Gemma Ward

I'm obsessed with this Bardot-inspired editorial by Karl Lagerfeld! :luv:
[...]

Wow, just wow. I'm seriously impressed. I didn't use to like her that much but this editorial is sheer perfection. The clothes, the makeup, the athmosphere and most of all Gemma looking so much like a perfect porcelain doll, tiny and just pure beauty. Thank you so much for posting. :luv:

tumblr_m9cb2kXquE1qiny9wo1_250.jpg

:luv:

Her voice is so surprising!
It's like, husky and raspy but silky at the same time
She sounds like an actual demonic and seductive mermaid, so NOT like her angelic face!

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it so fascinating how she is still so relevant in the fashion industry, I'm sure that if she had her old body and decided to come back she would be #1 again, with out a doubt :luv: I really want the Great Gatsby to come out only to see her even if it's just for a second

I really liked her in the Black Balloon. I was... probably 11 when I saw that movie and not into fashion, but I thought she was the most magical and gorgeous person, ever. :p Anyway, it had been years but as soon as I saw a picture of her (maybe a year ago) I remembered seeing her in that movie that I had watched only once. I guess true beauty is something that you will not forget for a long time.

It's a lovely film, by the way. You should check it out. It has fantastic reviews on rottentomatoes, which is... pretty rare. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/black_balloon/

At first I didn't get her appeal but now I totally get it and love her look! She's so breathtakingly beautiful:luv:. I want to see the Great Gatsby just to see her, it was the same for on strangers tide!
I can't believe I used to not understand how she was a model, the same with Sasha P ( I'm ashamed to admit that one :wtf:). Thankfully I've come to my senses!

I would love for her to get skinny again, so I can have more thinspo from her! She's such a beauty :luv:

I think Gemma Ward was probably the first model I ever really recognized and became interested in. :luv:

As a child, I was a complete tomboy, growing up with two older brothers. I love my mom and appreciate everything she taught me about being a person beyond appearance, but she really had/has no interest in fashion, beauty routines, etc. ;) So I just had very little exposure to these things.

I can't remember where, I guess some magazine... but I saw Gemma Ward on the cover and I was amazed. She just doesn't look like anyone I know, and her porcelain baby features made her seem perfect and exotic to me. I started appreciating the super skinny aesthetic thanks to her!:grin:

I just MUST tell you girls, after I went through this entire thread I took a nap and dreamed that Gemma was back to her old perfect weight and being very successful again! Well, a fan can dream... :luv:

If you want to feel nostalgic and be touched and moved and see the most adorable thing in the Universe here it is.
Aww... :luv:

vogue-girl-australia-2005-september-01.jpg

Ok I'm gonna start spamming this thread because it needs more pictures. Come on gurls, the Queen deserves more!

Our favorite babydoll by Arthur Elgort for Vogue Australia, August 2005

gemma-ward-by-arthur-elgort-2005-5-copy.jpg

gemma_ward_vogue_0805_kudos3.jpg

tumblr_lqrxaviCsO1qz9qooo1_r2_1280.jpg

1280134253_782010.jpg

June-2005--Gemma-Ward-vogue-131517_641_869.jpg

gemma-ward%20%285%29.jpg

okino.ua-101212-a.jpg

Beautiful

"Maiden Voyage" by Javier Vallhonrat for Vogue UK March 2012

Absolutely adore the makeup here. It makes Gemma's unique and striking eyes look even more striking.

MaidenVoyage01.jpg

MaidenVoyage02.jpg

MaidenVoyage03.jpg

MaidenVoyage04.jpg

MaidenVoyage05.jpg

MaidenVoyage06.jpg

MaidenVoyage07.jpg

MaidenVoyage08.jpg

MaidenVoyage09.jpg

MaidenVoyage10.jpg

Vogue Australia February 2004

Sigh, such wonderful and glorious times when an issue of Vogue Australia featured the It Girl and the It Girl only. That's probably because there are no more It Girls as special as Gemma to do whole issues about. :(

Cover
cover.jpg

Interview
(it's easier to read here)
interview1.jpg
interview2.jpg

"Brave New World" by Justin Smith

brave1.jpg

brave6.jpg

brave2.jpg
brave3.jpg

brave4.jpg
brave5.jpg

She looks like a cute porcelain doll! And she has killing legs, I want those! :luv:

Thank you so much for the photos @diamondsjoyandcharm!
I had/have a major girl crush on Gemma.. she is simply something else :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
"Mad About the Girl" by Patrick Demarchelier for Vogue Australia, December 2005

The Queen should give Snooki classes on pulling off a dark fake tan tan without looking like an Oompa Loompa.

Cover
1232696770.jpg

Editorial

012.jpg
1105.jpg

259.jpg
359.jpg

459.jpg
555.jpg

652.jpg
746.jpg