Natalia Dyer

I'm just wincing because of the number of people who have said this to/about me - not during the height of my b/p years, mind you, but after I stopped and lost the binge weight.

You're skinny. Haven't you had this experience enough times (and once or twice is enough) to be deterred from judging others' mental health from their physical forms?
Yes i had it a hundred times and heard people saying it about Vlada and other models but believe me this is different. Not only based on pictured but general attitude. Body language etc. But i say again.... this is my opinion and i am also not 100 percent sure. Okay lets say i tell that there is a possibility.

It's completely fine to provide your opinion. I can't speak for @FashionThin but what made me cringe was your wording: "She probably has an ED." If you had said something far, far more speculative, perhaps along the lines of: "I think she looks like she might have an ED.", it might have been easier to swallow.

[Though I will note: I think the human body is incredibly complicated and, in particular, each body is unique. Diagnosing a disorder -- ESPECIALLY A MENTAL ONE -- in an internet stranger is silly at best, dangerous at worst.]
Okay you are right. I am sorry.

Reactions: 1 users
This interview just came up recently with her and talks a lot about her eating habits (without including any of the anorexia accusations, though it's probably a bit related and should be taken with a grain of salt). I liked this response a lot:

"I generally eat healthy and feel great after a good sweat. But I think the most beautiful thing is being happy – it really shows when someone is genuinely happy – so I do try to practice everything in moderation and listen to what my body wants."

I really like her as an actress, I hope it's just another overreaction from the public.

natalia-dyer-instagram.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
This interview just came up recently with her and talks a lot about her eating habits (without including any of the anorexia accusations, though it's probably a bit related and should be taken with a grain of salt). I liked this response a lot:

"I generally eat healthy and feel great after a good sweat. But I think the most beautiful thing is being happy – it really shows when someone is genuinely happy – so I do try to practice everything in moderation and listen to what my body wants."

I really like her as an actress, I hope it's just another overreaction from the public.

natalia-dyer-instagram.jpg

Her ideal food day includes sushi/sashimi for lunch and dinner. Girl after my own heart. But I really agree about the happiness part, no beauty routine can out do deep unhappiness. Plus sweating regularly (sauna or exercise) helps make you glow too. I love her more after this interview.

Reactions: 1 user
I think she looks different in photos. When watching Stranger Things all I thought was how amazing and delicate she looked. But when I look at certain pictures, even stills from the show, I can see where people might get the idea that she is at at an unhealthy weight. Also it seems she has lost quite a bit of weight recently.

It's completely fine to provide your opinion. I can't speak for @FashionThin but what made me cringe was your wording: "She probably has an ED." If you had said something far, far more speculative, perhaps along the lines of: "I think she looks like she might have an ED.", it might have been easier to swallow.

[Though I will note: I think the human body is incredibly complicated and, in particular, each body is unique. Diagnosing a disorder -- ESPECIALLY A MENTAL ONE -- in an internet stranger is silly at best, dangerous at worst.]
I agree with you, because I know from personal experience that it's possible to lose weight as a result of various causes. I've lost weight (on different occasions) due to veganism, stress, and - at one point, many years ago - an ED. Unfortunately, due to the latter, people in my family tend to start raising their little red flags if I happen to lose weight, despite me being in a perfectly healthy state of mind (well, in regards to food anyways). And that really, really bothers me, so I tend to empathize with other people who get the "ANOREXIA" label slapped on them for being what might be considered "too thin."

I do think that she looks run down, so I just hope that she puts her health and well-being first, whatever it is that's going on. Honestly, who the heck knows what the reason is for her appearance; it's something that we'll never know the answer to, unless she chooses to address it. But it's really no one's business but hers and her family's anyways.

I started watching Stranger Things the other day and its SO so good! I love Natalie in it, she does look lovely and I think she's so so pretty.
To be honest, I can kind of understand though what some people are talking about when they say she looks too underweight. Not in terms of her body, because I really think you can hardly tell if someone's unhealthy from a skinny body, but in certain light her cheeks look really sunken in:
a7bc0002d031326c7c38866696de5fcc.jpg

Either way it's stupid of people to charge round the internet accusing her of having anorexia or bulimia or what-not, she's a great actress and I can't wait for season 2 already!

Edit: I didn't check myself but people are saying she followed ED-recovery accounts on instagram but unfollowed them, but obviously now we can't check if that's the case... :meh:

weight aside her face looks like shit in this tbh she looks unwell

I think maybe it was just those screen caps that made her look really sallow and unwell. I mean, seeing some candids of her she really doesn't look unhealthy to me! She's got a tonne of thick hair, and her skin seems pretty clear and even!

I think maybe it was just those screen caps that made her look really sallow and unwell. I mean, seeing some candids of her she really doesn't look unhealthy to me! She's got a tonne of thick hair, and her skin seems pretty clear and even!

Yes, I think she looks bad there because of bad lightning but she usually looks healthy and her hair shiny. This is a screenshot from a youtube video with the cast. The pic is terrible quality but I think it gets the point across well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-07 at 3.48.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-07 at 3.48.59 PM.png
    157.6 KB · Views: 206
weight aside her face looks like shit in this tbh she looks unwell
I have to agree on this, I thought she looked sickly facially while watching the series.. Her cheeks seemed very "sunken" in my opinion (the skin seemed to lack tissue somehow?!) - (not talking about her weight in general at all)- well, we'll never know and of course she could be perfectly healthy.

Hm, I found some recent pics, and as @Misstairs said, she does look way healthier in her ... what's the word? Promotion shots? The term is escaping me at the moment; my apologies. :notworthy: Anyhoo, from August 31st:

BUILD+Series+Presents+Millie+Bobby+Brown+Gaten+HeV5BEHf1yrx.jpg

BUILD+Series+Presents+Millie+Bobby+Brown+Gaten+ON9iowjmTUzx.jpg

She doesn't appear to be dying.

Oh that picture of the cast is so cute! :p
On another note, this thread is getting a ridiculous amount of views. Nearly 45,000 as I post this message - when you google Natalia Dyer our thread comes up on the first page.

Oh that picture of the cast is so cute! :p
On another note, this thread is getting a ridiculous amount of views. Nearly 45,000 as I post this message - when you google Natalia Dyer our thread comes up on the first page.
Poor girl, imagine her parents or anyone who knows her in person googling her and one of the first things that come out are accusations of her being sick and anorexic instead of her work as an actress. Yes, she is very thin isn't her whole self. She looks like a nice person, probably with a nice personality and she has a very pretty face; it's so sad that people are only focusing on her body.

Reactions: 3 users
Natalia is stunning! I'm so glad I found this thread :luv:
One thing that annoys me is when people throw the term 'anorexia' around all the time! Only 0.5%-3.7% of Americans suffer from anorexia at some point in their life time. It's not a huge amount of people so it's not like you can just point at someone thin and say they are anorexic and be correct because with the odds, she's not anorexic! Anorexia has a ton of requirements to get that diagnosis and only one of the qualifications is underweight. There are people who have the diagnosis anorexia but are not underweight because they fit all of the other criteria! Majority of america is overweight though so anything normal or even slim is considered 'anorexic' to them. :meh:

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
I was on a mini SG-hiatus, but then watched Natalia in Stranger Things and was inspired to return to the forums! Not surprised there's already a busy thread on her. And I think she looks amazing, but I've always been a fan of that slightly hollow-cheeks look anyway :luv:

Hm, I found some recent pics, and as @Misstairs said, she does look way healthier in her ... what's the word? Promotion shots? The term is escaping me at the moment; my apologies. :notworthy: Anyhoo, from August 31st:

BUILD+Series+Presents+Millie+Bobby+Brown+Gaten+HeV5BEHf1yrx.jpg

BUILD+Series+Presents+Millie+Bobby+Brown+Gaten+ON9iowjmTUzx.jpg

She doesn't appear to be dying.
No, she really looks healthier and way stronger. :)

Natalia is stunning! I'm so glad I found this thread :luv:
One thing that annoys me is when people throw the term 'anorexia' around all the time! Only 0.5%-3.7% of Americans suffer from anorexia at some point in their life time. It's not a huge amount of people so it's not like you can just point at someone thin and say they are anorexic and be correct because with the odds, she's not anorexic! Anorexia has a ton of requirements to get that diagnosis and only one of the qualifications is underweight. There are people who have the diagnosis anorexia but are not underweight because they fit all of the other criteria! Majority of america is overweight though so anything normal or even slim is considered 'anorexic' to them. :meh:
I am european and i am attending an actor/dancor uni amd here anorexia rate is like.... every third girl has been through some kind of eating disorder. I am really annoyed by people who doesn't take this illness seriously so maybe that is why i am so sensitive about this. I am sorry if i offended anyone in my previous posts.

I loooveeee stranger things! She is so pretty. Her jawline is to die for honestly!

I think that the colour setting or filter or whatever used in Stranger Things leeches the colour out of the scenes to give it a more 70s vibe, which may contribute to her skin looking a bit dull and other things people have said on here. Also she is definitely, definitely pear shaped - her upper body may verge on looking almost sickly but her legs aren't the same. Assuming an eating disorder isn't fair.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users