Ariana Grande

Jeez, what celebrity culture has come to. Remember the time when Audrey Hepburn was famous? The concept of celebrity culture had a point back then, it was aspirational. Today it's like - to quote someone more eloquent than myself - ''you are such an inspiration for the ways that I will never ever choose to be''.

Reactions: 6 users
Jeez, what celebrity culture has come to. Remember the time when Audrey Hepburn was famous? The concept of celebrity culture had a point back then, it was aspirational. Today it's like - to quote someone more eloquent than myself - ''you are such an inspiration for the ways that I will never ever choose to be''.
Agree, celebrities now are pointless. No class and rarely any talent. They are cheap imitations of what the show buissness performers used to be.

Agree, celebrities now are pointless. No class and rarely any talent. They are cheap imitations of what the show buissness performers used to be.

not gonna lie, I really like Ariana Grande and she's far from talentless. Girl has PIPES. She was on broadway in the early 2000's (I went and saw it not bc of her but just happened to see it) and she can still sing. And watching her rap is pretty fun. And I honestly kinda like that she's a bitchy diva. Like why else be famous if you can't be a diva?

Her doughnut licking shit tho...stupid af. Dislike her more for it, but not gonna stop singing her songs in my car.

I always thought she looked pretty good most of the time too. Not skinny skinny, but thin? Svelte? Toned maybe?

Attachments

• ariaa.jpg
    ariaa.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 358
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user
not gonna lie, I really like Ariana Grande and she's far from talentless. Girl has PIPES.

I actually agree with this - one of the few artists today who I think has a genuinely fantastic voice.
That being said I think her music is annoying as shit and isnt really my thing but she does have the talent of a great singer

Reactions: 1 users
Her upper body has been looking very thin lately but her thighs are still larger, as evidenced by all her tour photos with those (god awful) thigh high boots.

not gonna lie, I really like Ariana Grande and she's far from talentless. Girl has PIPES.

Yeah, she does. Pity she doesn't grasp the basic tenets of enunciation when she sings.

And I honestly kinda like that she's a bitchy diva. Like why else be famous if you can't be a diva?

Is she really a diva though? She just seems like some Wal-Mart knock off "diva". She's trying (maybe) but that girl is not exactly a new generation Mariah Carey.

I think anyone who sticks their mouth on a doughnut in a shop and then talks about the country she lives in in such a derogatory way is either a major diva or seriously delusional. I'm not sure which it is but either way she's a brat.

Old news but this stumpy lil' nugget had the following to say about her fans...
'She did autographs and pics and was all smiles until she got into the elevator

'And as soon as the doors shut she said, "I hope they all f***ing die."'

In all her glorious nuggetness (thighs and all):

article-2760170-21718A8E00000578-550_634x934.jpg

And some more amusing quotes from the Daily Fail
Her lackeys are said to have told snappers, 'Don’t use natural light' and 'Do shoot only from the left side of her face.'

Ariana's underlings were also reported to have told Australian reporters they were not allowed to ask her about dating, her disastrous Nickelodeon show, a rumoured collaboration with Justin Bieber and, perhaps most bizarrely of all, comparisons to Mariah Carey.

Reactions: 2 users
She wishes anyone would actually compare her to (early) Mariah Carey. Best voice ever! And she could enunciate her words while singing!

Fluctuates like crazy. One second she's a full blown fattie, then she's a skinnie and now she's back to being your average 5'2 person.
Her body was owed to her veganism and calorie restriction for sure. As soon as she cut back on the food and went vegan she lost weight, then the doughnut thing proved she was no longer vegan AND was eating junk food and coincidentally she gained weight around the same time...
At least she has talent though, that I will give her

Hopefully this link attached correctly. This is an awesome video of her impersonating other singers (she's really good at it!!!!) and she looks like she lost. You can actually see her xylophone!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Doesn't make up for her fucking shitty personality of a trash can.
You're totally right @FrançoiseEllyn. She needs a good bitch slap or 10 but those were some of the best impressions I've heard in a long time.

I'm gonna put this out there in case it isn't obvious yet (and I wanna say it before someone else does) but I love Ariana Grande so maybe I'm just being a little forgiving.

But like Justin Bieber she's been in the spotlight for 7 years- a third of her life. And most of the world should be forgiving of them because they're just kids under a microscope. Like dude, I got fucked up after my wisdom teeth removal and just started sobbing because I was so filled with love for my nurses- women I had talked to for maybe 5 minutes before going under. And afterwards when I was high on oxy, I thought everything was funny. Someone definitely could've convinced me that licking donuts would be fucking hilarious (and the video looks like they were playing dares). Even if she wasn't fucked up on painkillers whatever. She's 22. I'm 20 and do stupid as fuck shit all the time (not licking donuts, which yea agreed, weird AF). Most of the time she isn't in the news but when she does something news worthy it's going to get reported. It's unfortunate that she said she hates her fans ONCE, but who doesn't want to just dip out sometimes and say fuck everything and everyone.

She also has done some respectful stuff. She's gone on tirades about feminism, which is pretty cool of her. She dumped Big Sean because he wouldnt stop talking about her pussy (so maybe she's a little dumb for dating a rapper but w/e). And then, after the break up, she called people out for just being like, "Oh Big Seans ex- Ariana" instead of talking about her talent and her work.

I agree she seems like a diva (and I think this about most divas) is that it's because a diva because she's a perfectionist and very type A. Personally I'm all about the divas. Their bad bitches with their shit together who know what they want and how to get it. I think she hides it poorly, but when she was at the pinnacle of being a diva (only take photos from my right side, dont compare me to Mariah Carey) she was what 19? Probably insecure and was trying to be her own individual. When I was younger I HATED people comparing me to other people.

As for her weight. She's no SG skinny, but I love her bony upper body. I don't think she will ever get her thighs down, but it's pretty hard when you're as short as we are. I think this was at her slimmest- from her instagram couple years ago- and I think she looks good for a pop star (pop star pinnacle of skinniness is definitely TSwift tho).

3cj14tu (1).jpg

• Love
Sure, she's young and says stupid things. I do, a trillion times a day. However, I'm not blasted in the spotlight where every movement and word are constantly scrutinized. You don't get forgiveness, you can never go back on your words unless you actively show you're changing.

Also, people don't enjoy divas. There's a very small percentage of people who care in the least bit. As much as the drama seems fun to certain people, when the line crosses disrespectful, people don't put up with it. This is in reference to the general public, and not SG because we often thrive on that drama. And I don't know who her ex is at all, I don't recognize that name and am not sure how that relates to this.

Loving her previously will definitely thwart your opinion into something else. I've noticed this generation doesn't know the difference of the art vs the artist, and I'm right part of that generation.

I'm sorry but I don't think comparing her to being high on oxycontin is a good thing. I mean, being sober and doing that sounds about a dozen times worse does it not? Sure, her upper body isn't bad. But that donut shop extravaganza is unfortunately going to stay with her always. It's life.

This picture is taken from a lower angle that intentionally is meant to skew her proportions. Nice gap but are her legs even together? Also, wasn't this to really showcase to her ig fans her "tiny ass" and just how "tiny" she had gotten at the time? It was such a weird contradictory humble-brag given her intentional weight loss... I hate that I know these things. :run:

Agree with @francoiseEllyn. It's not that she's dumb, it's that she's disrespectful, entitled AND dumb.

Being high post-wisdom teeth removal and showering the nurse with love? Not disrespectful in the least. Cute, silly, a little dumb. Ruining someone else's livelihood with your drool? Saying you hope your fans die? There's no word for how cruel that is.

And this is not an attack on you whatsoever, because I don't think the things you describe are on her level of rudeness, but I don't buy the "I do it and I'm not a celebrity!" argument. Disrespect is disrespect no matter how well-known you are.

I also don't buy "we're just young and silly!" unless you're actually young. At 14, sure, maybe. At 20, 22 years old, you're old enough to know better. I'm done excusing childish behavior in those who aren't children anymore.