Tips on submitting to an agency?

Discussion in 'Fashion Industry' started by Skinnybubbly, Oct 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. longlegz

longlegz Worker Bee
    Has been a bad girl

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. NewYorkSkinny

NewYorkSkinny SuperStar

It’s me again sorry :supershame:. I just have sooo many questions. How long are models usually in development? And do agents usually ship the girls out to castings for whatever show season is around the corner instantly after getting signed? Like if I got signed any day now and they felt like my body was ready and my walk was good too would they send me on my way for this season or would I need some development before that?

3. SugarFree

SugarFree VIP - Insider
    VIP

This honestly such a case by case thing.. but if you’re not already signed to an agency chances are slimmer than you are... but I’m working in a different market so @FashionThin would be able to give a more accurate answer.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. espressoenthusiast

espressoenthusiast VIP - Model
    VIP

FWIW my agency says girls are typically in development for ~10 months to one year, no less. Sometimes more than 14 months, but typically only if the girl is really young and/or still in school.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lioness007

Lioness007 Rising Star

Yes, I honestly think it depends on the girl and her situation. If she is doing it part time or full time. I have been signed with an agency since last September and after submitting my availabilit for countless jobs/castings, I FINALLY booked a show for Western Canada Fashion Week at the end of March. I mean I like to always be in a development/beginners mindset, and you are always learning something no matter how long you have been in the industry. I seriously have been keeping my head down for so long, just observing what to do and what not to do yet to still stand out in a unique way.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. _sl1mbaby_

_sl1mbaby_ Worker Bee

okk so on agency applications (particularly the message/describe yourself portion) what is it that agents truly care for in terms of getting to know the girl the best way possible in such short a space without being monotonous?

7. daintease

daintease Worker Bee

This summer’s nearly over so my question is mostly for future reference, but is it possible to sign with an international agency and just work through the summer months, traveling? I don’t know how difficult it is to balance college and modeling, especially when my particular university is in the middle of nowhere

8. FashionThin

FashionThin VIP - Insider & Moderator
    Staff Member VIP

Didn't summer start three weeks ago?

Sometimes but usually no.

Very very difficult.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. daintease

daintease Worker Bee

Thank you for taking the time :flower:
    And for clarification, I meant classes start in 3 weeks, not literal summer being over haha