Terry Richardson

:kiss: thanks for being so agreeable! haha
i totally get what you mean about not being able to do that. i have not yet been asked to do anything that i am uncomfortable with in modelling- but as far as my past experiences go i dont know how i would fare, i definitely agree with the psychological harm in the long run, i see sex as a very personal and intimate thing, and even when my friends sleep with guys they have only met a few times it makes me feel a little uneasy (i guess i am just a prude in modern day society haha) but in a way i think i would like to enjoy the frivolities of life a little more, as i know how it can get you ahead. ah well, c'est la vie!

Prude is such a rude label. I am conservative about how much of myself I give to someone but I don't consider myslelf a prude and I don't consider it a bad thing. I am very open with the person I have chosen but it is not easy to get chosen by me. I prefer the term "Selective", lol. The sexual revolution is great and I love it that women can express their sexuality more without as many negative social repercussions (depending on where you are, of course) but I have to say I'm not crazy about how the pendulum has swung in the other direction. It used to be "shameful" to be a "slut" but now it's "shameful" to be a "prude". How about we all try to play a game called "I'll be me and do what I want and you can be you and do what you want and we'll just stay the hell out of each other's personal lives". If you have a very open sexuality and want to get out there and explore with every person you're drawn to, that's fine but please don't judge me when you find out that I don't whip open the velvet rope on my VIP section for just anybody. Thanks.

As far as you wanting to enjoy the frivolities of life, you'll get where you get when you get there. At the present time you may be more conservative sexually but some life experiences may change your viewpoint on certain things and you may get to a point where you just want to experiment with sex. If and when that happens maybe you'll use your experimentation in your favor. You may not change at all and still like being conservative and that's fine, too. As long as you feel this way, draw your lines. Decide how much you're willing to give to further your career and if it gets more expensive than you can afford look for other options.

Reactions: 1 users
Prude is such a rude label. I am conservative about how much of myself I give to someone but I don't consider myslelf a prude and I don't consider it a bad thing. I am very open with the person I have chosen but it is not easy to get chosen by me. I prefer the term "Selective", lol. The sexual revolution is great and I love it that women can express their sexuality more without as many negative social repercussions (depending on where you are, of course) but I have to say I'm not crazy about how the pendulum has swung in the other direction. It used to be "shameful" to be a "slut" but now it's "shameful" to be a "prude". How about we all try to play a game called "I'll be me and do what I want and you can be you and do what you want and we'll just stay the hell out of each other's personal lives".

:highfive: you are so right, i like the term 'selective' haha.

:kiss: thanks for being so agreeable! haha
i totally get what you mean about not being able to do that. i have not yet been asked to do anything that i am uncomfortable with in modelling- but as far as my past experiences go i dont know how i would fare, i definitely agree with the psychological harm in the long run, i see sex as a very personal and intimate thing

Sorry so graphic, but in my experience, 99% of the time these guys want a blow, not a fuck.

For me, and most girls I know, that's a lot less intimate. This will make me sound like a slut (I'm not), but I'd blow a lot of guys that I'd never screw. There's a big emotional thing about sex for me that isn't there with a BJ.

I don't give a hoot about what Terry Richardson does or does not do with models. I think he's one of the best photographers in the industry and I respect him for that. His scandals, I don't care about. My fave Terry shoots:
tumblr_l5kgm775lo1qa42jr.jpg

tumblr_lkcdo3p0Bg1qbew2yo1_500.jpg

terry-richardson-karlie-kloss01.jpg

terry-richardson-karlie-kloss04.jpg

2-Lindsey-Wixson-by-Terry-Richardson-for-Vogue-Germany-May-2012.jpeg

Lindsey_Purple_19.jpg

gemma_ward_by_terry_richardson_vogue_uk04.jpg

gemma_ward_by_terry_richardson_vogue_uk02.jpg

but I'd blow a lot of guys that I'd never screw. There's a big emotional thing about sex for me that isn't there with a BJ.

thats true actually, i didnt even think of that. I dont think its slutty atall though, because if guys are so sex- orientated, and 10 minutes of that can get you ahead in life then why the f not. we're doing no wrong, it's more their weakness.
and maybe it can get us looking like miss kerr ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Lol guess its just me who'd have a problem with it. Intimate and emotional or not, I'd rather not stick some guys dick in my mouth for my fifteen minutes of fame. I'd rather get there on my own, and if I fail, oh well I guess. Just how I see it personally, if some girls in here think that makes me stupid, so be it.:)

thats true actually, i didnt even think of that. I dont think its slutty atall though, because if guys are so sex- orientated, and 10 minutes of that can get you ahead in life then why the f not-were doing no wrong, its more their weakness.
and maybe it can get us looking like miss kerr ;)

lol! totally agree :lol:

Reactions: 1 user
Just a question, do the chicks who blow/fuck have boyfriends or husbands? Cause alot of models do and I just wonder if they do it anyway and keep it a secret or if their men know and let it slide since its for fame and fortune. A single girl can do whatever it takes but what about the rest?

Just a question, do the chicks who blow/fuck have boyfriends or husbands? Cause alot of models do and I just wonder if they do it anyway and keep it a secret or if their men know and let it slide since its for fame and fortune. A single girl can do whatever it takes but what about the rest?

Was wondering the same thing.:wtf: I mean if they just go blow some guy behind their husband's back, thats a really shitty thing to do..:/

I appreciate your candor! I am well aware that just about every woman in the spotlight in fashion and entertainment had to give SOMETHING up at some point to get there. I know how it works not only in modeling but in any form of entertainment. I have no judgement towards any woman who does what she has to do so long as she's not hurting anyone else in the process. I get that in life one often has to play by the rules set by one's industry in order to get ahead. If you can get your sexy times in and make it work for you and just keep it moving and be happy, then do it! Some women really can't do that, in the long run it would harm them more than help them. That's why I say "More expensive than they can afford".

I do know how bad things are in many countries and understand that modeling is often a vehicle for a better life, at least for a little while. Again, I hold no judgement of any woman's career choice but I have to say, there is always another option. It may not be the easiest option and it may not be the most convenient but there is always an option. :)

I agree. Doing sexual favours to get ahead can really mentally mess someone up for years, it's sad. I knew someone that killed herself because she could not stop feeling so dirty and disgusted with herself :cry: if it doesn't effect you mentally in the long run then your lucky....

i think a bad sexual experience is a lot different to a bad job... Sex is intimate and when you have countless amounts of bad sexual experiences it makes it very hard to have good one's without being triggered of the past. But if the girls are wanting that sexual experience that's fine but if it's something she is just doing because she has too, thats sad and wrong in my opinion

I think Felice Fawn did herself no favor when she published that creepy Terry story...she has no prove at all that it's true. This is a serious accusation and if she is lying about it, that makes her a really ugly and dumb person. You don't talk shit like that about other people if there is noone who can back up your story - very bad move.

I like his work very much. He reminds me of guys like Hunter S. Thompson or Andy Warhol. An artist walking on the edge. If I was a model, I would work with him if I had the chance to and see how it is. He might be a bit creepy, but he´s also fascinating. He´s born 65 and depending on the surroundings he lived in during the 80s he might have a total different view on sexuality than some girls born in the 90s. It was another time.

I now reminded this picture I saw some time ago with him and Sophie Willing...seems like they have fun :lol:

tumblr_kz4tqaakr91qzwof2o1_500.jpg

Does not suprise me that blowjobs can help...with some men its very easy to influence them if you´re not looking like crap ;) I agree with the girl that said that a blowjob is much less intimate than having sex with a guy though I dunno if I would do things like that..would depend on my situation I guess.

I also think that many mental issues that have to do with sexuality come out of those strange double moral standards. Everyone should make their own decisions and a girl is not a slut if she has no problem "blowing her way up to the top of the world" in my eyes ;) - what is important is that she´s ok with that and does not allow men to exploit her. And people should stop insulting her for her decisions. Nothing else.

Reactions: 1 users
Believe it or not, some women's feelings about sex are shaped by their own sense of self worth and principles and has NOTHING to do with the way society may or may not perceive their actions.

A quick example: An older woman I know met man when she was 33 (and had 5 kids) who took her on one date and just followed her inside when he brought her home. She told him she wasn't sleeping with him and he told her that if she didn't sleep with him she would regret it. She slept with him and a month later that were married and he'd moved her and her kids to NY, their marriage lasted 10 years but he turned out to be quite controlling with her and once she'd moved she was kinda stuck.

If it had been me in that same situation I would not have slept with that man. I do not like to be threatened and I don't let people manipulate me to get their way with me. Really? If I don't sleep with you when you decide I should I'll regret it? Get the fuck outta my house. I have always been this way, it has nothing to do with society. I would rather work my ass off for ten years to support myself than have anyone impose their will on me, but that's just me.

If you would hook up with the guy anyway then it doesn't really matter. If you wouldn't touch that guy with a ten foot pole if he had no connections, that is a different story. You're still doing something you don't want to do to get ahead. That is much more personal than working at a job you don't like. For the record, staying in a relationship with someone you hate for security or whatever is also shameful. The truth is that most people that trade sex for a promotion, job or position often simply do not belong there. Maybe not in modelling but in the real world they usually suck at their job and took that position out from under someone who's earned with hard work and knowledge, that is shameful. How many untalented actresses, models and singers have we seen where we go "Why is this person famous? They have no talent!"? How do think they got there? You don't think it messes with a person's mind to know that any minute they could be replaced by someone better suited? When you fuck your way up, your time at the top has a short shelf life (Most of the time). Often the tradeoff isn't worth it.

I also think that many mental issues that have to do with sexuality come out of those strange double moral standards. Everyone should make their own decisions and a girl is not a slut if she has no problem "blowing her way up to the top of the world" in my eyes ;) - what is important is that she´s ok with that and does not allow men to exploit her. And people should stop insulting her for her decisions. Nothing else.

A girl is not a slut for using her sexuality to get ahead. No one should call her one. Many women do define the terms of their own sexuality independent of society's opinion, though. The way I see it, don't do anything you're ashamed to admit. If you're going to do something, do it right and own it. If you feel the need to hide what you're doing, then you're just being dishoest with yourself. I'm not saying that anyone should advertise their life but often people say one thing and do another. Often they make a choice but hide if there are consequences, I think people should grow up and accept and face the outcome of their choices, good or bad.

Reactions: 3 users
Now, how in the world would you know what this woman's mental state was? I don't think it's fair to just dismiss whatever she may have been feeling as insecurity about her choice in the face of society. Believe it or not, some women's feelings about sex are shaped by their own sense of self worth and principles and has NOTHING to do with the way society may or may not perceive their actions.

A quick example: An older woman I know met man when she was 33 (and had 5 kids) who took her on one date and just followed her inside when he brought her home. She told him she wasn't sleeping with him and he told her that if she didn't sleep with him she would regret it. She slept with him and a month later that were married and he'd moved her and her kids to NY, their marriage lasted 10 years but he turned out to be quite controlling with her and once she'd moved she was kinda stuck.

If it had been me in that same situation I would not have slept with that man. I do not like to be threatened and I don't let people manipulate me to get their way with me. Really? If I don't sleep with you when you decide I should I'll regret it? Get the fuck outta my house. I have always been this way, it has nothing to do with society. I would rather work my ass off for ten years to support myself than have anyone impose their will on me, but that's just me.

If you would hook up with the guy anyway then it doesn't really matter. If you wouldn't touch that guy with a ten foot pole if he had no connections, that is a different story. You're still doing something you don't want to do to get ahead. That is much more personal than working at a job you don't like. For the record, staying in a relationship with someone you hate for security or whatever is also shameful. The truth is that most people that trade sex for a promotion, job or position often simply do not belong there. Maybe not in modelling but in the real world they usually suck at their job and took that position out from under someone who's earned with hard work and knowledge, that is shameful. How many untalented actresses, models and singers have we seen where we go "Why is this person famous? They have no talent!"? How do think they got there? You don't think it messes with a person's mind to know that any minute they could be replaced by someone better suited? When you fuck your way up, your time at the top has a short shelf life (Most of the time). Often the tradeoff isn't worth it.

A girl is not a slut for using her sexuality to get ahead. No one should call her one. Many women do define the terms of their own sexuality independent of society's opinion, though. The way I see it, don't do anything you're ashamed to admit. If you're going to do something, do it right and own it. If you feel the need to hide what you're doing, then you're just being dishoest with yourself. I'm not saying that anyone should advertise their life but often people say one thing and do another. Often they make a choice but hide if there are consequences, I think people should grow up and accept and face the outcome of their choices, good or bad.

:bow::luv::highfive: