emily browning

is this a progress? maybe i just wish it... :rolleyes:

Emily-Browning-1.jpg

hmm looks thinner to me, especially in the face... although maybe that's just because of the way her hair is pulled back?

Her legs look thinner to me, too. :hmm:

I think she was cute in Sucker Punch, but I really didn't like her in Pompeii. The acting was awful and so were her ears. She's definitely lost though.

I like how skinny she is, but she looks way older than 28.

I agree. She is very pretty and I love her body right now, and her cheekbones. But she definitely looked more youthful when she was a bit heavier (face-wise).

She's looking absolutely stunning, but tbh it's super hard to draw my attention away from the makeup application on her chest. There's just something really off about it to me.

I think she only looks this older than her age in these pictures because of the way she's styled for American Gods -- somber attire, with dark makeup. Even at the show's promo events.

emily-browning-american-gods-tv-series-premiere-in-london-uk-06-07-2017-5.jpg

These are pics from earlier this year -

emily-browning-the-hollywood-reporterphotoshoot-2017-1.jpg

emily-browning-deadlinephotoshoot-2017-3.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
@Delirium- just finished watching American Gods and damn she looked tiny in it (if you think about how the camera really adds on weight..) - @Natalie (apparently in the "nude" screenshots here whole upper body is covered with make-up and prosthetics so thats the off-look I guess..

tumblr_or5zbzQeTp1swms2fo3_r1_540.gif

tumblr_or1nv9xLmS1t1rvzco8_500.gif

@Delirium- just finished watching American Gods and damn she looked tiny in it (if you think about how the camera really adds on weight..) - @Natalie (apparently in the "nude" screenshots here whole upper body is covered with make-up and prosthetics so thats the off-look I guess..

I've really loved her on American Gods - I think she fits the character so well, especially with the changes they made from the book. And she is supposed to be dead and decaying, so it makes sense that they make her skin look bad.

For some reason she really reminds me of Lauren Ambrose, who played Claire on Six Feet Under (but who isn't as slim). Especially when she's a bit pissed. They have a very similar face structure, and look exactly the same when they swear.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Okay I seriously have to check out American Gods now. What's better, the book or the series?
The book is on my reading list but my husband wanted to start watching the show. It's really good. I'm already a fan of Gaiman but my hubby (who is not interested in reading) was shocked when I revealed that the show wasn't by David Lynch. The show is good and definitely worth watching but the literary purist in me wishes that I had read the book first.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
Okay I seriously have to check out American Gods now. What's better, the book or the series?

American Gods is one of my favourite books, and I've read it around ten times over the years. It's a fantastic book, I highly recommend it. It's the kind of book you can read over and over again, and always find something new. It's even better if you have an affinity for mythology.

The show has take a LOT of liberties, and changed a lot of backstories and events from the book (such as how the main character met his wife for example) - which is pretty necessary when you turn a book in to a series. However, Neil Gaiman (who wrote American Gods) had been very hands-on, and have co-written the scripts, so the changes feel right for tv. I quite like what they've done with the characters, and the changes work. I would definitely recommend reading the book first, but you really don't have to if you'd rather get in to the show right away.

Simply put: Both are really good, so I think you should just choose your favourite medium (book or tv) and start there.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users