Vlada Roslyakova

@Gemma just read in the Bette Franke thread that you saw her in rl as well... how does it happen that you are so lucky to meet them all, any other stories to share?
you aren't some model spy, are you:sneaky:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Gemma just read in the Bette Franke thread that you saw her in rl as well... how does it happen that you are so lucky to meet them all, any other stories to share?
you aren't some model spy, are you:sneaky:

I wouldn't say I've met them... I just saw them! But, to answer your question: I am very fortunate that my parents decided to give birth to, and raise me in the city. It takes me ten minutes to walk to Fashion Week at Lincoln Center from where I live (midtown); there are also several agencies near the place I intern (downtown/financial district). And my closest friend lives in a soft loft where there are model apartments (also downtown).

Its not just models, its celebs, generally recognizable names and faces, tv personalities, etc. Manhattan is pretty small... But I'll only "meet" someone if (1) a third party introduces me or (2) they are from CNBC or something and I'd like to network. I think publicly fangirling is in bad taste - inside is a different story :p I dont have any others that stand out but I did see Chanel Iman when she was still super skinny and I was unimpressed :run:

. . . Or maybe I'm a middle aged hairy chested, overweight guy with a mustache who loves eating Frito Lays and Hershey Bars on his bed for breakfast and has deep admiration for Vlada R. :lol:

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn't say I've met them... I just saw them! But, to answer your question: I am very fortunate that my parents decided to give birth to, and raise me in the city. It takes me ten minutes to walk to Fashion Week at Lincoln Center from where I live (midtown); there are also several agencies near the place I intern (downtown/financial district). And my closest friend lives in a soft loft where there are model apartments (also downtown).

Its not just models, its celebs, generally recognizable names and faces, tv personalities, etc. Manhattan is pretty small... But I'll only "meet" someone if (1) a third party introduces me or (2) they are from CNBC or something and I'd like to network. I think publicly fangirling is in bad taste - inside is a different story :p I dont have any others that stand out but I did see Chanel Iman when she was still super skinny and I was unimpressed :run::

aw:luv: lucky you, i'm envious:) we should make a thread 'guess who Gemma saw today':grin:
sorry, when i said 'meet' i actually ment 'see', i just confused the words.
i guess seeing most models in real life is the best thinspo.... but as you said, some might be disappointing as well...

. . . Or maybe I'm a middle aged hairy chested, overweight guy with a mustache who loves eating Frito Lays and Hershey Bars on his bed for breakfast and has deep admiration for Vlada R. :lol:

:sneaky::lol:

Gemma, that is so well put. I don't live in the city, but I am there frequently and have worked there (on/off), and you can't help but spot someone. I think is a numbers game. Also, I frequently see movies filmed, especially when I worked downtown.:cool:

I cannot tell you where I saw her without practically giving away my address ;) But it was in Midtown Manhattan.

She is beautiful beyond words. Yes, she has very visible wear in her eyes but it somehow works with her face. I swear she's like fifteen heads tall; her head is tiny compared to the length of her body if that makes sense. She was wearing light wash skinny jeans, brown/tan boots and a slouchy beanie. Her skin is astonishingly even and pale, like they just stuck ice blue eyes on a sheet of paper... its hard to describe sorry...

And the most important thing, she is unbelievably thin. I told @SugarFree through chat when I was still dizzy (literally!) with sheer excitement: her legs are essentially the width of her knees all the way up. I didnt know it was her at first (we were walking in opposite directions) I just saw this long, massive thigh gap walking towards me, when she got closer and I saw it was her, I nearly fainted - and I am not joking. Her legs are so thin that she has a very distinct walk, almost like her legs are going to buckle under her, but it is very graceful. Believe it or not she is not nearly as thin or beautiful in photos as she is in person. I was half shocked that it was Vlada Roslyakova, but it was more of a shock that such a beauty even exists. This word is highly overused in the fashion industry but she really is otherworldly.

oh-my-god_902.gif

asdfghjkl thanks for sharing :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

I cannot tell you where I saw her without practically giving away my address ;) But it was in Midtown Manhattan.

She is beautiful beyond words. Yes, she has very visible wear in her eyes but it somehow works with her face. I swear she's like fifteen heads tall; her head is tiny compared to the length of her body if that makes sense. She was wearing light wash skinny jeans, brown/tan boots and a slouchy beanie. Her skin is astonishingly even and pale, like they just stuck ice blue eyes on a sheet of paper... its hard to describe sorry...

And the most important thing, she is unbelievably thin. I told @SugarFree through chat when I was still dizzy (literally!) with sheer excitement: her legs are essentially the width of her knees all the way up. I didnt know it was her at first (we were walking in opposite directions) I just saw this long, massive thigh gap walking towards me, when she got closer and I saw it was her, I nearly fainted - and I am not joking. Her legs are so thin that she has a very distinct walk, almost like her legs are going to buckle under her, but it is very graceful. Believe it or not she is not nearly as thin or beautiful in photos as she is in person. I was half shocked that it was Vlada Roslyakova, but it was more of a shock that such a beauty even exists. This word is highly overused in the fashion industry but she really is otherworldly.

That is amazing :luv: thank you for sharing so much! I can't imagine how amazing her beauty must be in real life, although you describe it quite well. Sometimes my breath is taken away by just looking at her in pictures.. I would get a heart attack if I would see her in real life. Lucky you!

What about a pseudo (because not written by our Skinny Gurl) Flashback Friday? I feel nostalgic today, and re-fund those old videos of Vlada in 2008:

What about a pseudo (because not written by our Skinny Gurl) Flashback Friday? I feel nostalgic today, and re-fund those old videos of Vlada in 2008:

Thank you for posting. :luv: I couldn't stop drooling at her beautiful arms. Ugh makes me so ashamed of myself. Right fasting for the next two days.

Thank you for posting. :luv: I couldn't stop drooling at her beautiful arms. Ugh makes me so ashamed of myself. Right fasting for the next two days.

haha this is how i feel whenever i see her, her photos are really my biggest motivation to stay on track.
if anyone ever asks me how i stay skinny, i'll just answer "vlada!"

Gemma, that is so well put. I don't live in the city, but I am there frequently and have worked there (on/off), and you can't help but spot someone. I think is a numbers game. Also, I frequently see movies filmed, especially when I worked downtown.:cool:

I'm always uptown. So far I've seen Danielle Radcliffe, Kelly Rutherford, and Derek Jeter (Kelly Rutherford is the only one spotted casually; other two were doing events and mobbed with bodyguards). Although I did see the entire Harry Potter cast at the Lincoln Center once. They're pretty boring in comparison to beautiful ethereal models though! I need to do some stalking downtown and at the Lincoln Center for the next Fashion Week. :sneaky: