Candice Swanepoel

@Babydoll

Right!

Girls here are like, "Oh I love Vlada and Olga and Snejana they're so beautiful and perfect and I'd lick them if I had the chance blah blah blah," and then somehow Candice Swanepoel has a 32 page thread.

Yeah! And it's not even like Candice was Lara or Natalia or Saskia, whom may be bigger than the SG-skinny standard but at least their work is good and something worth talking about. Candice really has nothing special about her. I don't understand why this thread is so long compared to others who actually have good spreads, campaigns, walks, better bodies/faces, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Babydoll

Right!

Girls here are like, "Oh I love Vlada and Olga and Snejana they're so beautiful and perfect and I'd lick them if I had the chance blah blah blah," and then somehow Candice Swanepoel has a 32 page thread.

Because it is somehow an inspiration - to see that they actually look worse than you. Some kind of satisfaction. Candice used to be thinner. Now she's very normal looking, she just gained and doesnt look good at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
MAY 27, 2013

article-2331811-1A076FAF000005DC-668_634x725.jpg

article-2331811-1A075F78000005DC-958_634x809.jpg

article-2331811-1A07BA3D000005DC-406_634x517.jpg

article-2331811-1A07BA64000005DC-549_634x580.jpg

article-2331811-1A076FEC000005DC-124_634x706.jpg

article-2331811-1A077210000005DC-861_306x655.jpg

article-2331811-1A07209A000005DC-63_306x655.jpg

If that's all that it takes to be a model, why the hell am I bothering to slim down?
Better go join VS in all of my flabby glory!

In all seriousness, I remember a time (HW, BMI 26) where I looked up to these girls and said "wow, they are just gorgeous. I wish that I could look like them"

But a year ago, while walking in NYC with my mother, I spotted a billboard with Candice, Lily Donaldson and Lais Ribeiro and remembered her saying "Love your body? How can you when they plaster stick-thin girls in lingerie to promote acceptance?"

And there I was thinking "gosh, Candice's legs look large"

This thread is starting to look like a takedown thread. Will she be the next Barbara Palvin?

Out of all the VS angels, she's one that I like the least. I agree, her upper half is very toned, very small ribcage (even though she has incredibly broad shoulders) but the difference with her lower part is really, wow!

Also, in all of her interviews, she just sounds so... fake and unnatural, as if she's trying to project an image of her that doesn't really match with her inner personality, I don't really know how to explain this..

to me she is the epitome of someone with a really bad diet. low cal most days, but high sugar and salt (energy drinks, junk food snacks etc) and goes between starving and binging. i get this vibe because her stomach and jaw are always so bloated. she always looks like is holding in her stomach and if she let go she would be super bloated.

she looks like someone who tries to out train a bad diet. she is so soft. she needs to eat clean (she doesn't need to starve, she can eat 6 small meals if they are lean protein and veggies) to get a tight stomach and thighs, and needs to do weights instead of just cardio to beat the 'skinny fat' plague.

Yes, she is arguably commercial, boring and fake.
But because of some warped, misguided sense of patriotism I will always love her. And pics like these make me cry a little bit:

2ymycsm.jpg

Why Candi, whyyy? THIGHS

Well, at least it's better than Upton. Though that's not much to brag about.

Yes, she is arguably commercial, boring and fake.
But because of some warped, misguided sense of patriotism I will always love her. And pics like these make me cry a little bit:

2ymycsm.jpg

Why Candi, whyyy? THIGHS

Well, at least it's better than Upton. Though that's not much to brag about.

It's odd because one of her thighs look huge while the other one is rather small in comparison :hmm:

It's odd because one of her thighs look huge while the other one is rather small in comparison :hmm:

If you watch yourself walk in front of a mirror, you'll see this happens to you too! It's because of her walking: moving one leg forward and the other not taking another forward step yet.

She looks like she's gained (and awful fake tan). She needs to be thinner for this to look as kick ass as it potentially could. Nice to see her mixing it up a bit though all the same. 50% of the VS girls have the same highlighted wavy hair so...

More images and DM article

article-0-1A5386D3000005DC-277_634x611.jpg

6a00e54ef9645388340192ab1fa69c970d-700wi

Candice.jpg

Candice Swanepoel impulsively dyed her hair on Thursday night - two hours before arriving to the amfAR Inspiration Gala in New York.
The 24-year-old Victoria's Secret model, seen here in a new Instagram snap, revealed she changed up her look at the last minute because she fancied a change.

etc etc

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-impulsively-dyed-hours-red-carpet-event.html

ETA:

Yeah I kinda love it, with and without that make-up. Fake tan is still pissing me off though.

Untitled-2.jpg

she looked much prettier before, this shade of blonde makes her skin look overly tanned and plastic as fuck :< i definitely prefer her with her previous shade, or as a brunette.

I really love this hair colour (but maybe because I've wanted to dye it like this for the longest time) I do think she needs to dye her eyebrows as well. And has to tan less because now that it contrasts more with her hair, it looks awful. Just like when Isabel Lucas had this colour.