Gemma Ward

I don't know what people expect...she's not "back" and she'll never be back. She's passed her prime, she's 26 years old now. She'll never be as good as she was in her prime simply for the fact she's older now. She doesn't have that youthful baby face that made her so famous. Yes she's still beautiful but I think her proper modelling days are over. If she wants a future in fashion then she needs to do a Miranda Kerr and become more of a "brand ambassador" - launch a perfume, write a book, host a TV show or something.

Or now is the time for her to give acting a serious go. She has more of a future as an actress than a model.

Exactly! She's launching her comeback at an age where a lot of models work would be slowing down, and they'd be considering "retiring" from the business. I love Gemma and I hope she does well for herself, but I kind of think modelling is like professional sports, you're prime is 15-25 and then you're done.

Gemma Ward opening Prada Spring/Summer 2015

Rumors of Gemma Ward’s comeback have been swirling ever since she signed with IMG Australia in January of last year. Despite receiving a showcard for Australian fashion week that spring, the model was a no-show, and hopes of a return slowly died down again. However, no one could have predicted that the supermodel would obliterate expectations by showing up in Milan and opening Prada’s spring/summer 2015 show.

Vogue Australia spoke exclusively to the Gemma on the eve of her return to the spotlight on how it feels being back. “Very different,” she told Zara Wong.

This is the first time Gemma has been back on the runway since 2008, and her first modelling appearance since the birth of her daughter Naia this past December. She says motherhood has improved her confidence. “I do feel a lot more confident in myself as a mother,” she said. “I felt ready to explore working again, I felt this is still a delicate time in Naia’s life, she’s still young but I felt ready and the opportunity came at the right time.”

And don’t expect Gemma to shy away from the spotlight again. IMG tweeted, “Don’t call it a comeback @Gem_Ward is here to stay!”

The model says she is now open to all kinds of work in the future. “Yes. Overseas. Here. Both. All. Any option. I think I’ll take the opportunities as they come- just celebrate it.”

I have to say, I don't need half hearted comebacks. Prada gave her awful clothes, horrible styling and she did not manage to drop weight. Same goes for Snejana. For me that's not enough to invest time to lurk pictures and reading her threads. But it works for the majority.

I have to say, I don't need half hearted comebacks. Prada gave her awful clothes, horrible styling and she did not manage to drop weight. Same goes for Snejana. For me that's not enough to invest time to lurk pictures and reading her threads. But it works for the majority.

I agree - her outfit didn't really fit her right, and whoever styled her hair...:facepalm:. She also hasn't dropped weight, and doesn't have quite that same angelic air that she has in the past.

I agree - her outfit didn't really fit her right, and whoever styled her hair...:facepalm:. She also hasn't dropped weight, and doesn't have quite that same angelic air that she has in the past.

Maybe that's why they covered her. :seeya: For Prada, what's important is that GEMMA WARD WAS HERE. Publicity.

I must say the pics remind me nothing of good old Gemma but she does seem fairly happy. Good for her! And her baby's cute.

She's looking much older, I hope she feels good about the comeback and wonder to myself the reason she did it, if it was money or to feel good about herself.. I always got the idea she didn't like the whole modelling world, but I don't know her so maybe I'm wrong, I hope she'll get better and lose more weight and I agree she'll never be the same, but maybe it's not bad.

She's looking much older, I hope she feels good about the comeback and wonder to myself the reason she did it, if it was money or to feel good about herself.. I always got the idea she didn't like the whole modelling world, but I don't know her so maybe I'm wrong, I hope she'll get better and lose more weight and I agree she'll never be the same, but maybe it's not bad.
I also got the impression that it's probably about money. She just seemed so far removed from the whole fashion world, seemingly not caring about it at all anymore, that her sudden change of heart looks quite strange to me. But I don't know her, so who knows what her real motives are.

876546-42cb9864-4e9d-11e4-bcd5-de8bc4352854.jpg

876615-44ece472-4e9d-11e4-bcd5-de8bc4352854.jpg

Interview: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...084877235?nk=a9c752491a7ef16be31ac6270fa84841

I know for a fact that there was some money motives behind it - I can't say how I know because that'd be too cheeky.

Honestly, its not that big of a shock though - why not milk it for all its worth while she can? I expect the regret she would have later in life, for not getting her weight together/quit modelling all together to be a lot harder than restricting for a bit to make some money for her and her family's future.

her skin has a nice glow to it, and she looks healthier/happier overall- still, I'd love to see her get back to her skinny state of utter divineness that is Gemma Ward