Kendall Jenner

So I started watching keeping up with the Kardashians a few days ago and I'm already on season 5, shame on me. I feel sorry for basically saying she doesn't deserve what she's getting. Apparently she wanted to be a model since forever, and when she was 14 she made her own "portfolio" and showed it to her mom, then she had a meeting with Wilhelmina and they loved her. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, I mean, if she really wants to model and she's lucky enough to have relevant connections, good for her (or bad, seeing her reputation). Anyway, she has super long limbs, and if she tried hard enough aka lost weight her face would look so much better and modelesque and her body would be amazing. She is so boring in pictures and doesn't seem to know how to pose or anything, but I think she can eventually become a decent model if she really wants it. Not my type though.

Reactions: 1 user
Apparently she wanted to be a model since forever, and when she was 14 she made her own "portfolio" and showed it to her mom, then she had a meeting with Wilhelmina and they loved her.

That's so cute tbh :lol: I admire her initiative.

So I started watching keeping up with the Kardashians a few days ago and I'm already on season 5, shame on me. I feel sorry for basically saying she doesn't deserve what she's getting. Apparently she wanted to be a model since forever, and when she was 14 she made her own "portfolio" and showed it to her mom, then she had a meeting with Wilhelmina and they loved her. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, I mean, if she really wants to model and she's lucky enough to have relevant connections, good for her (or bad, seeing her reputation). Anyway, she has super long limbs, and if she tried hard enough aka lost weight her face would look so much better and modelesque and her body would be amazing. She is so boring in pictures and doesn't seem to know how to pose or anything, but I think she can eventually become a decent model if she really wants it. Not my type though.
Ashamed to admit it, but lately I've been watching some random season (5? Not sure) to de-stress and not think, especially when I can't sleep. And this girl, sweet as she can be when she wants to, is a spoilt brat. I don't know which season I was watching, but it was something about going for a photo shoot with Kim to NY, where she was offered to do runway. Her sister hired a person to teach her how to walk, and Kendall acted like a brat, fell on the floor, fooled around, basically treated it as one big joke, to the point where it was just rude and embarrassing, and her sister had to apologise for her after she walked out. She also called her mother a "fucking whore" or something along those lines (if I ever dared to do half the things those girls do, I'd already be disowned).
Honestly, she's immature, rude, spoilt and ungrateful, and unless she seriously changed, I don't understand why people would work with her, she seems a nightmare.
On the other hand, considering the poor parenting those girls had, it's not that hard to understand why they behave that way.

Ashamed to admit it, but lately I've been watching some random season (5? Not sure) to de-stress and not think, especially when I can't sleep. And this girl, sweet as she can be when she wants to, is a spoilt brat. I don't know which season I was watching, but it was something about going for a photo shoot with Kim to NY, where she was offered to do runway. Her sister hired a person to teach her how to walk, and Kendall acted like a brat, fell on the floor, fooled around, basically treated it as one big joke, to the point where it was just rude and embarrassing, and her sister had to apologise for her after she walked out. She also called her mother a "fucking whore" or something along those lines (if I ever dared to do half the things those girls do, I'd already be disowned).
Honestly, she's immature, rude, spoilt and ungrateful, and unless she seriously changed, I don't understand why people would work with her, she seems a nightmare.
On the other hand, considering the poor parenting those girls had, it's not that hard to understand why they behave that way.

Seriously?! :facepalm: I need to watch that. Anyway, it is a tv show and I guess much of it must be scripted, although I doubt anyone would agree with Kendall doing that deliberately. Maybe she grew up since then, otherwise, her parents do have very good friends.

It
Seriously?! :facepalm: I need to watch that. Anyway, it is a tv show and I guess much of it must be scripted, although I doubt anyone would agree with Kendall doing that deliberately. Maybe she grew up since then, otherwise, her parents do have very good friends.
She's a model simply because she has a huge following. Whether we like it or not, people actually do look up to her and her family, follow her on social media,watch everything she does, etc. Sure, contacts were also undoubtedly important, but I feel like It's mostly about her popularity with young people- she's like the second Cara in a way, and if a designer puts her in their show, suddenly everyone keeps talking about them even more- most people (apart from those with an actual interest in fashion) couldn't care less about what dress Sasha or Anabela wore at the show, but if Kendall wore it, however badly, it's suddenly all over every news.

I'd love to know what her agency thinks; in a way, if she did lost the weight, normal people would be shocked, say she's anorexic, slam the industry and anyone who puts her in the show... In a way it's better for a designer to have a slightly chubby Kendall, because then everyone talks about his show and her look (good publicity), and not about how inhuman/cruel/ED-inspiring the industry is (bad publicity). Not to mention people like to see some "normality" and a little fat on the runway- e.g. Cara.

It

She's a model simply because she has a huge following. Whether we like it or not, people actually do look up to her and her family, follow her on social media,watch everything she does, etc. Sure, contacts were also undoubtedly important, but I feel like It's mostly about her popularity with young people- she's like the second Cara in a way, and if a designer puts her in their show, suddenly everyone keeps talking about them even more- most people (apart from those with an actual interest in fashion) couldn't care less about what dress Sasha or Anabela wore at the show, but if Kendall wore it, however badly, it's suddenly all over every news.

I'd love to know what her agency thinks; in a way, if she did lost the weight, normal people would be shocked, say she's anorexic, slam the industry and anyone who puts her in the show... In a way it's better for a designer to have a slightly chubby Kendall, because then everyone talks about his show and her look (good publicity), and not about how inhuman/cruel/ED-inspiring the industry is (bad publicity). Not to mention people like to see some "normality" and a little fat on the runway- e.g. Cara.

You're so right. I hadn't thought about the good publicity, now I'm also wondering if her agency wants her to lose weight at all.
In the end, I don't have anything against her, she's just more of a celebrity than a model (which is why she's in the celebrities forum :lol:). I remember in one episode the 3 Kardashians were doing a swimwear photoshoot and they were complaining and being all over the place because it was taking too long and they were tired. At one point, the designer told the photographer "I can't keep up with these girls, that's the difference between a working model who makes their living off working, and a whatever they are" :bow:
Edit: it was for Ashley Paige's bikini line.

She has a lot of respect in the industry from people that I think would surprise most of you. It certainly surprised me, but some of our most respected models on these forums sing her praises and think it's admirable that she's sticking to her guns and working hard despite the backlash. Particularly, one tiny Belgian blonde overheard backstage at PFW on numerous occasions.

She's going to be in the Karl Lagerfeld campaign.

First Estée Lauder and now Karl Lagerfeld – Kendall Jenner is on a campaign spree. Shortly after announcing her stint as the new face of the cosmetics giant, the Kardashian sister is in the studio with none other than the Chanel designer.

Jenner has just been tapped to appear in the SS15 campaign for Karl Lagerfeld's eponymous label. According to WWD, she was photographed by Lagerfeld himself at his Paris studio alongside other campaign stars Sasha Luss, Ming Xi and Baptiste Giabiconi.

Lagerfeld is proving to be one of Jenner's biggest fans in the fashion industry, casting her in both Fendi and Chanel shows. The younger Kardashian is also reportedly due to walk for Lagerfeld in December's Métiers d’Art show in Austria, having opted for the luxury presentation over the Victoria's Secret show, which is scheduled for the same day.

The 19-year-old model seems to be on a roll, although it seems hardly surprisingly given her recent record of success. Since she was revealed on Saturday as the Estée Lauder campaign star, the brand has gained a jaw-dropping 50,000 new followers on social media. Guess Instagram fame really does pay off, huh?

by Patrick Demarchelier for Vogue US December 2014
Yf6K0YQl.jpg
GcsfUKyl.jpg

8VC8ZeIl.jpg
R41qXGBl.jpg

sBt04Ljl.jpg
DJfUlvHl.jpg

09wqKqil.jpg
ybbCsL0l.jpg

7uRjWVcl.jpg
n83l5zpl.jpg

bdLx4Aul.jpg
dp73Nffl.jpg

Not to mention the backdrop is like a school picture day one, those ugly sheets. So terrible I can't stop looking at it, not her! Maybe there's some underlying reason with that backdrop use...

Not to mention the backdrop is like a school picture day one, those ugly sheets. So terrible I can't stop looking at it, not her! Maybe there's some underlying reason with that backdrop use...

I think it's interesting you focus so much on the effect of the background as opposed to the model. Just think if it was any other competent model we'd be "ohhh look at her amazing x, y, z, etc." and not wtf is wrong with the wallpaper! :lol:

I think it's interesting you focus so much on the effect of the background as opposed to the model. Just think if it was any other competent model we'd be "ohhh look at her amazing x, y, z, etc." and not wtf is wrong with the wallpaper! :lol:

Well exactly that's how you can tell I think, if the model shines through despite the terrible tackiness chosen, and although I can respect her at certain points, this shoot just doesn't override the challenge...

^^ just saw that, and these:

1098028-1.jpg

1098029.jpg

"As the social media generation’s unofficial face, Kendall has come to represent changes in the way modeling stars are made. From reality star, to social media upstart and finally top model, Kendall has blazed her own unique trail through the industry so a cover of fashion’s most inventive magazine seems only fitting. Shot by Toms and styled by Spencer, Jenner is in her element as both a futuristic pinup and a nouveau mod. A special 3rd cover features both images spliced together by artist, Doug Abraham."

And what exactly has she changed in fashion? My mirror selfie poses are more interesting than this girl's work.