Marine Deleeuw

Marine for Harper's Bazaar Netherlands December 2015
Photographer: Angelo D'Agostino

Mhmmm sorry to ruin it for you gurls but in this pic her arms and calves look especially bad... :whistling:

Reactions: 2 users
Oh I don't like this editorial. Not at all.

If that is how she looks in real life, I would say she doesn't want to go back to her lowest. It's been almost 2 years ago, she could have easily dropped weight in this time.
Her life, her decision. But it's a pity.

Oh I don't like this editorial. Not at all.

If that is how she looks in real life, I would say she doesn't want to go back to her lowest. It's been almost 2 years ago, she could have easily dropped weight in this time.
Her life, her decision. But it's a pity.
If it were easy why aren't we all at our goal weight?

Reactions: 1 users
Some here maintain. It's not like all of us arrived here to drop weight.

What are you trying to say ? I was talking about Marine, who may had other priorities than loosing weight, which I find a bit sad, because superskinny she is unreal.

Reactions: 3 users

What are you trying to say ? I was talking about Marine, who may had other priorities than loosing weight, which I find a bit sad, because superskinny she is unreal.
Yeah, you're right. I came to motivate myself exactly for that reason. For some reason, and this maybe only be in my mind, but she just seems like someone who REALLY struggles to lose no matter how badly they want to. I think it's because that's the vibe I get from her photos. She always has the sullen and sunken face and is showing off some angle of herself that looks really skinny, but it never is. Just like that last editorial. It's like she wants to convince people she's super skinny again.

Still. I think right now, she is a world away and a huge improvement from thunder thigh-Marine, don't you think?
She hasn't gone full-Barbara Palvin for me to completely write her off - especially from the looks of the last instagram post - I think she's getting her groove back.
I'm still holding out for her.

Reactions: 6 users
Yeah, you're right. I came to motivate myself exactly for that reason. For some reason, and this maybe only be in my mind, but she just seems like someone who REALLY struggles to lose no matter how badly they want to. I think it's because that's the vibe I get from her photos. She always has the sullen and sunken face and is showing off some angle of herself that looks really skinny, but it never is. Just like that last editorial. It's like she wants to convince people she's super skinny again.

Yes, I have always said that once she would gain, it would be 'interesting' to see what happens. I have to be honest, looking back now, maybe she was starving a lot to achieve that look, and at one point she gave up heavy restriction, which is okay. ...She may have been tired to see no matter how much she would be on diet, her hips/legs/thighs/calves would not change.

The recent pictures look promising. It is a joke that she gets no catwalk jobs, especially if I see what kind of girls replaced her. :spazrun:

Reactions: 5 users
Marine's face is still gorgeous, plus it's possible she gave up "super skinny" for health reasons? Didn't she used to smoke a ton and restrict fairly heavily?

from various Instagram accounts, (her own pictures are 90% of her pretty cheekbones, hard to tell how she looks from head to toe)

1fhmPOI.png

gJbygB1.png

ecGySXm.png

The sweater :luv:

Does anyone have any idea if she walked in fashion week and if not, why? Judging by her Instagram (I know it can be photoshopped) she appears to be at a lower weight than any of the celebs/wanna be models walking!

Absent in all cities during the last weeks.

Guess,
measurements fiasco and her surname isn't Hadid or Kartrashian ?
Or,
Marine herself doesn't want to be part of the ugly catwalk development ?

Whenever this thread gets updated, I get my hopes up to see a new photo of her looking like her old self. Still love her though

Reactions: 4 users
Whenever this thread gets updated, I get my hopes up to see a new photo of her looking like her old self. Still love her though

+1

At least she doesn't tease us with ominous messages like 'big meeting in Paris' before FW like Snejana manages to fool half of TFS each half year. :lol::mclap::bs:

Absent in all cities during the last weeks.

Guess,
measurements fiasco and her surname isn't Hadid or Kartrashian ?
Or,
Marine herself doesn't want to be part of the ugly catwalk development ?

I used to think the same that you, but if we see her works since she dropped out of the runway, its all commercial and campaigns, maybe she is skinnier and lost a considerable amount of weight to be on the runway but making more commercial works pay more than fw?

Im just guessing maybe any VIP can give any inside?

I'm no VIP and don't know anything about Marine specifically, but I think you guys have to realize that it is very unusual for models (especially models in Marine's situation) to just go back to walking shows. Once you're not booked anymore, you're not booked anymore. There's an influx of SO MANY newbies season after season, and if you're not fresh faced and buzzed about, you won't book shit. Some very successful models go back to walking a few select shows (Iris Strubegger) or even full seasons (Caroline Trentini last season, CBN this season), but Marine never reached their level of success to begin with. Some models consistently book shows even though they don't book much print work (Waleska Gorczevski for example, to a certain point also Hanne), but the difference is that they never stopped doing runway, as opposed to Marine. Some models make unexpected comebacks, such as Katlin Aas a few seasons ago. But she's the blandest runway filler, that's the only explanation I can come up with to explain her success. The huge majority of models stops doing runway sooner or later because they aren't booked any more. If they're lucky, they are so great in print that they book A-list work nevertheless (Alisa Ahmann) or can go down the commercial route (Esther Heesch amongst many, many others). Or they end up like Marine and book eds for Harper's Bazaar Netherlands.

(Correct me if I'm wrong, VIPs, just my impression from following fashion for quite some time.)