Mary-Kate Olsen

She's sucking her cheeks in in all of those pictures, right?

That irritates me soo much! It looks so awkward and unnatural! -.-

You mean like this?
olsen%2520twins.jpg

Is it just me or does it get easier to tell them apart? Just wondering if it's the difference in weight or if MK just had work done in her face? MK used to be my favorite but I must say in this particular picture I like Ashley's face so much more.

Sorry to bump an old thread but the Olsen's are forever in my heart :luv: and love seeing new pictures of them, which is quite rare nowadays (or is it just me?)

Reactions: 1 users
You mean like this?
olsen%2520twins.jpg

Is it just me or does it get easier to tell them apart? Just wondering if it's the difference in weight or if MK just had work done in her face? MK used to be my favorite but I must say in this particular picture I like Ashley's face so much more.

Sorry to bump an old thread but the Olsen's are forever in my heart :luv: and love seeing new pictures of them, which is quite rare nowadays (or is it just me?)
I just love these girls. From boho to bag lady, MK has always been fun to watch evolve. I agree it's much easier to tell them apart with age and what appears to be some individualized face work.

• Funny
Is it just me or does it get easier to tell them apart?

I agree it's much easier to tell them apart with age

If I remember correctly, MK&A are actually fraternal twins - they don't share any more genes than your average paid of sisters. It's not surprising they look less alike with age. I'm sure they've both had work done, but it's not why they don't look alike anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was perusing the Met Gala thread (also old) and MK looks INSANE. Like, I'm so disappointed with how poorly she's aged. Sad, considering they used to be such a vivacious, gorgeous pair. It just makes me so sad. At least Ashley has managed to hang on to some of her looks.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was perusing the Met Gala thread (also old) and MK looks INSANE. Like, I'm so disappointed with how poorly she's aged. Sad, considering they used to be such a vivacious, gorgeous pair. It just makes me so sad. At least Ashley has managed to hang on to some of her looks.
Ashley has always been the more measured one, no? Whether rehab was for an ED or drug abuse, both typically do a number on the body in ways physically apparent.

Either away, the third Olsen is only three years younger but looks closer to a decade younger compared to MK.

mary-kate-ashley-elizabeth-olsen-store-opening-09.jpg

olsen.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Ashley has always been the more measured one, no? Whether rehab was for an ED or drug abuse, both typically do a number on the body in ways physically apparent.

Either away, the third Olsen is only three years younger but looks closer to a decade younger compared to MK.

mary-kate-ashley-elizabeth-olsen-store-opening-09.jpg

olsen.jpg

Elizabeth is lovely, she seems like she has her life together. Granted, she wasn't a popular child star, but still she would have been exposed to it in some ways. It's sad to see how much abusing your body like MK did can ruin you. She's like the cautionary tale...

Pumping an old thread but the Olsens don’t really make the news anymore, ever. However I saw that they recently announced that The Row will launch a menswear line.

I assume the photo on WSJ is from an older photoshoot, so here's May 2018 update on her looks

479C2C5E-AC0D-4306-96E6-CCEFEEB47F60.jpeg

• Agree

Pumping an old thread but the Olsens don’t really make the news anymore, ever. However I saw that they recently announced that The Row will launch a menswear line.

I assume the photo on WSJ is from an older photoshoot, so here's May 2018 update on her looks

View attachment 26304

I've always felt like MK was born to be a tiny delicate grandmother-like CEO, and it doesn't bother me that she's aging 'poorly' - be that as a result of her struggles (past or present), her genetics, or her altering her appearance with surgery.

With anyone else, I might look down on them for not 'retaining their youth'. But for some reason, with her, it just feels like the natural evolution.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I've always felt like MK was born to be a tiny delicate grandmother-like CEO, and it doesn't bother me that she's aging 'poorly' - be that as a result of her struggles (past or present), her genetics, or her altering her appearance with surgery.

With anyone else, I might look down on them for not 'retaining their youth'. But for some reason, with her, it just feels like the natural evolution.
This is perfect; I've never heard - read - it expressed before but this is exactly how I feel towards her as well. I mean, it's a somewhat classic tale, isn't it? Child star gradually turns into a genuinely respected mogul.

Slightly OT:
I'm glad the media aren't on her back about weight/appearance like they are with some, I know with some celebrities the buzz about being ill was manufactured but I always thought that 'scandal' (ditto Britney and of course, sadly, Amy) was actually quite truthful.

Reactions: 2 users
Out of curiosity, which celebrities?
I don't know the accuracy (and don't have the time to cross-check properly, I'm afraid!), but this is a tumblr post that touches on a few of the 'wild child' ones.

Usually, I stay away from these, but the tumblr isn't actually too wild with their claims (it does cross-check and they used to update as they researched, plus it was the first one I knew of to talk about a lot of Courtney Love pre-fame 'events', which I know through family to be true):

• Dislike
I don't know the accuracy (and don't have the time to cross-check properly, I'm afraid!), but this is a tumblr post that touches on a few of the 'wild child' ones.

Usually, I stay away from these, but the tumblr isn't actually too wild with their claims (it does cross-check and they used to update as they researched, plus it was the first one I knew of to talk about a lot of Courtney Love pre-fame 'events', which I know through family to be true):

Just to add - I’ve heard the same things about Courtney from people in the old school Seattle music scene so I think it has some weight. Crazy when you think of what spanned from that and how her relationship with Kurt really impacted music history.

• Love