Anna Selezneva

I meant the majority of models would be starting at 24, not the rare ones. Because at 24 you could see who had good habits formed in terms of lifestyle factors.
I agree with you to an extent, but then the issue (and the biggest issue imo) is that these (more privileged) models likely won't be as disciplined and willing to make sacrifices compared to their less privileged counterparts. It's like how American models are most likely to be labeled as brats. FT and some of the VIPs can attest to this. My view is that it's like picking from a large pool with a few diamonds vs. picking from a smaller pool with better quality overall but fewer diamonds. There are obviously pros and cons of each, but my preference (and bias) has always been to start young. :lol:

I agree with you to an extent, but then the issue (and the biggest issue imo) is that these (more privileged) models likely won't be as disciplined and willing to make sacrifices compared to their less privileged counterparts. It's like how American models are most likely to be labeled as brats. FT and some of the VIPs can attest to this. My view is that it's like picking from a large pool with a few diamonds vs. picking from a smaller pool with better quality overall but fewer diamonds. There are obviously pros and cons of each, but my preference (and bias) has always been to start young. :lol:
I was considering editing my post to reference this issue but then didn't. Same with malleability and the forming/critiquing of habits in the first place.
You complete me :)

Reactions: 1 user
Her birthday is in July. That would mean she started University at 16 because she signed one month after her 19th birthday then August 2007.
If that is true, then she is both one of the smartest and oldest looking just turned 19 year olds in the world
http://img185.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=61040_76676152_122_547lo.jpg

I think the issue is there is so much distortion about what age looks like. A young and an old looking 28 year old still both look 28. The issue is how believable the other end of the spectrum is.
There are 14 year old models presented as being in their early 20s, then early 20s actors/actresses playing teenagers in movies/television then mid 20s actresses playing mid 30s (Jennifer Lawrence).
Magdalena looks 30. She certainly does not look 20. She could pass for 24 at the youngest but she is a believable 30. Anna looks 30 too. I don't know one 30 year old with wrinkles. 30 year olds are not covered in wrinkles and damage.

Perhaps it's because of where I live. That plays a huge role too. Far fewer life stresses, later marriages, fewer children, office jobs etc which thus impacts the preservation process.

I meant the majority of models would be starting at 24, not the rare ones. Because at 24 you could see who had good habits formed in terms of lifestyle factors. 14 year olds all look the same regardless of their lifestyle and they are more likely to want to be risk takers etc than someone who has matured and experienced what they wanted and was done with it. They wouldn't find alcohol or partying some crazy adventure of being underage etc exciting. But then you have to deal with the side effects - e.g. impact on promoters etc. And the realistic difficulties of people having decided what they wanted to do with their lives etc. Also, it would drastically reduce the 'talent' pool because only those with specific socio-economic backgrounds would qualify - the ones void of life stresses, income to spend on skincare, time to exercise more frequently, choice if modelling was not sufficiently profitable or enticing to continue etc.
I understand the reality of the situation (and how unrealistic it is), this was the ideal I was referring to.

I am speaking from a position of privilege which demonstrates my need to remember my place and ignorance of other lifestyles and the reality of implementing it.
Even typing this out highlighted other factors I had not fully considered, so thank you :)

PS - Sorry everyone for going so far off topic!!!

I do think that younger girls generally tend to aim at looking older than they are or they just look older as is - which is why I think someone who is older but 'looks younger' (but really just looks their age)appears to look 'younger' just because of this disparity.

Reactions: 1 users
ngxdzl.jpg
2mcdflh.jpg

264gtp4.jpg

2mhbhxx.jpg

aselezneva_08febbs_balmain2.jpg

aselezneva_08febbs_balmain3.jpg

aselezneva_08febbs_balmain.jpg
aselezneva_08febbs_blugirl.jpg

I honestly think the styling and hair of this show was the most beautiful I've ever seen her, Snej, Natasha etc - with the natural makeup - because it really shows their true beauty. And for me to find them at their most beautiful says A LOT, since they look absolutely positively gorgeous all the time and make money doing so. <3

What show is it from?

I honestly think the styling and hair of this show was the most beautiful I've ever seen her, Snej, Natasha etc - with the natural makeup - because it really shows their true beauty. And for me to find them at their most beautiful says A LOT, since they look absolutely positively gorgeous all the time and make money doing so. <3
With you entirely. Got to be in my favorite top ten shows of that decade:

Cliffs notes -
  • she loves her job,
  • after her first season she fell ill for 3 weeks
  • she understands fashion week more now - names, locations, exhaustion etc
  • opening Balmain her second season was her career trigger point
  • she is considering working in the music industry post modelling (was when this video was shot)
  • she wants to have a family someday (was when this video was shot)

Reactions: 2 users

Cliffs notes -
  • she loves her job,
  • she is considering working in the music industry post modelling (was when this video was shot)

The way she ate that blueberry :lol: :luv:

Reactions: 1 user

Cliffs notes -
  • she loves her job,

she has such a great personality!! listening to her speak put a smile on my face:grin:

Anna for Harper's Bazaar Korea November 2015.
Photographer: Choi Yong Bin

451414-800w.jpg

451415-800w.jpg

451425-800w.jpg

451435-800w.jpg

451436-800w.jpg

451437-800w.jpg

451438-800w.jpg

451439-800w.jpg

451440-800w.jpg

451441-800w.jpg

For Vogue Spain February by Hasse Nielsen

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: 3 users
Massimo Dutti Evening F/W 2015
458614-800w.jpg

458616-800w.jpg

458617-800w.jpg

Vogue Japan October 2015
Editorial: Sacred Tribes of Mont cervin
Giampaolo Sgura - Photographer
426798-800w.jpg

426791-800w.jpg

426792-800w.jpg

426793-800w.jpg

426794-800w.jpg

426795-800w.jpg

426796-800w.jpg

426797-800w.jpg

Harper's Bazaar Korea November 2015 Cover
Choi Yong Bin - Photographer
451382-800w.jpg

Harper's Bazaar Korea November 2015
Editorial: Anna
451414-800w.jpg

451415-800w.jpg

451425-800w.jpg

451435-800w.jpg

451436-800w.jpg

451437-800w.jpg

451438-800w.jpg

451439-800w.jpg

451440-800w.jpg

451441-800w.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Wish we could see more of her.... But here are some updates!

Beymen Club S/S 2016
e5IOkQf5.jpg
Vs1P9V8z.jpg
o0MdSLzV.jpg
I2iwUqcN.jpg
qwMX313e.jpg
zM4NqVAJ.jpg
dIWtXgs0.jpg

SKP Magazine #6 Spring 2016
According to someone on Bellazon, SKP is a mall in Beijing. The mall has their own magazine? :confused:
lId066R1.jpg
7Y1O5WoC.jpg
DSBRkn0r.jpg
NZYu1FCB.jpg
OZHG4uRH.jpg
q8kFGvVU.jpg
AN1WwfTD.jpg

O4MB8L6.jpg

AwGICKFi.jpg

Anna is still gorgeous, come and save us from the Hadids and Kartrashians :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 9 users