hair (it must get so frizzy from all the styling)? Do you practice yoga or pilates for toning?

Thank you so much for all the interessting answers! :luv:

post 7

I would ask how many girls (if any) in the industry have cellulite or stretch marks ? :bow:
there are girls that do of course, it's only natural. but most get rid of it.

What bmi are you trying to maintain at?
maybe 15.5

And when you do cardio, are you running or doing something else?
elliptical or group class cardio

Clara;98232And how do you take care of your hair (it must get so frizzy from all the styling)? [/QUOTE said:
I don't color it. I try not to blowdry. I use argan oil, wash every 2-3 days (when I don't do show/shoot).

Do you practice yoga or pilates for toning?
Yes

:luv::bow: thank you for the answers
i can't remember if this has been asked before, but when you retire from modelling (way way way in the future, of course ;)) will you still plan to rigorously maintain a certain weight or stats for the rest of your life or will you relax about your weight a bit??

Post 8

when you retire from modelling (way way way in the future, of course ;)) will you still plan to rigorously maintain a certain weight or stats for the rest of your life or will you relax about your weight a bit??

Personally, I'd want to stay skinny and healthy... That part of my life, I would like to enjoy being skinny, but also experience new foods. I will never allow myself to get big. I will never become Gemma Ward.