Vlada Roslyakova

Where do you see the furry back?:wtf::wtf:

This one:
tumblr_m5luap632B1qzbok3o1_500.jpg

I have some lanugo too and my doc told me it is perfectly normal to have some hair on the back, it is mean to protect our bodies.

Lol that's normal, everyone has hair covering their body. ;) Lanugo is only present when you're a baby or when you're approaching emaciation, i.e. extreme starvation. It develops to keep you warm when your body fat and metabolism aren't enough alone to keep you warm anymore.

Vlada almost considered giving up modeling after her first show because she was so scared...at least that's what she said in this short interview. It's an old video, her english is much better now. :)

Aw! Can you even imagine this site without The Vlads?! :cry:

It's rather sweet that she's putting effort into learning English too, with her looks she could probably say "eff it" and still get by, only making everyone else's jobs a lot harder. She really does seem very professional and aware of her opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beside this, I have to admit that I have read on many forums that Vlada is anorexic:( and she can't be a healthy person at her weight:(

1-comments on various forums are not a diagnosis.
2-you have to be able to define 'healthy person' first. very few people will agree on a definition for this.
3-despite what our modern 'health and safety' culture tries to shove up everyone's throat, health is not the be all end all. actually, it is not the most important thing.
4-in fact, beauty and health sometimes do not go together.

Reactions: 1 user
I am sure you must know by now that you don't have to be anorexic to be skinny right? And do you know what anorexia is?
And just because Vlada's (or anyones) weight doesn't fit the scale of the so called healthy BMI, doesn't mean she's anorexic. I know you have to eat little to be as thin as Vlada (it's not a secret to SG members anymore how Vlada and other models eat), but that doesn't mean you have to develop anorexia to be skinny. Anorexia is a mental illness, and not every person who is skinny is anorexic. And yes, I think we all have agreed there is no 'healthy' way to become model skinny, but it is still different from anorexia. Anorexia nervosa is a LOT more than just being skinny.
By stating that Vlada is anorexic, you might as well say that almost every other model featured on this forum is anorexic, including some skinny forum members.
:highfive:

GIFSoup

A little gif of Vlada for those who want to re-live the moment over and over :luv:

Eep, she is adorable :luv:

I have some lanugo too and my doc told me it is perfectly normal to have some hair on the back, it is mean to protect our bodies.
Beside this, I have to admit that I have read on many forums that Vlada is anorexic:( and she can't be a healthy person at her weight:(

would jsut like to add, if vlada were anorexic, she would find modelling very hard. on your feet all day, up at 4am sometimes dont finish till after midnight, jump here, stand there, its actually quite a physical job sometimes. you need a good amount of stamina for that and anorexics wouldnt

would jsut like to add, if vlada were anorexic, she would find modelling very hard. on your feet all day, up at 4am sometimes dont finish till after midnight, jump here, stand there, its actually quite a physical job sometimes. you need a good amount of stamina for that and anorexics wouldnt

You won't imagine the amount of energy an anorexic could have:meh: One of my friends is a professional skater and she is definitely anorexic. She eats yoghurt, vitamins and oranges. And she skates 9 hours a day. And she is also really good.

Believe me, anorexics have a lot of energy!

You won't imagine the amount of energy an anorexic could have:meh: One of my friends is a professional skater and she is definitely anorexic. She eats yoghurt, vitamins and oranges. And she skates 9 hours a day. And she is also really good.

yeaaaaaaaaaah and believe me, because i was around 90lbs with anorexia when i was younger. its a deteriorating condition- you don't maintain weight, you are never satisfied. its very tiring and you feel quite weak and ill all the time. and now i model too i understand i could never have done it when i was that way. there is a difference between maintaining a low weight and having a life threatening mental illness.

WOW; people, CHILL OUT!!!

I don't think you understand what I wrote.

English is not my native language so be gentle!!

I didn't say NOT EVEN ONCE that she was anorexic, I said I READ on different forums and this is what OTHER PEOPLE say about her.

I can't pretend to know someone just by looking at a pic.

For Arabella; Yes, I know the difference between anorexic and skinny.

For Skinny2012: I am positive you will hive a trillion negative comments but I must say it: I have been also called anorexic and I am not.

I posted what I HAVE HEARD and READ. I didn't say "She is for sure anorexic!! geez:rolleyes:"

For Arabella: An anorexic can have a LOT of energy, I have posted in the previous message, b efore I noticed how many people are angry with me.

Once again, le't state clear: I DIDN'T SAY VLADA IS ANOREXIC, this is what OTHER PEOPLE SAY.

yeaaaaaaaaaah and believe me, because i was around 90lbs with anorexia when i was younger. its a deteriorating condition- you don't maintain weight, you are never satisfied. its very tiring and you feel quite weak and ill all the time. and now i model too i understand i could never have done it when i was that way. there is a difference between maintaining a low weight and having a life threatening mental illness.

My friend lives in the same way for almost 4 years, she weighs 34-36 kg at 159 cm.

So for 4 years she had the same weight.

Many anorexics mantain extremly low weights without a problem.

WOW; people, CHILL OUT!!!

I don't think you understand what I wrote.

English is not my native language so be gentle!!

I didn't say NOT EVEN ONCE that she was anorexic, I said I READ on different forums and this is what OTHER PEOPLE say about her.

I can't pretend to know someone just by looking at a pic.

For Arabella; Yes, I know the difference between anorexic and skinny.

For Arabella: An anorexic can have a LOT of energy, I have posted in the previous message, b efore I noticed how many people are angry with me.

Once again, le't state clear: I DIDN'T SAY VLADA IS ANOREXIC, this is what OTHER PEOPLE SAY.

My friend lives in the same way for almost 4 years, she weighs 34-36 kg at 159 cm.

So for 4 years she had the same weight.

Many anorexics mantain extremly low weights without a problem.

sorry if you felt that was a personal attack or whatever, but i would just like to explain why so many of us got upset by your comments.
firstly, THE WHOLE POINT of this forum is being skinny without having a mental illness- that's whats separates us from the thousands of 'pro ana' sites. a lot of the girls here get a lot of grief from other people for being so thin, and get called names like anorexic regularly, and to turn around and say something like that about vlada (whether or not you said she was but you implied she wasnt healthy) is completely what we are trying to get away from.

secondly, and personally for me, i really hate it when people who have had NO personal experience of an eating disorder point the finger at anyone who eats less than usual/is skinnier than usual. your friend may be anorexic- but unless a professional, medical practitioner has diagnosed her as such- then you shouldn't be throwing those labels around. mental illness has a HUGE public stigma which is hard to shake off- and when people who know very little about it claim others are this-that-and-the-next-thing it is hurtful (and quite irritating) to those of us who have actually been in that position.

im not saying vlada, your friend, or anyone on this forum (models and members) are totally healthy and pseudo-eating-disorder free, but we come here so we can talk about the skinny aesthetic without being branded as mentally ill. im sure thats why you joined too! so please, just dont act like you know it all about these things because for me, and other girls who HAVE been there, it is hurtful that people can be so presumptuous and judgemental....

Why do you repeat the bs other people say. :rolleyes:

I ttótaly agree with what you said. Believe, I have been there too.

I have always hated the "pro ana" terminology and mentality.

I believe that you should try to understand what I have said, because I didn't even for one second thaught she was anorexic. I just tried to show you that many people see her as anorexic, especially because EDs and fashion world mix up together in THEIR view.

Regarding your second point: I really don't fit into that category "no experience with ED" as you assumed.

And yes, my friend has been diagnosed by many doctors. She told me she "couldn't reach the same artistical performance if she was heavier".
You don't have to be that mad because I expressed what others thought and said about Vlada.

Please don't put any words in my mouth and do not forget English is not my native language.

Peace and love for all my girls! :luv::luv::luv:

sorry if you felt that was a personal attack or whatever, but i would just like to explain why so many of us got upset by your comments.
firstly, THE WHOLE POINT of this forum is being skinny without having a mental illness- that's whats separates us from the thousands of 'pro ana' sites. a lot of the girls here get a lot of grief from other people for being so thin, and get called names like anorexic regularly, and to turn around and say something like that about vlada (whether or not you said she was but you implied she wasnt healthy) is completely what we are trying to get away from.

secondly, and personally for me, i really hate it when people who have had NO personal experience of an eating disorder point the finger at anyone who eats less than usual/is skinnier than usual. your friend may be anorexic- but unless a professional, medical practitioner has diagnosed her as such- then you shouldn't be throwing those labels around. mental illness has a HUGE public stigma which is hard to shake off- and when people who know very little about it claim others are this-that-and-the-next-thing it is hurtful (and quite irritating) to those of us who have actually been in that position.

im not saying vlada, your friend, or anyone on this forum (models and members) are totally healthy and pseudo-eating-disorder free, but we come here so we can talk about the skinny aesthetic without being branded as mentally ill. im sure thats why you joined too! so please, just dont act like you know it all about these things because for me, and other girls who HAVE been there, it is hurtful that people can be so presumptuous and judgemental....

May I point of one thing, what is the difference between:

Someone who is anorexic & they don't eat much VS. Someone not anorexic but they eat the same amount as the person with anorexia.

= One has a mental illness, one doesn't. If they are eating the SAME amount of food, they will probably have the same amount of energy. Everyone is different. Assuming Vlada doesn't eat much which some of the people on this thread suggested.. she probably doesn't have tons of energy but forces her self to do her job.

PS: @Lola I'm not writing this directly to you, I'm pointing this out to everyone.. just quoted your statement :p

EDIT: @Lola Maybe you shouldn't of generalized anorexics with having tons of energy, just because your friend does.. everyone is different, but I understand the point you were getting to :)

xx

Another edit :rolleyes: It really depends how severe the anorexia is. Some have tons of energy, some have regular energy, some of little to no energy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to Vlada...
I just found this editorial (“Romance & Love”) for Numéro Tokyo #49 September 2011
Ph: Lina Scheynius
448.jpg
637.jpg

vlada_roslyakova_lina_scheynius_numero_06.png
vlada_roslyakova_lina_scheynius_numero_06.jpg

vlada_roslyakova_lina_scheynius_numero_1.png
vlada_roslyakova_lina_scheynius_numero_6.jpg

vlada_roslyakova_lina_scheynius_numero_7.jpg
vlada_roslyakova_lina_scheynius_numero_11.png

Why do you repeat the bs other people say. :rolleyes:

Because I tried to make the difference betwen me and them.:rolleyes:

:confused: