Votes: 105 29.9%
  • 4 (UK 8)

Votes: 30 8.5%
  • 6 (UK 10)

Votes: 11 3.1%
  • 8 (UK 12)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Right now, I'm an (typically) American size four, ideally I want to be zero, but for now I'm aiming for 2.

I can't remember who, but American sizes are off the wall. It seems like sizes differ per store, it's ridiculous.

My goal is size 2, at least for now.
I am wide-framed + my GW isn't low enough to be a size 0.

@Elise, What size are you now? We have similar stats, you are about 5 lbs less than me. I am small boned, but wide ribs and hips. I'm in a size 4 with A+F jeans, but they are starting to get baggy.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Elise, What size are you now? We have similar stats, you are about 5 lbs less than me. I am small boned, but wide ribs and hips. I'm in a size 4 with A+F jeans, but they are starting to get baggy.

I live in europe so we don't use the same size-system as in the USA (0,2,4 and stuff like that.), but have one dress with US sizes and it is a size 4. I usually wear size UK8, EUR36, Jeans size 26:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to be XS in the store that I usually go to. I believe that's 4 UK? At my current weight, and even at a higher weight, I can easily fit into S. Perhaps I can even get down to XXS but that's probably only for tops and such, I don't think my legs will ever be that skinny!

Sometimes I wonder if American sizes just have completely different proportions or something to European and UK sizes... bearing in mind I've never been to America so I might have no idea what I'm talking about, but I've literally only met one girl who was a UK size 4, and she was about 4"10 and tiny. I know a few taller sixes but even they are very very thin. Is vanity sizing just more prevalent over there, or are there really more size 00/0/2 girls?

Sometimes I wonder if American sizes just have completely different proportions or something to European and UK sizes... bearing in mind I've never been to America so I might have no idea what I'm talking about, but I've literally only met one girl who was a UK size 4, and she was about 4"10 and tiny. I know a few taller sixes but even they are very very thin. Is vanity sizing just more prevalent over there, or are there really more size 00/0/2 girls?

Yeah, I've never even seen a size 4 garment in the UK.

Yeah, I've never even seen a size 4 garment in the UK.
Pretty much the only UK size 4 clothes I've come across are just size 6s in disguise :(

Something weird is that I have some old UK size 6 jeans which are the same size as my size 24 jeans.

I voted US 2, simply because of my hip/thigh bonesss. The only way I'll ever be Size 0 is if I had a detachable leg (like Barbie) that could remove right to the socket - if I popped it off I could get a Size 0 or even 00 up. Which would be gross and creepy and frankly I can't believe I typed it out loud or that I'm still going on about it.. :run:

I'm okay with it because I like curvy hips (fatties read: not rolls), but if someone says 'childbearing hips' in my vicinity one more time I might childbearing hip them right into an early grave

I am so craving to fit in a size 0, I am now a size 4 but I'm 5,9 so I hope it wil have the same effect that a 00 on a more petite girl. I do't know. Anw best of luck to everyone to reach their goal size and congrats to all the amazing girls who are already skinny-skinny.

double zeroooo
hah, in my dreams. i haven't been that size since age 14 :( realistically, i'd like to be a US 3, that's where I felt the most comfortable with my body

I'd like to be a very comfortable UK 6 - I'm a smallish UK 10 at the moment, 8 in some shops.
To be honest I'd go for UK 4 since I'm only 5'2", but I think I'd have to start making my own clothes since (as other girls have said) I have never, ever seen a UK4 in a real life shop, apart from TKMaxx, and if I had to do all my clothes shopping there I would go insane.

I can wear size 1-4 dresses, but in terms of pants I'm definitely a 4 right now because of my thighs. :oops: If I could slim down my legs a bit more I'd easily be a 2. My bones are really small, so I think a 0 would be an ultimate goal for me. :)

I don't have a particular size that I want to be, just smaller than what I am now (duh). Right now I'm the largest option on the poll, but in some odd way I'm kind of glad to see that's considered an option even though no one voted for it lol. I guess because like I was way off the charts in a way? I just don't see myself being a 0 for some reason. I've seen some very tiny framed girls and I'll never realistically be whatever size they are (although they may have worn children's sizes, so idk). Anyway I'll vote 4 since that's literally half the size I wear now, and I'm half the size now I used to be, and I want to lose about 15 - 20 more lbs. We'll see, I may surprise myself and slip right into a 0. I'm like an evil science experiment right now so we'll just have to see. :rolleyes:

Actually I'm quite happy with my measurements which are about 32-24-34/35. It is my thighs that I'd like to reduce, they are like 20.5 inches and I'd like them to be 17 or 18 inches.

Scratch that, I want my measurements to be 32-22-32. I want my thighs to be 16/17 inches.

My ultimate goal is to look this good in jeans:
tumblr_mckrfnGG5L1rowysto1_500.jpg

what size do you think this is? :hmm: