Ask a model anything

I wanted to know do all the models who are members here know each other in real life? and do you all get along? or do you keep your identities secret from everyone including other models?:confused:

I'd like to know the answer too.

if they want you bad enough, yes, airfare and apartment costs are paid for you up front (otherwise don't bother). HOWEVER you usually pay it back with jobs. Correct me if I'm wrong because I was far from the real deal HF girl, but this was the case for me with a China contract. I did not do well and didn't earn enough to pay back my "expenses", but I didn't have to pay them back. I try and look at it as an awesome, free 3 month trip to China with free food, drinks, shopping money, plane ticket and accommodation, but needless to say it disheartened me enough to "retire" right after it, at 22. It's not a story I admit to many people! :nopity:

wow thanks for answering, i always wanted to know that, but sometimes i ask myself from where do agencies get so much money to pay for everything or the people who hire you, idk, but it should be awesome when they pay you, and you travel free haha . thanks for answering <3

Something that has been bugging me lately: on Tumblr fashion blogs there are people claiming that most models, especially the tall ones, have waists that are 27" (has been said about Frida and Karlie). I always thought that was pretty big... Is that true or are their waists smaller and those people are guessing wrong? :confused:

Something that has been bugging me lately: on Tumblr fashion blogs there are people claiming that most models, especially the tall ones, have waists that are 27" (has been said about Frida and Karlie). I always thought that was pretty big... Is that true or are their waists smaller and those people are guessing wrong? :confused:

Theres no way that's true. Barbara Palvin probably has a 27-28" waist but there is no way a normal sized model is that big.

27" is just so....large. :nervous:

Agreed with @shannon5, I'm only 1-2 inches shorter than most models and my waist is 24. I'd guess most models at around 22-23?

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres no way that's true. Barbara Palvin probably has a 27-28" waist but there is no way a normal sized model is that big.

Agreed with @shannon5, I'm only 1-2 inches shorter than most models and my waist is 24. I'd guess most models at around 22-23?

I know right?! When I read that I went "WTF?" :wtf: 27" just seems so... BIG.. Even for tall people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dumb question but where do models measure their waists? Is it the skinniest part of the stomach or lower down, like where people get lovehandles? I've googled but everyone says different things..

Dumb question but where do models measure their waists? Is it the skinniest part of the stomach or lower down, like where people get lovehandles? I've googled but everyone says different things..

There are threads on taking measurements somewhere. Id link them but im on my phone.
To answer your question, waist measurements are taken where your middle is smallest, usually just above the belly button.

There's no way that's true. I'm 5'6 and fat - and my waist is 27.5". There's absolutely no way someone like Frida or Karlie could have a waist that big.

not a dumb question! don't worry. smallest part of your stomach :)

I wanted to know do all the models who are members here know each other in real life? and do you all get along? or do you keep your identities secret from everyone including other models?:confused:
I only know a few models on here from real life - and know of some of the others.

just a curious question, but when models go to the doctor (for an annual checkup, etc.) do they ask why you weigh so little or try to make you gain weight?
My doctor tells me to gain weight I tell him he can go screw himself.

Reactions: 1 users

Yeah, I saw this on modelling-confessions I guess
It seriously made me very angry, I have to calm down :twisted:

If you had the option to go back and decide whether or not you wanted to start doing it, would you still chose yes knowing all you know about the industry?

Did you notice on another Tumblr (skinny bitch I think? A previous model apparently) that the author was adamant that the successful HF girls aim for 20" waists when the fashion weeks roll round? Now I know 27" is a bit extreme but surely 20" is just as extreme at the opposite end of the scale?! I don't know what to believe anymore!

Waist-wise I'd assume the majority of models are sporting/aiming for 23"... any VIPs care to clarify this for us? Pretty please :kiss:

yeah.. running ten miles away from the fight, because as everyone can see, you're just a coward who "run" out of words

No, I just don't think you're worth my time and bother. I told you not to make assumptions. You totally overreacted and were very rude.

That's it??? All you have to say?? Hahahah I was expecting more, guess I overestimate you

I was having mercy because I felt sorry for you. But if you keep going, I'll be glad to give you what you're asking for. Up to you, sweetness! :kiss:

Reactions: 1 user

Some VIPs, I know who they are but almost never see in person. A couple of them, I see a lot. Some others, I do not know who they are.