Taylor Swift

http://www.eonline.com/news/769525/...hat-really-went-wrong-with-their-relationship

So she and Calvin Harris split...

The source continues, "Taylor was really disappointed in Calvin and felt like he wasn't there for her. The relationship wasn't progressing the way she wanted it to. She felt like he wasn't taking it seriously enough and wouldn't come through for her when she needed him most. She felt down and like her needs weren't being met. She doesn't want to get back together."

Cue her "I'm an innocent victim with a good heart / the mean man I dated damaged me" schtick.

I wonder if she'll lose the relationship weight, or if she'll just gain steadily.

In a way I feel kind of bad for her, but in the sense that she really ought to know better. I feel like she always is so surprised when a guy ends things with her because she spends her time romanticizing it into something that it isn't rather than seeing things how they are. She will never find someone who meets her expectations nor anyone who is willing to jump through all the hoops she demands. Poor Calvin's gotta be exhausted. Like I understand having standards and whatnot, but she needs to chill out about her fairytale expectations. But hey, maybe she'll lose the weight again in response to this. Or maybe she'll stay this level of chunky to try to be what he finds attractive to try to make him jealous. Orrrr maybe the weight gain trend will continue. I hope she loses the relationship lbs because the world is already way too overrun with chunky, average celebrities.

Reactions: 2 users
http://www.eonline.com/news/769525/...hat-really-went-wrong-with-their-relationship

So she and Calvin Harris split...

The source continues, "Taylor was really disappointed in Calvin and felt like he wasn't there for her. The relationship wasn't progressing the way she wanted it to. She felt like he wasn't taking it seriously enough and wouldn't come through for her when she needed him most. She felt down and like her needs weren't being met. She doesn't want to get back together."

Cue her "I'm an innocent victim with a good heart / the mean man I dated damaged me" schtick.

I wonder if she'll lose the relationship weight, or if she'll just gain steadily.

No relationship is going to work if you only focus on yourself and try to control the other person. She sounds like a control freak over him and a huge drama queen.

Reactions: 2 users
she looks like an old lady
Yep she does:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The way her shirt hangs on/protrudes from her boobs in the first photo makes it look like she has a huge stomach all the way down. Either it's not just an illusion, or she just has a big uniboob situation happening now. And if her entire torso is not actually that big, she is probably on her way to having one anyway. Mo boyfriend mo weight gain.

It's disturbing how fast she moves on and burns through men. Being single is impossible for her to deal with. Whether I should or not, I can't help judging people who can't handle being alone.

The way her shirt hangs on/protrudes from her boobs in the first photo makes it look like she has a huge stomach all the way down. Either it's not just an illusion, or she just has a big uniboob situation happening now. And if her entire torso is not actually that big, she is probably on her way to having one anyway. Mo boyfriend mo weight gain.

It's disturbing how fast she moves on and burns through men. Being single is impossible for her to deal with. Whether I should or not, I can't help judging people who can't handle being alone.
Sorry but why it's disturbing? I think she's very attention seeking and calculated but there is nothing wrong with wanting to be in a relationship/she's probably at age when she thinks about marriage and wanting to settle down, or just up to have fun and be with whoever she likes. I hate the fact that you have to move on after what we consider an 'acceptable' timing after a break up, some people just move faster/maybe the relationship didn't mean much in the first place. This is not an attack on anyone, I just think that there are so many annoying things about Taylor and the way she handles things, but how many boyfriend she has shouldn't be a problem or disturbing

Reactions: 4 users
Sorry but why it's disturbing? I think she's very attention seeking and calculated but there is nothing wrong with wanting to be in a relationship/she's probably at age when she thinks about marriage and wanting to settle down, or just up to have fun and be with whoever she likes. I hate the fact that you have to move on after what we consider an 'acceptable' timing after a break up, some people just move faster/maybe the relationship didn't mean much in the first place. This is not an attack on anyone, I just think that there are so many annoying things about Taylor and the way she handles things, but how many boyfriend she has shouldn't be a problem or disturbing

I agree on a lot of your points and using the word "disturbing" was probably extreme, but my personal opinion and interpretation of serial dating just indicates that someone is maybe a bit insecure with themselves. If it is a constant pattern, they perhaps do not feel like they are "enough" without being coupled. This is just my personal take as someone who finds it healthy to spend time reflecting on the relationships/breakups (while on their own) before jumping into another. The timing thing is not always a bad thing, and in general I do believe that women should do whatever they want without societal judgment and "rules" as to what is "normal"/stereotyped/stigmatized. However, I do think people have their limits after many repeats, and should spend some time along reflecting... especially in cases like Taylor's where the habit has resulted in a slew of failed relationships.

Of course, it is impossible to predict the future and the outcome of relationships, but it reminds me of a quote I try to live by: "If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always gotten." I do not intend to shut down your take on situations like hers, I am just presenting my suggestion of something that may be helpful to avoid relationships that do not live up to expectations where the goal is to settle down.

Reactions: 1 user

My two cents on the whole moves from person to person thing is that it is disturbing, not because she does this with boyfriends, but she does it with everyone. One week her best friend is Karlie Kloss and then we don't see them together for months (an example, I don't actually know tbh). It's just fucking weird. My friends and I could be called a squad (theres like fifteen of us and we're almost all together at least 4 times a week), but it's clear who's closest to whom. We all need different things in our life, but theres only two girls that I can really break down with.

I think it's shady that she moved on so quickly from Calvin Harris too. She broke up with him over text messaging not a week after he got into a car accident? Like he seems fine, but on principal that just shouts that she a major asshole. If I didn't already think she was an asshole then I'd probably see nothing wrong, but I do so I think it is.

Reactions: 3 users
http://nypost.com/2016/06/20/taylor-swift-is-dating-like-a-dude/ I really liked this article. Especially the comparison with Leonardo Dicaprio, he's a man in his 40s who keeps dating VS angels who are in their early 20s. Yet he's everyone favorite actor, I've never heard anyone saying ''yeah I dislike Dicaprio, he gets around too much''
And Taylor definitely loves to play the victim, but seeing how people reacted to her breakup this time, I have to say that there is definitely a double standard

http://nypost.com/2016/06/20/taylor-swift-is-dating-like-a-dude/ I really liked this article. Especially the comparison with Leonardo Dicaprio, he's a man in his 40s who keeps dating VS angels who are in their early 20s. Yet he's everyone favorite actor, I've never heard anyone saying ''yeah I dislike Dicaprio, he gets around too much''
And Taylor definitely loves to play the victim, but seeing how people reacted to her breakup this time, I have to say that there is definitely a double standard

So let me outline this:
1) Doesn't apologize for who she dates--- normal people do this. That's called being sure of yourself.
2) Not afraid to trash talk your exes--- no that's not dating like a dude, that's dating like a douche
3) She rolls with an entourage-- nothing to do with dating, but thanks NY Post
4) She makes a quick rebound- no comment on this; to each your own. I do the same thing

Honestly it's not really fair to compare them. DiCaprio has never really portrayed himself as "fun for the whole family" and doesn't really flaunt his 'relationships'. TSwift wrote a song about everyone of her exes and then turns around and does what her exes do (Jonas broke up with her over a text and then she does the same to Calvin Harris). It's not that I begrudge her dating, but the more she dates, the more she reveals about herself...and the worse of a person she seems to be.

My biggest peeve is that she's a hypocrite. If she wants to dish it out, she better be able to take it too and time and time again she has proven that she cant. It seems like if she broke up with him then everything is fine and dandy, but any guy who breaks up with her is the devil (speaking of trashing your exes as the article mentions, I've never seen Leo do that). I get that someone can be hurt and write a song about that, but all too often it's not her feelings she focus's on in a song, but the guy.

At the end of the day, if I had one piece of advice for her, "Treat others the way you want to be treated"

Another point, but unrelated to that rant up there^^^ The biggest example I can think of of women dating a lot of people before settling and no one saying anything about it is Angelina Jolie. People said things about her relationships themselves (and how could they not, she wore Billy Bob Thorton's blood around her neck), but I never heard anyone talk about how many partners she had.

why does she act like 15 tho.

seriously, I didn't realize she was 26. it's kind of hilarious. the phase where you change your look every few months to be cool and go after every guy you have a slight attraction for then kick them to the curb when the lust is gone has been over for like a decade Tay.

It's disturbing in the way that it's HER not him. She obviously wants to be in a relationship but can't seem to stay in one... something about her... speaks a lot for how she is personally. Same for Dicaprio. He's a good actor but he's going to die a lonely man.

But also- Dicaprio doesn't flaunt an attack on every one of his exes post breakup. Taylor does (her money maker $$$). Hardly the same. If she dated and kept her fucking mouth shut, she wouldn't get the same backlash.

It's disturbing in the way that it's HER not him. She obviously wants to be in a relationship but can't seem to stay in one... something about her... speaks a lot for how she is personally. Same for Dicaprio. He's a good actor but he's going to die a lonely man.

But also- Dicaprio doesn't flaunt an attack on every one of his exes post breakup. Taylor does (her money maker $$$). Hardly the same. If she dated and kept her fucking mouth shut, she wouldn't get the same backlash.
I mean I kinda agree on this but it's a winning formula that keep people interested, she's one of the biggest popstar in the world so it's obviously working for her. I still can't believe how she gave all of these interviews about feminism and her #squad and acted like her album wasn't about love when literally almost every single song is. I admire her PR game!

:highfive:
You put it perfectly.

There's a huge diference between someone who has class and someone who is tacky and childish. Writing breakup songs is fine, but personally sledging your exes and constantly playing the poor little victim card gets old really quickly. At least Leo isn't obnxious in-your-face about his partners and private relationships post-breakup. It shows how little she must respect her exes/ex friends, and how emotionally immature she must be. Generally speaking, adults should have some rationality to their behaviour.

I hate her music and her persona, but most of all I hate how she has a new personality with every new boyfriend, best friend, or 'squad' (I cringe at that word).

Reactions: 4 users
I mean I kinda agree on this but it's a winning formula that keep people interested, she's one of the biggest popstar in the world so it's obviously working for her. I still can't believe how she gave all of these interviews about feminism and her #squad and acted like her album wasn't about love when literally almost every single song is. I admire her PR game!
Yeah those were amusing. This chick has no idea what feminism is beyond the fact that it's "cool" to be a feminist right now. Having a 20+ girl #squad** does not count. She's just so insincere and ungenuine it's hard to like her, despite how hard her PR works to portray her as the opposite. Admire her team, not her. She has some very smart people working for her... but the fact that she's getting so much flack for her most recent relationships (bc of her insistence to "play the victim" yet again) shows that the public is seeing through her now. About time, honestly. :rolleyes:

In comparison to Leo- when did he last play the victim and go OFF on an ex? This is why no one cares that he blows through relationships but she does. It's not a "double standard" when it ONLY applies to her.

***can we also mention that apparently she personally texts (not just group messages) her 20+ "squad" every day? Like gurl that must be exhausting. She's either spending most of her day on her cell phone... or lying.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
In comparison to Leo- when did he last play the victim and go OFF on an ex? This is why no one cares that he blows through relationships but she does. It's not a "double standard" when it ONLY applies to her.

Couldn't agree more. "It's not them, Taylor, it's you".

Another point, but unrelated to that rant up there^^^ The biggest example I can think of of women dating a lot of people before settling and no one saying anything about it is Angelina Jolie. People said things about her relationships themselves (and how could they not, she wore Billy Bob Thorton's blood around her neck), but I never heard anyone talk about how many partners she had.

Another example to illustrate the above - did you know that Kate Winslet has 3 children each born to a different man? And same with Mel B: 3 kids, 3 different guys. Yet they're not criticised for it, no-one discusses this at great lengths. However, I can't help but think that if Taylor were in the same situation the media would tear her apart.

Reactions: 1 user