• You can now apply for Skinny Gossip membership online. Click here to begin.
  • We are getting a lot more membership applications than we expected. Be patient while we work through the pile. DO NOT submit a second application!!

Ondria Hardin

Silent Night

Grand Dame
I thought this too...she's not totally blacked up...just tons of fake tanner...but enough to make it...well I don't feel terribly comfortable about this shoot.
I think once you've covered your model in brown colouring, styled her like Nefertiti and called her 'African Queen', the argument that it's just a tan starts to look tenuous at best. :meh:

Reactions: 1 users

Melancholia

Rookie

If they wanted a "African Queen," (and that's a rather hackneyed concept anyway) why couldn't they just get a Black model? Seriously.. But at least Ondria looks great aside from the horrible blackface.

lagamine

Rookie
I think once you've covered your model in brown colouring, styled her like Nefertiti and called her 'African Queen', the argument that it's just a tan starts to look tenuous at best. :meh:

If they wanted a "African Queen," (and that's a rather hackneyed concept anyway) why couldn't they just get a Black model?
This is what I thought. There is a fine line between provoking and offensive and this crossed it.

Super Star
The Coming Of The Wind Talkers
Ondria Hardin by Boo George
Styled by Havana Laffitte

pterodactyl

Super Star
I think her delicate eyelids & the proportion of them since here eyes are not to deep set are my favorite feature of hers. Sounds weird, but they are pretty and give a nice frame to her eyes. (At least while she is young & before they get too hooded)

Rhianna

Rising Star
She was my favourite at Versace, she looked so good at couture this week.

sabine

VIP - Insider
VIP
Am I the only one who doesn't really get her appeal? She's nice looking but I just don't gravitate towards her look.

Reactions: 1 user

Kit

Super Star
Am I the only one who doesn't really get her appeal? She's nice looking but I just don't gravitate towards her look.
:nod:

pretty, but replaceable in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 user