Olivia Palermo

to the difference between magazine shots and real life appearance...I think it also depends on how the picture is taken or how the camera's settings are, I think. But this might totally be wrong...would be an interesting topic for a thread...real life vs magazines.

To be honest, I really wonder what kind of diet Olivia has. I don't know a lot of pictures where she's caught with something to eat - I know she drinks diet coke and has usually a starbucks in her hands, but that's it.

Real life vs magazine VARIES a lot. Some people look fatter in real life, the same as looking much skinnier than they are in real life, too. It's also BS TV adds weight, too. It REALLY depends.

Real life vs magazine VARIES a lot. Some people look fatter in real life, the same as looking much skinnier than they are in real life, too. It's also BS TV adds weight, too. It REALLY depends.
It sounds like you say this from experience?
I would really love to see a thread about this, if people have stories of real-life sightings.

:luv:
article-2311956-1964E60B000005DC-301_634x898.jpg

article-2311956-1964E606000005DC-449_634x832.jpg

I disagree. I think models and celebs consistently look way thinner in real life (the majority). A lot of it I think has to do with context. We see pictures of these models on their own or next to other models. We don't see photos of them next to, say, your next door neighbor where you'd have a better idea of just how thin they are. Even then, some of the impact would be lost because a) photographs are two-dimensional and b) photographs are not in motion.

I agree. Sometimes people have a great camera-figure.

Sometimes It's just our perception of them when they even appear super-skinny ans for real they are 'normal'...

I disagree. I think models and celebs consistently look way thinner in real life (the majority). A lot of it I think has to do with context. We see pictures of these models on their own or next to other models. We don't see photos of them next to, say, your next door neighbor where you'd have a better idea of just how thin they are. Even then, some of the impact would be lost because a) photographs are two-dimensional and b) photographs are not in motion.

That's why I said IT DEPENDS :)

I work in media and I have seen it both ways. Celebrities (actors, pop-stars etc) tend to be way way smaller in height and much skinnier in real life than how they appear. You'd be surprised at how tiny and lovely most celebs are (especially in Asia!)

Now there's one group where the OPPOSITE is true.

Bloggers.

I dunno, I've met my fair share of the top bloggers in the world (some are even friends) and IRL they are really nothing to write home about. Average as fuck. But then they get in front of a camera and they know exactly how to pose, how to dress, and they look SO much better there. It's shocking to me sometimes.

(note: Yes, I know many bloggers p'shop their photos, but the same is true when they are snapped by street photogs or even just in an instagram. So.)

I have a friend who lives in her apartment building in Brooklyn. It's called the clocktower condos and they're really really nice. Anyway! Apparently, she smokes a lot a lot of pot. He lives on her floor and he said there is always so much pot smell coming from her condo!

Not surprised at all!

Reactions: 1 user
I've heard this too. Apparently its cause she cant sleep without it.... :banghead:

I have a friend who lives in her apartment building in Brooklyn. It's called the clocktower condos and they're really really nice. Anyway! Apparently, she smokes a lot a lot of pot. He lives on her floor and he said there is always so much pot smell coming from her condo!

Not surprised at all!

She does really well to keep her weight down then! I couldn't possibly maintain a low weight if I smoked pot, major munchies!

I actually find that weed helps me with weight loss since it helps me enjoy everything more. Whether it's an indulgent food or a piece of fruit, I taste and appreciate it more intensely. In fact I find that junk food is easier for me to ignore when I'm high while fresh healthy food becomes even more attractive.
That said, I will still eat the hell out of some Haagen Dazs if it's avaliable when the munchies kick in. :p

My skinniest friend is the biggest pothead and she says she doesn't really get the munchies. Jealouss...

Some people lose weight by taking drugs, but it's pretty much because they eat less and focus more on the drugs...