Gemma Ward

I think the hair & make up don't help her look any younger... she definitely looks as though she hasn't done modelling for 6 years. But I'm going to keep my hopes up high!

Yeah that hair/makeup combo is not helping her cause. That said, omg yass gemma is around again and yet... if this is what we can expect maybe her modelling was better left in the past.

I think the god awful hair and make up is the main reason were disappointed with her comeback look. No one looked good.

I'm glad that she's back and there are new pictures and she's lost weight, but it's not the same anymore, she was such a beautiful and perfect skinny angel :(

tumblr_nc49tmzCt81r66yvpo1_500.png

She doesn't look that bad there, maybe it's just the dark circles/puffy face and the extra pounds? And the hair isn't doing her any favours either. I don't know. She does look older but I hope she'll look a 1000 times better if she keeps losing weight.

... My OCD tendancies are not appreciating the assymetrical eye flicks...
But I'm so glad she's back!!

I just did a side by side comparison, 2014 Gemma vs. 2006 Gemma. And I noticed that her eyebrow shape is different. Another factor that contributes to her looking different.

I'm surprised she's back. On one hand I love the fact she's back but gosh I wish it was a big comeback like she looks freakin' awesome comeback. It was kind of a letdown. I just hope she loses the weight and can look back to her beautiful self. I'm rooting for her :).

I'm with you all that said the styling didn't help... I doubt she's ever going to look as good as she used to, but if she drops a few more lbs (and clears up her skin... Looks like some acne in those close ups) she can still look beautiful.

She's already being photographed by Terry Richardson for Vogue Paris with Lara Stone.

DOE0MR9.jpg

She's already being photographed by Terry Richardson for Vogue Paris with Lara Stone.

DOE0MR9.jpg
I can't believe I'm saying this, but her features looked amazing and so doll-like when she was young, but now… :nervous: It's like her face actually doesn't suit an older person- she looks like an old mom who's past her prime, but still hangs on to the illusion. She can lose weight, but I don't think she'll ever have that "fresh" face again.
I really hope that time will prove me wrong though.

I also found this on her tFs. Before the rules changed about weight discussion.
Gemma is from Perth and a lot of the early posters are too so some knew her.

"so my opinion on gemma, i like nicole trufio better as a real person in real life...but gemma has the model looks, she's got like too far apart eyes with is "good" for a model but like she looks a bit wierd in real life. nicole is more beautiful. and gemma is way too thin, like she was NEVER THAT thin, i promise you...i saw her at versace and was like yuck...you could see her bones, it was horrible."
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/showpost.php?p=66749&postcount=111

On one hand I love the fact she's back but gosh I wish it was a big comeback like she looks freakin' awesome comeback. It was kind of a letdown.

It seems she was 'supposed' to return many times but for multiple reasons kept cancelling confirmed appointments.
For a long time the story was she was "too fat" and was on a strict plan and at health retreats with her IMG representatives saying she would be "looking spectacular" when she did publicly return. I guess to them she looked spectacular at Prada.

(March 2013)
Last month, Ward's manager at IMG, Danielle Ragenard, hosed down speculation Ward had been ordered to lose weight before the Vogue shoot, one rumour claiming she had been told to ''drop two dress sizes''. Ragenard shot down the rumours but remained evasive about the specifics of Ward's comeback, assuring PS only that her charge would be ''looking spectacular''.
http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/cel...e-spotlight-20130329-2gz3m.html#ixzz3DxyArW16

I assume Prada was chosen as the return because her 2003 Prada runway exclusive was considered her official 'debutante' as an international model.
http://papercastlepress.com/blog/my-history-for-those-who-hunt-facts-which-i-willingly-provide/

I don't know what people expect...she's not "back" and she'll never be back. She's passed her prime, she's 26 years old now. She'll never be as good as she was in her prime simply for the fact she's older now. She doesn't have that youthful baby face that made her so famous. Yes she's still beautiful but I think her proper modelling days are over. If she wants a future in fashion then she needs to do a Miranda Kerr and become more of a "brand ambassador" - launch a perfume, write a book, host a TV show or something.

Or now is the time for her to give acting a serious go. She has more of a future as an actress than a model.