Amber Heard

this is pretty disgusting:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-vacations-eating-plus-300-dry-cleaning.html

She only makes about 10k a month but spends nearly 50k each month. She is a lying, gold digging whore who is making a mockery of actual domestic abuse victims.

I think they've inflated numbers here to make a case for the kind of settlement she's seeking which is 50,000 a month in spousal support or something?
Anyway, we still don't know what really transpired between them except that there's bad blood here.

Reactions: 1 users
Unfortunately I find her toxic, unsympathic, manipulative, the dumb version of Gone Girl. But it doesn't matter,
if Depp hit her, he needs to be punished. If he didn't, she is a serious candidate for a mental institution.

Reactions: 6 users
Unfortunately I find her toxic, unsympathic, manipulative, the dumb version of Gone Girl. But it doesn't matter,
if Depp hit her, he needs to be punished. If he didn't, she is a serious candidate for a mental institution.
i agree on both accounts--i think the media circus has been overwhelmingly in his favor, which is why i tend to be skeptical, especially given his history of alcohol related violence, but i also find her situation a bit suspicious too...only time will tell

Reactions: 1 user
New photos released and it almost looks like she is smiling in one of them

sub-buzz-30765-1464811297-26.jpg

Attachments

• sub-buzz-30765-1464811297-26.jpg
    sub-buzz-30765-1464811297-26.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 87
This story is awful in every single way.

I've known both a victim of DV and someone who was falsely accused of it and from both sides there's no happy resolution. It's incredibly hard to stand up and bring a public accusation of DV against someone and face doubt from people but equally hard (probably impossible) to clear your name after a false accusation because some people will always believe there must have been truth there.

No matter what actually happened or what the conclusion of this is, some people will believe she was lying and some people will believe that he is and the whole thing is just an ungodly mess.

It looks like Amber's team has leaked some texts dating from 2014: http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/06/amber-heard-texts-show-history-of-alleged-abuse.html

It paints a pretty bleak/extensive picture of DV. For what it's worth, I believe her. I also think it's possible be didn't abuse his other partners; I too think drugs/alcohol played a huge part in the abuse. And maybe stress from a midlife crisis.

Even if she is a gold digger, a psychopath, and/or just a terrible person, she can still be the victim of DV.

Also Depp's team is doing major work, I wonder how much he's paying for this PR campaign tbh

Reactions: 4 users
It looks like Amber's team has leaked some texts dating from 2014: http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/06/amber-heard-texts-show-history-of-alleged-abuse.html

It paints a pretty bleak/extensive picture of DV. For what it's worth, I believe her. I also think it's possible be didn't abuse his other partners; I too think drugs/alcohol played a huge part in the abuse. And maybe stress from a midlife crisis.

Even if she is a gold digger, a psychopath, and/or just a terrible person, she can still be the victim of DV.

Also Depp's team is doing major work, I wonder how much he's paying for this PR campaign tbh

and even if she stayed, that doesn't make it ok...we don't have to like her as a person, but dismissing her entirely because of external factors seems unfair to me. As I said, either side is a mess right now

Reactions: 5 users
and even if she stayed, that doesn't make it ok...we don't have to like her as a person, but dismissing her entirely because of external factors seems unfair to me. As I said, either side is a mess right now

I agree. The lack of abusive behaviour in prior relationships doesn't mean it didnt happen in the current relaionship. Staying in a relationship has little to do with the validity of her claims and honestly if she is claiming spousal support - why not?
Losing money makes people hurt/regret their appalling behaviour alot more than feeling any guilt from the consequences of their actions at times.
Anyway, we'll have to see how this turns out.

I feel almost bad saying this, but these texts immediately seemed unnatural and If I dare say staged?

Reactions: 1 users
The problem with debating this whole story is that for numerous reasons (most of which have been stated above), Amber's claims should not be dismissed unless conclusively proven to be false but equally, Johnny cannot be presumed to be guilty unless he's proven to be. Anything else is speculative and guesswork. Most people (not here, I must say, as ever you're all offering interesting points on the whole story) seem to be projecting their own experiences and preferences on the whole thing and drawing a conclusion that way, picking and choosing from media reports and hearsay 'I knew someone who met him/her once and they said..' etc etc

It's the worst case of trial by media and public opinion I've seen - for both sides.

The problem with debating this whole story is that for numerous reasons (most of which have been stated above), Amber's claims should not be dismissed unless conclusively proven to be false but equally, Johnny cannot be presumed to be guilty unless he's proven to be. Anything else is speculative and guesswork. Most people (not here, I must say, as ever you're all offering interesting points on the whole story) seem to be projecting their own experiences and preferences on the whole thing and drawing a conclusion that way, picking and choosing from media reports and hearsay 'I knew someone who met him/her once and they said..' etc etc

It's the worst case of trial by media and public opinion I've seen - for both sides.

the worst trial by media? I know it's a really weird thing to harp on, but this is hardly the worst.

I have a huge crush on Johnny, so I want to believe in his innocence. However, this scandal made his sexy, misterious aura a little less brighter...:(:sorry:

Amber's claims should not be dismissed unless conclusively proven to be false but equally, Johnny cannot be presumed to be guilty unless he's proven to be.

Doesn't presuming Johnny is innocent mean we have to presume Amber is lying?

Reactions: 2 users
the worst trial by media? I know it's a really weird thing to harp on, but this is hardly the worst.

OK, maybe I overstated it but I did say 'that I've seen', not that it was absolutely, definitively the worst case full stop and I really do never read any news that isn't lightweight fluff so it's not entirely inaccurate from my perspective. My entire grasp of British politics over the last decade comes from Mock the Week and the Radio 4 News quiz.

Sorry if it bothered you...Probably should have phrased it differently but I can't change the post now so it's stuck there!

Doesn't presuming Johnny is innocent mean we have to presume Amber is lying?

I guess so; I don't know to be honest - the whole thing is immensely confusing. I don't want to assume he did it based on what I've read online alone, but dismissing a claim of DV without knowing more about it also feels wrong. No idea what to think - I don't think there is a way of thinking about this that isn't a bit uncomfortable.