Daphne Groeneveld

She looks so much better on film than in photos. (besides the weight issue)

She really does. I was never a fan of hers from her print work, but after the Dior commercial, I really loved her. If she had any acting talent, that might be a better fit for her.

I think she's hideous, i'm not sure what it is but I genuinely think she's horrendous looking. Not just for a model like as a regular person she's just really ugly in my opinion

I've only been in new york for 5 months and I already saw this girl so many times in soho. I take yoga classes around that area. I always see her with shopping bags but her outfits in all the times were boring her hair is really bad as well she should do something about it. Not to mention her body. Basically if this girl made it as a model then anyone can lol.

I like her because she's weird looking and I too am kind of weird looking. The first time I saw her was in the Dior Addict commercial and I thought she was just beautiful, but I agree, she's much better suited to video than stills.

I quite like her with a nude lip and made up eyes (that mouth is so big, it doesn't need any more attention drawn to it!)

Red lipstick = :wtf:

Reactions: 1 user
Daphne with her mom
MVNFnKxMpas.jpg

aFaIaWupI1A.jpg

Ahh!! How cute is she in those baby pictures! I'd be curious to see what her dad looks like, she doesn't take strongly after her mother really.

Just stumbled upon this picture on tumblr and while I don't usually like her, I think she looks stunning :luv:
tumblr_mtwhtk2Qrs1rz6l7qo1_500.jpg

Honestly, one thing about Daphne that I think makes her a great model is her flexibility!! Too many models only have one look and appear the same across photoshoots. Whereas Daphne can look like an alien in some photos:

selfcover.jpg

unconventionally stunning for more mainstream advertising (ex. H&M):

img_0207.jpg

and flat-out, undeniably gorgeous for commercials (watch the Dior Addict commercial if you haven't already!):

tumblr_m5dzbigk4E1qh7tq9o1_500.gif

Models are supposed to fit the mold for whatever brand they're hired for. It's not her fault when she looks kind of harsh with bleached brows like in the first example, it's what the makeup artist was going for! Personally, I love her (hence my icon :lol:). She's EXTREMELY versatile, and is absolutely beautiful!

Honestly, one thing about Daphne that I think makes her a great model is her flexibility!! Too many models only have one look and appear the same across photoshoots. Whereas Daphne can look like an alien in some photos:

unconventionally stunning for more mainstream advertising (ex. H&M):

and flat-out, undeniably gorgeous for commercials (watch the Dior Addict commercial if you haven't already!):

Models are supposed to fit the mold for whatever brand they're hired for. It's not her fault when she looks kind of harsh with bleached brows like in the first example, it's what the makeup artist was going for! Personally, I love her (hence my icon :lol:). She's EXTREMELY versatile, and is absolutely beautiful!

Really well illustrated point, I can definitely see what you mean. She's stunning and so so versatile.

tumblr_m5dzbigk4E1qh7tq9o1_500.gif

I will agree with this - in the first two photos you posted i find her unnattractive but she does look very pretty here so she can change it up - or just has a good smile i'm not sure haha

As fun it was to criticize Daphne, at least she always had different cards to play. It's like she puts on a full body mask to embody whatever is asked of her and I respect that.
tumblr_mop7j1Cl4K1qzrjtlo1_500.jpg

As fun it was to criticize Daphne, at least she always had different cards to play. It's like she puts on a full body mask to embody whatever is asked of her and I respect that.
tumblr_mop7j1Cl4K1qzrjtlo1_500.jpg

Oh wow, this pic <3
I'm not her biggest fan, but whoever styled this :bow: she looks beautiful

I love how she goes from extremely feminine to harsh and angular, which I guess is why she's great for both Dior and the weird "Let's bleach her eyebrows and smear her lips with unflattering colours" editorials.

I really like her in the Dior commercial, she looks so pretty and natural in it. Other than that, I have mixed feelings about her. Sometimes it works, sometimes not so much. I do agree with @cokediet, she looks better on film.

I can't see her coming back to modelling, I think she had definitely had her moment and obviously struggles with her weight too much, I feel sad for her.