Tips on submitting to an agency?

marieebo

Community Duchess
Sorry for bumping an old thread but this seemed on topic. I got a call back from a famous talent/model agency. They asked for Polaroid pictures in a black bikini/a Polaroid video. I legit have no idea how to take such stuff. What kind of light should be best? And how many shoots should I take? It’s been two weeks since I got that call back cause I have no idea how to take them, I tried taking some but self made shoot are just terrible and cheap and I really want to make it right. Should I ask my boyfriend or friend to take them? Or is it better to go to a photographer?

eliza88

Super Star
Sorry for bumping an old thread but this seemed on topic. I got a call back from a famous talent/model agency. They asked for Polaroid pictures in a black bikini/a Polaroid video. I legit have no idea how to take such stuff. What kind of light should be best? And how many shoots should I take? It’s been two weeks since I got that call back cause I have no idea how to take them, I tried taking some but self made shoot are just terrible and cheap and I really want to make it right. Should I ask my boyfriend or friend to take them? Or is it better to go to a photographer?

I want to say they just want to see roughly how you look before asking you to go into their office.
I think if you have a better iPhone, that would be fine. It’s to give them a rough idea, so the actual quality doesn’t need to be top notch.
The video would just be you in motion half body turning 360 degrees and then panning out to full body.
It’s basically a “model resume” before they decide if they want to see you.
Usually they will retake these digitals with their own better cameras in their office for you (ones they give to clients).

In terms of what they look like:
One head shot ( close up), half body left and right and then full body. Simple and don’t do extravagant posing.
Lighting I would say use common sense
You can google model digitals and a bunch of them will come up.

Reactions: 1 user

marieebo

Community Duchess
Okay I sended the Polaroid and got a reply really quick!! They want me to go to their office, what can I expect starting from now? And how should I get dressed? I will call them back in a few weeks as I have to book the plane and everything

Tinyportia

SkinnyGossip Royal
Okay I sended the Polaroid and got a reply really quick!! They want me to go to their office, what can I expect starting from now? And how should I get dressed? I will call them back in a few weeks as I have to book the plane and everything

I see from your profile and post history that you’re 5’4” and around 23 yrs old. Have you had a talk with this agency about the types of modelling they see you doing? At your age and height I’m sure you know that high fashion and decent commercial work is highly unlikely. Im not in the industry so not qualified to give you any advice so I’m tagging @FashionThin so that she sees this. I’m sure she can give you some great advice.

marieebo

Community Duchess
I see from your profile and post history that you’re 5’4” and around 23 yrs old. Have you had a talk with this agency about the types of modelling they see you doing? At your age and height I’m sure you know that high fashion and decent commercial work is highly unlikely. Im not in the industry so not qualified to give you any advice so I’m tagging @FashionThin so that she sees this. I’m sure she can give you some great advice.
It is a fashion and talent agency and they do have shorter girls, this why I applied in the first place. Of course I am not expecting a career in high fashion, I am pretty realistic about that, but i’ve been doing some beauty modeling here in my city and I’ve been acting (professionally, theater stuff) since I was really young and I also did some roles for singer’s videoclips. This is what I am expecting mostly, some commercial work and acting roles. I don’t want to be a model, like I don’t expect a serious career, just trying to get some money as I will start a really expensive Master degree and I will move out of my city

Reactions: 4 users

soymatcha

Worker Bee
I’m not a professional, but my two cents would be to reply ASAP, even if it’s just to inform them of your plans. Waiting a few weeks is incredibly rude.

Your message may just be ‘’thank you... I’ll let you know my plans’’ but that communication will go a long way for them wanting to work with you in the future.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

marieebo

Community Duchess
I’m not a professional, but my two cents would be to reply ASAP, even if it’s just to inform them of your plans. Waiting a few weeks is incredibly rude.

Your message may just be ‘’thank you... I’ll let you know my plans’’ but that communication will go a long way for them wanting to work with you in the future.
I did that already of course
I told them that i will be in Milan in June and they told me to keep in touch in the next weeks when I booked the plane

Tinyportia

SkinnyGossip Royal
It is a fashion and talent agency and they do have shorter girls, this why I applied in the first place. Of course I am not expecting a career in high fashion, I am pretty realistic about that, but i’ve been doing some beauty modeling here in my city and I’ve been acting (professionally, theater stuff) since I was really young and I also did some roles for singer’s videoclips. This is what I am expecting mostly, some commercial work and acting roles. I don’t want to be a model, like I don’t expect a serious career, just trying to get some money as I will start a really expensive Master degree and I will move out of my city

It would’ve been useful to provide this additional context in your original post.

marieebo

Community Duchess
It would’ve been useful to provide this additional context in your original post.
Sorry! I did say it was a fashion/talent agency, but of course w my stats it is obvious I could never do high fashion even if I wanted to
I am happy I have almost a full month to improve my body though!

Reactions: 2 users