Ask a model anything

I've been watching this thread and loving the questions and answers (and I know it's an old thread and I'm serving as a distraction to the dramas and all that, so I won't be offended at all if this doesn't get answered), but the one thing I never saw was the question of nudity in modeling. So I'm curious having worked as a artists model previously (the only modeling I could ever do at my short stature :():

How is nudity approached in the modeling industry? Are you allowed by your agency to say yes or no to this, or do you just have to accept it as part if the work? What about wearing sheer garments for shoots or runway shows - is that different to you than being actually nude/semi nude? If you have done work that has involved some nudity, were you uncomfortable at first, or was it "just another day at the job"?

I know that being a "for real" model (as opposed to my experiences) is probably a lot different, but I've always been curious on other perspectives on this. I was so nervous, and I wonder if/how it's different when you're doing fashion modeling versus "hold still in this pose for three hours".

Thanks in advance for a reply if I get one, I appreciate it! :)

I've been watching this thread and loving the questions and answers (and I know it's an old thread and I'm serving as a distraction to the dramas and all that, so I won't be offended at all if this doesn't get answered), but the one thing I never saw was the question of nudity in modeling. So I'm curious having worked as a artists model previously (the only modeling I could ever do at my short stature :():

How is nudity approached in the modeling industry? Are you allowed by your agency to say yes or no to this, or do you just have to accept it as part if the work? What about wearing sheer garments for shoots or runway shows - is that different to you than being actually nude/semi nude? If you have done work that has involved some nudity, were you uncomfortable at first, or was it "just another day at the job"?

I know that being a "for real" model (as opposed to my experiences) is probably a lot different, but I've always been curious on other perspectives on this. I was so nervous, and I wonder if/how it's different when you're doing fashion modeling versus "hold still in this pose for three hours".

Thanks in advance for a reply if I get one, I appreciate it! :)

A lot of the nude pics I see are tasteful in HF, unlike the ones more amateur models will pose for, like what I see on Model Mayhem. Personally I'm not one to show off my body, but if I were a model I wouldn't have a problem showing a little nip. And only after I gained a little respect in the industry. Classy not trashy!

Reactions: 1 user
lol, you dont even have the guts to answers that off anon...

This has nothing to do with having guts.
The No One account gives VIPs the chance to protect their identity, so they won't forfeit any chances in their real life.
Also, I think that VIP used the No One account to prevent any arguments between you and them personally.

hiiii girlss, thanks for the answers, but I'm really curious about one, i don't think it was asked before, but if it was I'm sorry.

When you girls, models, go to paris, milano for fashion week, or travel for a photoshoot, do you have to pay the airplane ticket?, also do you pay the apartment you are staying and everything?, or simple the agency pays it?

I'm curious about those of you who were scouted--it may seem like a stupid question, but were you living in or next to a large city (NYC, Chicago, LA, etc.) when you were scouted, or were you living in a smaller city or town?

Just wondering. I live in a medium-sized city (pop.~500,000), but the modeling scene here is laughable. It makes me assume that in order to be spotted and have a good shot at success, you've got to be in or right next to one of the country's big cities. Am I right?

Like I said, probably a "duh" kind of question, but I thought I'd ask. Maybe there are some smaller city models on SG, too?

I'm curious about those of you who were scouted--it may seem like a stupid question, but were you living in or next to a large city (NYC, Chicago, LA, etc.) when you were scouted, or were you living in a smaller city or town?

Just wondering. I live in a medium-sized city (pop.~500,000), but the modeling scene here is laughable. It makes me assume that in order to be spotted and have a good shot at success, you've got to be in or right next to one of the country's big cities. Am I right?

Like I said, probably a "duh" kind of question, but I thought I'd ask. Maybe there are some smaller city models on SG, too?

I was at reading festival. but i know loads of girls who were scouted in shopping centres and such, i dont think it really matters where you are

hiiii girlss, thanks for the answers, but I'm really curious about one, i don't think it was asked before, but if it was I'm sorry.

When you girls, models, go to paris, milano for fashion week, or travel for a photoshoot, do you have to pay the airplane ticket?, also do you pay the apartment you are staying and everything?, or simple the agency pays it?

if they want you bad enough, yes, airfare and apartment costs are paid for you up front (otherwise don't bother). HOWEVER you usually pay it back with jobs. Correct me if I'm wrong because I was far from the real deal HF girl, but this was the case for me with a China contract. I did not do well and didn't earn enough to pay back my "expenses", but I didn't have to pay them back. I try and look at it as an awesome, free 3 month trip to China with free food, drinks, shopping money, plane ticket and accommodation, but needless to say it disheartened me enough to "retire" right after it, at 22. It's not a story I admit to many people! :nopity:

This thread is AMAZING. I've been dreaming of finding out the real answers to all these questions!

I have one more: It seems like most models eat under 1000 cals every day. How strict are you about that? Do you ever go over 1000 calories, and if so, how often? (i.e. once a year for Christmas? Or once a month when you go out?)

Also, if you're not keeping a food diary -- do you count calories in your head, or do you just estimate how much you've eaten?

This thread is AMAZING. I've been dreaming of finding out the real answers to all these questions!

I have one more: It seems like most models eat under 1000 cals every day. How strict are you about that? Do you ever go over 1000 calories, and if so, how often? (i.e. once a year for Christmas? Or once a month when you go out?)

Also, if you're not keeping a food diary -- do you count calories in your head, or do you just estimate how much you've eaten?

Good question, I'd like to know this too. Do you obsessively count every single calorie, estimate how much you've eaten or have itty bitty Vlada-ish ;) portion sizes? I'm guessing everyone's different but what do see the most?

related question, I wonder if any of the models would know: who are the scouts? experienced industry pros that just wander around malls?

thank you for all the other answers! this thread is so interesting!

related question, I wonder if any of the models would know: who are the scouts? experienced industry pros that just wander around malls?

thank you for all the other answers! this thread is so interesting!

My friend is a booker/scout for Unique, she landed the job after working for a fashion magazine. The scout part seems to be something she just has a flair for, and she actually never thought that she would end up being one! She scouts wherever she is, I guess her eyes have like built in model-potential radar ;) She'll jump off a bus and run after some tall girl on the street or stop mid-sentence and just get up, cross the street and give her card to some girl. But she also goes through internet applications and so-on. And she's pretty good at it, her "finds" usually get somewhere.

I wanted to know do all the models who are members here know each other in real life? and do you all get along? or do you keep your identities secret from everyone including other models?:confused:

just a curious question, but when models go to the doctor (for an annual checkup, etc.) do they ask why you weigh so little or try to make you gain weight?