Ask a model anything

:party: 100th comment
childish, I know ;)
nooo it was actually 100th reply, dammit :(

measurements for sure. Its all about hips under 35, waist under 24...they could care less about weight. My agent says her favorite tool is the measuring tape.

Yip, measurements are the most important factor for a fashion model. But we weigh all our girls and the reasoning is that "issues" show themselves on the scale before they do on the tape. Also, even pros will measure a little bit inconsistently esp. if they are in a rush. I've measured a model a full inch off from another booker within 5 minutes.

Basically it's easier to do something about a model gaining a pound or two, before she is 1/2 inch or 1 inch bigger on the hips or waist.

Reactions: 1 user
Personally, I'd want to stay skinny and healthy... That part of my life, I would like to enjoy being skinny, but also experience new foods. I will never allow myself to get big. I will never become Gemma Ward.

Oh SNAP. I just died. Your honesty deserves another glass of fizzy water.. *gulp gulp* :lol:

This is one of the best threads on SG. Thank you so much to everyone for taking the time to answer honestly! :luv:

How? Any advice that actually works? :run:

i'm not one of the models but there is a thread on here that shows diagrams of cellulite.
6a01287670353c970c0120a76d654a970b-800wi

people say its unrelated to weight but i mean, if you look at the pic it shows that the dimples form because theres too much fat under the skin, which is pulling on the septa. so the solution seems to simply be to just lose the fat. even if you're thin, you can be skinny-fat and have cellulite!

Does anyone from the vip section know Cara Delevingne real height? She's clearly not 5'7

:party: 100th comment
childish, I know ;)
nooo it was actually 100th reply, dammit :(

I actually got negative reputation for this- I guess the person didn't get the 9gag reference ;)
I also said it was childish myself.

Anyway I actually do have a question I would ask, I have always wondered if models have control over their hair. Are you allowed to chose the cut/style/colour of your hair, or is it up to the stylists?

Post 9?

I actually got negative reputation for this- I guess the person didn't get the 9gag reference ;)
I also said it was childish myself.

Anyway I actually do have a question I would ask, I have always wondered if models have control over their hair. Are you allowed to chose the cut/style/colour of your hair, or is it up to the stylists?

Sorry to hear that you got neg rep for this. Models don't have full control over their hair (that's if they want to keep their job.) You can obviously put some input to what you want your hair to look like though.

But we weigh all our girls and the reasoning is that "issues" show themselves on the scale before they do on the tape.

agreed, my agency needs to do this :highfive:

How? Any advice that actually works? :run:

Dry body brushing, which increases blood flow to that area. Drinking lots of water & green tea. Doing regular cleanses/fasts.

Models don't have full control over their hair (that's if they want to keep their job.)

Ah thanks! I was actually wondering about it in light of Karlie Kloss's new shorter hair cut, I didn't know if that was her choice or not and I just started thinking about what would happen if a model turned up to work with a totally different hair cut. I guess it was probably planned though...

Thanks to all the VIP's who are answering, it is really insightful.
Since this is about as full time a jobs can get, is time off (like just to see friends, family, significant others) just non existent? I imagine you get booked and it's what time and where. Is balancing relationships hard for a lot of you? Also, for those of you who have, is it easier dating someone in the industry because they know what it is like?

haha I wanted to ask this as well. You beat me to it :)

Models don't have full control over their hair (that's if they want to keep their job.) You can obviously put some input to what you want your hair to look like though.

Thanks for the answer!
I could never be a model for this reason lol
My hair is down to my but and I would kill if anyone cut it!!

Thanks for the answer!
I could never be a model for this reason lol
My hair is down to my but and I would kill if anyone cut it!!

ahahahahaha! Me too! My long hair is part of me, I consider cutting it to be the same as losing my V :shy:

i've got another question :) do you ever get recognised by fans in the street? what are you best and worst fan experiences? do they ever say or do something really nice for you or on the other end of the spectrum have you ever had a bad fan experience? thanks in advance :kiss: