Gemma Ward

Ugh i came here after seeing Gemma in the Met Ball thread in takedowns and I'd forgotten how much I used to adore her so was honestly planning on writing something takedown-y about her weight gain but I've been looking through this thread from the beginning and I'm only on page 15 and ugh i'm so saaaaaaad :cry: I'd completely forgotten but Gem was the first model I fell in love with (I think I saw her on some maybelline or something mascara at a supermarket when I was young haha) and omg skinny Gemma is the most exquisite thing ever. I can't stop saving photos/gifs to my computer

These are already posted but:

tumblr_mfgmjpRFeD1r6jdc8o1_500.gif
tumblr_mfgmu7Tnfh1r6jdc8o1_500.gif
tumblr_meog2qNjUB1r6furjo1_500.png
tumblr_l1df3sE3TO1qz9qooo1_400.jpg
d-i-r-t-y-mind.tumblr.jpg

I didn't know she struggled with an ED though and idk but I irrationally love her so much and feel like I know her ( :lol: ) cause I loved her when I was so young so I'm glad if she's gotten over that and don't want her to go back to that to get skinny but just...... it makes me a little sad to see how different she's become. Even though the photos on this thread are so unbelievably beautiful I needed to take a break now halfway through because each time I saved a photo it made me sad that it was this amazing, ethereal, unworldly beauty that we probably will never see again :( still love Gem though, and now I feel guilty that I was originally planning on posting a bitchy comment. Just hope she's happy :flower:

Reactions: 2 users
I never realised she had experienced an ED in the past either - is that just one of those tabloid rumours or the real deal?

Baby Gemma was honestly one of the most ethereal beings I ever saw.
gemma_ward.gif

She was so unbelievably cute, too.
tumblr_m9uxquXqSR1qcf4t0.gif

Like others have said, I am very happy that she's happy. However, it's just sad when you know how much potential someone has, and how amazing they used to look, and you know that they'll never look like that again . . . :(

Reactions: 1 users
I never realised she had experienced an ED in the past either - is that just one of those tabloid rumours or the real deal?
Same here. I've never heard this rumour before until it was mentioned here. If it's true then it's just so sad.

Reactions: 1 user
Same here. I've never heard this rumour before until it was mentioned here. If it's true then it's just so sad.

I do remember reading something about this a while ago, although I can't remember where exactly. It definitely rings a bell though.

There are so many rumors about skinny models having ED that I do not believe it. We'll never know if it's true. As much as I love gossip about models, it's none of public's business to know that...

Reactions: 1 users
What happened to Gemma reminds me of Shirley Temple. She was no. 1 child star in Hollywood and everyone's darling. Then growing up happened and she lost her appeal.
I guess Gemma has lost a glow that was actually related to her childhood/early teens that will never come back. Furthwrmore, I think she couldn't face the pressures (thus the depression she declared having).

Her sister said Gem had one a few months ago in an Aus magazine article, I remember my mum showign it to me

W March 2004
Photographer: Nick Knight
Stylist: Jonathan Kaye
Hair: Sam McKnight
Makeup: Val Garland
Manicure: Marian Newman

p8VaCx4l.png

Ko0Ld8rl.jpg

PS2IjMKl.jpg

"The Balenciaga Mystique"
US Vogue March 2006
Photographer: Irving Penn
Stylist: Phyllis Posnick
Hair: Julien d'Ys
Makeup: Stéphane Marais

ZWZuQK8l.jpg

Alexander McQueen FW2006
wLwSqWOl.jpg
hTntSb8l.jpg
tG99hbjl.jpg
JuLGuOKl.jpg
hcVgtzvl.jpg

RwGw6Pnl.jpg
mzfUcsrl.jpg
MK9y8MWl.jpg
4fXntMrl.jpg
HLQGp6ml.jpg
IvxWhD3l.jpg
PCYFAM5l.jpg

Source: DailyMail
JjwU9G2.jpg
Its just cant comprehend how someone can go from stunningly beautiful to average :\ its the same girl but just with post pregnancy weight now she is just average. Her face used to have something special, like, she was so skinny that it highlighted that her eyes were a more separated than the usual, but it looked good on her, its what made her special, now i just dont see it. its so lame to feel so superficial but she kinda looks like kate winslet there.

Gemma Ward opens up about emotionally eating

Emotional Eating
'I've always been kind of an emotional person and it's always reflected itself in my body.
'So whether or not that was when I first started [modelling] or whether it was when I was thinner or bigger, it was always kind of a way it manifested from inside.'

Diet
she doesn't limit herself to a tough diet but does like to tuck into macrobiotic meals, which is a regime that involves eating grains as a staple food while avoiding highly processed goods and most animal products.

'I don't follow anything [a diet regime] in particular but I do incorporate different recipes from different diets and I do like a lot of macrobiotic meals'.
'I like to keep balance and incorporate all the things I've learnt through different diets. I feel now I have a bit more of a relaxed attitude'.

Indulgence
she loves guzzling down a nice cold bottle of fizzy pop.
'I've always liked coke. I've always drunk diet coke. And occasionally I'll have a [original] coke.
I'm not so strict on myself any more and I can enjoy a little indulgence,' she added.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...egime-mother-daughter-Naia-16-months-ago.html

I don't think she's in a good way mentally nowadays.. that's just the idea I get. Which is sad, and it's also sad to see her beauty to have fallen this much of course. The only reason I love coming back to this thread is to be in awe of her older work.. I hope Gemma will be able to get herself together one day. She seems to be trying but not quite getting there each time.

tumblr_nfv5njZaj61qjuiuco2_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_nx88kpDVdw1sabwdxo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nx93yhCbLf1tzzz5eo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nqp7vf2h8V1r6jdc8o2_1280.png

tumblr_ns78ojpgb41rio5q0o1_1280.jpg