Amber Heard

the latest:
Johnny Depp's assistant claims his text messages apologizing to Amber Heard for the actor's actions are FAKE and have been heavily doctored

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ages-FAKE-heavily-doctored.html#ixzz4ATdRU1b4

um yeah i could tell they were phony straight off the bat, duh!

real proud of that are ya?

Also, general tip...the DailyMail is full of shit. I'm not saying this article is a lie because I'm inclined to believe TMZ, but I wouldn't go about boasting your hunches when you link a poor source

Reactions: 4 users

Also, general tip...the DailyMail is full of shit. I'm not saying this article is a lie because I'm inclined to believe TMZ, but I wouldn't go about boasting your hunches when you link a poor source

eh you're right about the dailymail being an unreliable news source, I'm just going off my own feeling that something doesn't add up with her case. the bruises she showed on her face changed positions in each photo, she took down an instagram photo of herself smiling at a party the day after she supposedly got the bruises, etc. I think I'm allowed to share my opinion on this forum, no? there are people saying Johnny did it and supporting her, so why I can't I support him?

Reactions: 1 users

Sad to say it, but TMZ is probably a 10x better source than the DailyFail :lol:

eh you're right about the dailymail being an unreliable news source, I'm just going off my own feeling that something doesn't add up with her case. the bruises she showed on her face changed positions in each photo, she took down an instagram photo of herself smiling at a party the day after she supposedly got the bruises, etc. I think I'm allowed to share my opinion on this forum, no? there are people saying Johnny did it and supporting her, so why I can't I support him?

I just thought your boastfullness made your post lack tact. I'm all for sharing your opinion, but I think in matters like this, we should all take an extra step for sensitivity.

...or I could be being over sensitive. I think this whole speculation thing is wrong. On one hand, there are so many men who have been falsely accused of this (my brother and cousin are both included in this). The other, the inverse is true- many woman have not been believed because of the man's reputation. And before anyone says just stop reading, don't worry. I will. As for you 11thDimension, I didn't make you feel like your opinion was invalid because it's definitely not. I just thought it was a rather crass way to present it.

Reactions: 3 users
I had 2 very good friends date and the girl ended up lying about him hitting her and not only did it destroy his life, but now throughout our friends and community anyone who is a real victim of domestic abuse won't be believed automatically because everyone will think back to my former friend. I sincerely hope if Amber Heard is lying (i have no opinion on it yet) she realizes Johnny Depp and his bank account aren't the only victims in her scheme.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users
I just thought your boastfullness made your post lack tact. I'm all for sharing your opinion, but I think in matters like this, we should all take an extra step for sensitivity.

...or I could be being over sensitive. I think this whole speculation thing is wrong. On one hand, there are so many men who have been falsely accused of this (my brother and cousin are both included in this). The other, the inverse is true- many woman have not been believed because of the man's reputation. And before anyone says just stop reading, don't worry. I will. As for you 11thDimension, I didn't make you feel like your opinion was invalid because it's definitely not. I just thought it was a rather crass way to present it.

I see now. You are right. It is a sensitive matter. I could have commented in a more discreet manner.

the latest:
Johnny Depp's assistant claims his text messages apologizing to Amber Heard for the actor's actions are FAKE and have been heavily doctored

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ages-FAKE-heavily-doctored.html#ixzz4ATdRU1b4

um yeah i could tell they were phony straight off the bat, duh!

The messages have been authenticated by a computer forensic expert.

I couldn't find any mention of wether or not he was court-appointed or hired by Amber, and until I do I'll take it with a grain of salt, but obviously Johnnys assistant is going to deny they're real. His livelihood depends on it.

New photos released and it almost looks like she is smiling in one of them

sub-buzz-30765-1464811297-26.jpg
Why did she take the time to put a filter on the picture?

Why did she take the time to put a filter on the picture?
Why isn't she crying?
:slinkout:
Personal experience, one usually has puffy red eyes after a beating or (even just) a heated argument that threatened either a beating or divorce. Those red eyes last for a day or two. Not that it's important, she's only made 30K in the past 6 months.
giphy.gif

Reactions: 5 users
Why isn't she crying?
:slinkout:
Personal experience, one usually has puffy red eyes after a beating or (even just) a heated argument that threatened either a beating or divorce. Those red eyes last for a day or two. Not that it's important, she's only made 30K in the past 6 months.
giphy.gif
I'm so torn on this whole situation ugh

I'm so torn on this whole situation ugh
I know. It's disgusting either way 1) wife-beater, or 2) gold-digger trivializing domestic abuse and real women's issues.

As far as these crazy 50k/month alimonies go, unless you are doing something to earn those domestic reparations (like raising children and teaching them French poetry while breastfeeding, truly running a household (cleaning cooking, managing, et cetera) it only seems fair to adopt the Swedish format of divorce where it's 'no fault' and has little financial incentives, you just divide and leave. The American divorce laws were made in 60s when women really were fucked if they got divorced, since they dedicated their lives to running homes and children (no small feat) not marketable skills. the opportunity cost of homemaking is steep! Women have an incredible advantage in divorce courts, everyone knows this--they get just about everything.

If Johnny Depp had been beating her for 'a long time', and, keep in mind, they've only been married for one year, why didn't she just get her terrible marriage annulled at the first instance (or second . . . or third)? Why didn't she run away after the first instance? It's one thing to stay in an abusive situation if you have children or you're in poverty but she is . . . not.

I am not trying to victim-blame but this is so, so fishy.

If it turns out that she is just trying to blackmail him it would be so damaging to the women's rights and equality movement. Men would have firm ground to start their own liberation movement against women.

Reactions: 13 users
She has withdrawn her petition for spousal support.

Honestly, an abusive partner will often still be lovely and sweet the majority of the time, and there are plenty of people who stay way longer than they should because they believe the promises and the apologies and they really really believe that the partner will change.

I am still undecided about this whole thing, but I don't think her marrying him and staying for more than a year is in any way telling. Plenty of people in abusive relationships stay way longer than they should.

I've never cared much for Amber. She comes across as arrogant and bitchy. That doesn't mean she isn't telling the truth. She might be calculated and manipulative and horrific, or she might be the victim of domestic abuse. Either way I can't bring myself to vilify her without more information.

Reactions: 7 users
I don't know if it's true- I read that the policemen who were called during one of their fights on the grounds of domestic violence testified she had no visible marks to support that claim. And the following day she was photographed at a party, happy and relaxed.

Personally I don't think we can assume anything by her public image/social actions during the alleged abuse.

I've never been in an abusive relationship, but my best friend (of over 10 years) came out of an incredibly abusive partnership some time ago. He was a total psychopath, some of the things he did to her make me physically ill, but I honestly would not have been able to guess she was in that situation because her bubbly persona stuck with her until she couldn't handle it emotionally or mentally any longer. The only suspicious thing I ever picked up on was the wearing of unusually long/high-necked clothing, but most of her scars/bruises/etc were on parts of her body only he would see. I swear I would have never known if she hadn't told me, and it made me feel like an absolutely horrible friend.

She is somewhat an ambassador in our state for domestic violence awareness now, and from what she has told me it is so so common for those suffering in abusive relationships to keep up the happy facade - the abuse makes you feel worthless, dumb, and disgusting and you try your best to keep up the normalcy of your public life through fear of being judged and shamed. It's the same concept as mental illness - just because someone isn't publically suffering, doesn't mean they're not in a dark place in their private life.

I don't want to take either side because obviously someone is lying and we don't know who/probably won't know who it is because their careers are worth more than the truth. I feel like it will be constant sledging of one another, dissections of their personal choices, and inevitable damage to their careers. I really hope it opens up a discussion about domestic violence and especially the way the media treats the issue.

That being said, I've never liked either of them and I hope this whole drama is resolved and the liar is named because lying about something of this nature is gross and offensive.

Also I know this is an incredibly touchy subject so I hope I haven't offended anyone with my opinion. Apologies if so xx

I don't know if it's true- I read that the policemen who were called during one of their fights on the grounds of domestic violence testified she had no visible marks to support that claim. And the following day she was photographed at a party, happy and relaxed.

Hmm...read those accounts too but abuse doesn't always leave marks.

Hmm...read those accounts too but abuse doesn't always leave marks.
I may be wrong but this was a case of police being called for physical violence, so it is likely relevant in this specific scenario. I think they also couldn't find any evidence of a violent altercation eg. broken furniture or anything of the sort, despite that being the report? Just so much suspiciousness with both parties.

Reactions: 1 user
I am very into the subject because I am very into him (as in his public image). But I do agree that one or maybe both are lying. So much physical or/and psychological abuse can be found between two people splitting up... It's very sad, whoever is to blame.