Anna Selezneva

She isn't as active as a model anymore as she once was and that's what I meant by saying "during her prime" - i.e. the time when she was still more active. I can't say anything about her body now because I haven't seen any recent pictures. I don't doubt that she's still looking a million times better than I ever will though. ;)

Alexander+Wang+Fall+2009+eJrXjfifyZKx.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
These are from the beginning of 2008. Now, at age 30, she still looks almost exactly the same!

AnnaSBalmain6.jpg
AnnaSBalmain7.jpg

AnnaSBalmain10.jpg
AnnaSBalmain11.jpg

iSuyVZV.jpg

Google brings up 25, which seems WAY more likely, but Wikipedia says 30. 25 seems right because she was discovered in 2007, which would have made her 17 according to Google, or 22 according to Wikipedia.
Actually Anna is one of the models whose agency lied about her age. She is 30. As a long time fan. I explained it on TFS a couple months ago when people were asking. The gist was that based on what she said about her education, if she was 25 she would have had to have finished university by 18 (very unlikely as they would specially mention that in interviews).

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/showpost.php?p=13290395&postcount=304

Actually Anna is one of the models whose agency lied about her age. She is 30. As a long time fan. I explained it on TFS a couple months ago when people were asking. The gist was that based on what she said about her education, if she was 25 she would have had to have finished university by 18 (very unlikely as they would specially mention that in interviews).

Interesting. But regardless, that body is incredible no matter how old she is:luvluv:

Reactions: 1 user
I find it so hard to believe that she's 30. Even Magda doesn't look that fresh.
Anna and Magda have always looked phenomenal. Even when they've gained a little weight, they still look better than 99.9% of the population. Natasha looks great too, but she has in the past briefly looked not so great. Regardless, considering their lifestyle at one point, they all look amazing.

Reactions: 1 users

I was reading a Joan Smalls interview and she said she started modelling at 19 and had FINISHED her degree in Psychology....right. Mensa member right there.

24-32 you look effectively the same. If you don't then you have really unfortunate lifestyle or facial factors.
That's why I promote modelling later in life because your career would (hopefully) last longer as you look the same for 8 years rather than look 16 once.

I was reading a Joan Smalls interview and she said she started modelling at 19 and had FINISHED her degree in Psychology....right. Mensa member right there.

24-32 you look effectively the same. If you don't then you have really unfortunate lifestyle or facial factors.
That's why I promote modelling later in life because your career would (hopefully) last longer as you look the same for 8 years rather than look 16 once.
I agree, I wish the modelling industry wouldn't have such a thing with age because there are so many girls over 24 that look younger than some younger ones (because of face features, skin care, etc)! And most things become permanent in this years, usually weight also, personality is tougher.. a lot of positive. But oh well.
Back to topic -
Anna is a goddess. I can't believe she exists.

Reactions: 2 users

I honestly think the styling and hair of this show was the most beautiful I've ever seen her, Snej, Natasha etc - with the natural makeup - because it really shows their true beauty. And for me to find them at their most beautiful says A LOT, since they look absolutely positively gorgeous all the time and make money doing so. <3

"Smalls went back to Puerto Rico, straightened her teeth and continued her studies, eventually completing a psychology degree in two years instead of four. After graduation she relocated to New York permanently, moving in with her aunt in Ridgewood, Queens in 2007. She was 19."

Re: the age thing, not entirely sure I agree. Personally I'll probably look early twenties until I'm 35+ (since I'm still getting ID'd :rolleyes:) but most people do look their age unless they are taking very very good care of their skin, and even then, there's a good change they'll look their age. Anecdotally, most girls I know who are in their late 20s absolutely look like they're in their late 20s... with the exception of a few who are Asian. I wouldn't say models have the best lifestyle for "skin preservation" btw.
With the exception of a lucky few genetically blessed goddesses, your career would be much shorter if you start later. Sure you'll look 16 once but when you're 24, you'll be 8 years ahead of the girl who just started at 24.

"Smalls went back to Puerto Rico, straightened her teeth and continued her studies, eventually completing a psychology degree in two years instead of four. After graduation she relocated to New York permanently, moving in with her aunt in Ridgewood, Queens in 2007. She was 19."
Her birthday is in July. That would mean she started University at 16 because she signed one month after her 19th birthday then August 2007.
If that is true, then she is both one of the smartest and oldest looking just turned 19 year olds in the world
http://img185.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=61040_76676152_122_547lo.jpg

"
Re: the age thing, not entirely sure I agree. Personally I'll probably look early twenties until I'm 35+ (since I'm still getting ID'd :rolleyes:) but most people do look their age unless they are taking very very good care of their skin, and even then, there's a good change they'll look their age. Anecdotally, most girls I know who are in their late 20s absolutely look like they're in their late 20s... with the exception of a few who are Asian. I wouldn't say models have the best lifestyle for "skin preservation" btw.
With the exception of a lucky few genetically blessed goddesses, your career would be much shorter if you start later. Sure you'll look 16 once but when you're 24, you'll be 8 years ahead of the girl who just started at 24.

I think the issue is there is so much distortion about what age looks like. A young and an old looking 28 year old still both look 28. The issue is how believable the other end of the spectrum is.
There are 14 year old models presented as being in their early 20s, then early 20s actors/actresses playing teenagers in movies/television then mid 20s actresses playing mid 30s (Jennifer Lawrence).
Magdalena looks 30. She certainly does not look 20. She could pass for 24 at the youngest but she is a believable 30. Anna looks 30 too. I don't know one 30 year old with wrinkles. 30 year olds are not covered in wrinkles and damage.

Perhaps it's because of where I live. That plays a huge role too. Far fewer life stresses, later marriages, fewer children, office jobs etc which thus impacts the preservation process.

"

I meant the majority of models would be starting at 24, not the rare ones. Because at 24 you could see who had good habits formed in terms of lifestyle factors. 14 year olds all look the same regardless of their lifestyle and they are more likely to want to be risk takers etc than someone who has matured and experienced what they wanted and was done with it. They wouldn't find alcohol or partying some crazy adventure of being underage etc exciting. But then you have to deal with the side effects - e.g. impact on promoters etc. And the realistic difficulties of people having decided what they wanted to do with their lives etc. Also, it would drastically reduce the 'talent' pool because only those with specific socio-economic backgrounds would qualify - the ones void of life stresses, income to spend on skincare, time to exercise more frequently, choice if modelling was not sufficiently profitable or enticing to continue etc.
I understand the reality of the situation (and how unrealistic it is), this was the ideal I was referring to.

I am speaking from a position of privilege which demonstrates my need to remember my place and ignorance of other lifestyles and the reality of implementing it.
Even typing this out highlighted other factors I had not fully considered, so thank you :)

PS - Sorry everyone for going so far off topic!!!

Reactions: 4 users