Candice Swanepoel

NUDITY WARNING:

img-goddeses-10_104003654914.jpg

She looks great in this one, IMO.

Definitely gaining..did anyone see that instagram picture she posted yesterday where she said the paparazzi took it at an unflattering angle? Her legs looked huge

Royal Fantasy Bra, worth $10 M :wtf:

candice-swane_2704102a.jpg

bra17n-1-web.jpg

I'm usually not the person who flips shit because this model got the Fantasy Bra and this one didn't, or this model deserves the Fantasy Bra when the other one doesn't, but it's really sad that Alessandra Ambrosio had been working with VS for so long, and she's one of their most famous signature Angels, and her bra was a lot less beautiful/expensive. And when it was her turn, they acted as if it was nothing, Candice wore an outfit more expensive than Alessandra's Fantasy Bra, they showed a 5-minute biography of Candice before her segment, Candice opened her segment, Rihanna practically stole the rest of her attention and they cut out a lot of her walk when it aired on CBS.

It's annoying how all the VS Tumblr blogs are whining that it should have been Doutzen or Alessandra again but this time I can't help it, I kind of agree with them. I don't even like Alessandra much but it's so sad and a bit unfair to be less prefered than a relatively new girl when you've been working with the same company for so long. :(

Reactions: 1 user
Royal Fantasy Bra, worth $10 M :wtf:

candice-swane_2704102a.jpg

bra17n-1-web.jpg

I'm usually not the person who flips shit because this model got the Fantasy Bra and this one didn't, or this model deserves the Fantasy Bra when the other one doesn't, but it's really sad that Alessandra Ambrosio had been working with VS for so long, and she's one of their most famous signature Angels, and her bra was a lot less beautiful/expensive. And when it was her turn, they acted as if it was nothing, Candice wore an outfit more expensive than Alessandra's Fantasy Bra, they showed a 5-minute biography of Candice before her segment, Candice opened her segment, Rihanna practically stole the rest of her attention and they cut out a lot of her walk when it aired on CBS.

It's annoying how all the VS Tumblr blogs are whining that it should have been Doutzen or Alessandra again but this time I can't help it, I kind of agree with them. I don't even like Alessandra much but it's so sad and a bit unfair to be less prefered than a relatively new girl when you've been working with the same company for so long. :(

I couldn't agree more... I normally wouldn't give two hoots about who gets what etc., but if you think about it, it will be Alessandra's 13th[/B] show. She worked with them almost a decade and a half!
So many other girls deserve it better than Candice does. I'm not saying she doesn't deserve it, or isn't cut out for it (I think she looks really great in it!), but there are more worthy models in the pack than her...

Well Candice sells a lot more than AA these days. Sorry to say it but she looks like she's aging. Lima and Doutzen both look younger (and they've both lost weight), and Candice looks the youngest (although fattest). It's not really about 'how long' you've worked or 'how hard' you've worked, but the potential for you to sell.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not an insider, but I have to agree with ZeroDiet. IMO Candice looks the best of the mentioned models and she totally fits to VS image.

You would have thought that the "royal fantasy bra" would have gone to one of the VS queens though. I think Doutzen is much more deserving.

Plus the fact that they are spending millions on a bunch of boob covering jewels for a model that sticks her ass out in every single shot kinda irks me.

You would have thought that the "royal fantasy bra" would have gone to one of the VS queens though. I think Doutzen is much more deserving.

Plus the fact that they are spending millions on a bunch of boob covering jewels for a model that sticks her ass out in every single shot kinda irks me.

Doutzen is noticeably aging though. And she doesn't have nearly the same exposure or fan base as Candice. Lima was queen, then AA briefly (when Lima was pregnant with her first child), now it's Candice. Doutzen is a 'senior' but never reached queen status, imo.

Doutzen is noticeably aging though. And she doesn't have nearly the same exposure or fan base as Candice. Lima was queen, then AA briefly (when Lima was pregnant with her first child), now it's Candice. Doutzen is a 'senior' but never reached queen status, imo.

I agree with you about Doutzen never reaching queen status; I just don't think Candice has reached that level in my mind.. I feel as though VS keeps pushing Candice to the public and it just seems so forced.

Well Candice sells a lot more than AA these days. Sorry to say it but she looks like she's aging. Lima and Doutzen both look younger (and they've both lost weight), and Candice looks the youngest (although fattest). It's not really about 'how long' you've worked or 'how hard' you've worked, but the potential for you to sell.

I agree! Modeling isn't a meritocracy - newcomers can grab huge campaigns, bland as fuck models (*cough* Julia Nobis *cough*) can have amazing seasons, and established models like Frida and Jac can fade in the blink of an eye. The unexpectedness is part of what makes it so interesting to follow ;)

That said, I do find it annoying that Candice is so heavily promoted by VS, but I'd feel the same way if Alessandra or Doutzen were as overexposed. I'm not a fan of Candice, but she's VS's flavor of the moment so it makes sense for her to get the bra. At least she's a better choice than Lily :p

I will never understand why Lily is a VS model - she is the definition of bland as fuck. Her body is so average too, along with her face. :disgusted: