Vlada Roslyakova

090128082713517283067699.jpg
MODELS%2BSASHA%2BPIVOVAROVA%2BAND%2BVLADA%2BROSLYAKOVA%2BOUTSIDE%2BTHE%2BCHANEL%2BSHOW.jpg

vlada%2Bny.jpg
920d703b7b6c2776b78840f8edc95fdf.jpg
vlada-roslyakova.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
I love this photo, but is it just me or is her back kinda furry? :wtf:
Is it lanugo, or just unfortunate lighting that picks up every little hair?

Lol you're not the only one, I thought it looked kinda furry too. :grin:

I did a bit of research for your suggestion about lanugo, here's what I found:

- "When an anorexic loses too much weight and no longer has enough body fat to help heat herself, the body takes over and grows lanugo."

- "Lanugo will not grow on all anorexics, but it is usually found on anorexics who have suffered from severe weight loss and are approaching emaciation."

- "Lanugo often grows where no hair is normally present on females, including the chest, back, arms, neck and face."

source: http://www.eatingdisorderexpert.co.uk/lanugoandeatingdisorders.html

From what I read, it sounds like it only develops when a person is extremely underweight, and we can't really tell just by looking at her how underweight Vlada is. Let's just hope it's only bad lighting ;)

Vlada Roslyakova by David Vasiljevic for Elle UK September 2011
elleuk01.jpg
elleuk03.jpg

tumblr_lp636qFiKk1qdo6qeo1_500.jpg
2857.jpg

a945eb6229ba.jpg
a3d51ea7325b.jpg
13011765.jpg

Where do you see the furry back?:wtf::wtf:

I have some lanugo too and my doc told me it is perfectly normal to have some hair on the back, it is mean to protect our bodies.
Beside this, I have to admit that I have read on many forums that Vlada is anorexic:( and she can't be a healthy person at her weight:(

Lol you're not the only one, I thought it looked kinda furry too. :grin:

I did a bit of research for your suggestion about lanugo, here's what I found:

- "When an anorexic loses too much weight and no longer has enough body fat to help heat herself, the body takes over and grows lanugo."

- "Lanugo will not grow on all anorexics, but it is usually found on anorexics who have suffered from severe weight loss and are approaching emaciation."

- "Lanugo often grows where no hair is normally present on females, including the chest, back, arms, neck and face."

source: http://www.eatingdisorderexpert.co.uk/lanugoandeatingdisorders.html

From what I read, it sounds like it only develops when a person is extremely underweight, and we can't really tell just by looking at her how underweight Vlada is. Let's just hope it's only bad lighting ;)

Beside this, I have to admit that I have read on many forums that Vlada is anorexic:( and she can't be a healthy person at her weight:(

I am sure you must know by now that you don't have to be anorexic to be skinny right? And do you know what anorexia is?
And just because Vlada's (or anyones) weight doesn't fit the scale of the so called healthy BMI, doesn't mean she's anorexic. I know you have to eat little to be as thin as Vlada (it's not a secret to SG members anymore how Vlada and other models eat), but that doesn't mean you have to develop anorexia to be skinny. Anorexia is a mental illness, and not every person who is skinny is anorexic. And yes, I think we all have agreed there is no 'healthy' way to become model skinny, but it is still different from anorexia. Anorexia nervosa is a LOT more than just being skinny.
By stating that Vlada is anorexic, you might as well say that almost every other model featured on this forum is anorexic, including some skinny forum members.

Please don't post stuff like this unless you know it's true. Anorexia is a mental illness and i've been called anorexic myself just because i'm skinny. It's stupid and it hurts.

Reactions: 1 user
Vlada almost considered giving up modeling after her first show because she was so scared...at least that's what she said in this short interview. It's an old video, her english is much better now. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't post stuff like this unless you know it's true. Anorexia is a mental illness and i've been called anorexic myself just because i'm skinny. It's stupid and it hurts.

Agreed, accusing someone of being anorexic is very hurtful and may even harm a model's career. I raised my BMI from 15 to 16 because the anorexia comments eventually got to me, I would hate for another girl to not be able to achieve her full (healthy) skinny potential due to upsetting accusations of mental illnesses.

Reactions: 2 users
Catwalk Mix FW/SS 06/07/08/09/2010

Reactions: 2 users

such a good clip of vlada in this makeup just saying 'no'
ill try find it

haha here, rest of video is pretty boring but that 2 seconds kills me! :lol:

Reactions: 1 user