Mom Jeans and Cropped Flare jeans

Discussion in 'Clothes' started by Tinyportia, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Tinyportia

Tinyportia Grand Dame

There are two kinds of jeans I want in my wardrobe right now: Mom jeans and cropped flared jeans.

What do you girls think of these trends, yay or nay? I know they can be incredibly difficult to pull off, but when done right, I think they look great.

Some examples:
    Mom Jeans
    Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 7.13.20 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 7.13.12 PM.png

Cropped flare jeans:

Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 7.16.06 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 7.15.52 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 7.15.22 PM.png

Attached Files:

2. classichic

classichic SkinnyGossip Royal

I'm not a fan of the cropped jeans. As for the mom jeans I'm leaning towards a no, it's just incredibly difficult to pull it off. If you can pull them off then go for it :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ZeroDiet

ZeroDiet SkinnyGossip Royal

Even when pulled off well, you could look 10x more put together with black skinnies or fitted anything. Plus it takes a near ethereal level of skinniness (which 99.99% of the population lacks- most people just look messy). So I'm not a fan sorry.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  4. heylolyta

heylolyta Rookie

Not a fan either.. I do appreciate a pair of nice fitting high waitsted Jeans to show of my hipbones but other than that I don't think the flared or croped jeans are flattering.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fremdschämen

Fremdschämen SuperStar

They look bad on nearly everyone. Like @ZeroDiet said, you have to be incredibly skinny with a certain figure to really pull them off. Otherwise, you just look like you're wearing ill-fitting Walmart clothes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. FrançoiseEllyn

FrançoiseEllyn Grand Dame

Despise mom jeans, on everyone, even the skinniest of skinnies. I really like cropped jeans--especially on Alexa Chung.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ellie

Ellie Community Duchess

[​IMG]
    Not on me. But I'm a rando on the internet, don't let me tell you what to wear.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. espressoenthusiast

espressoenthusiast VIP - Model
    VIP

useless post

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lorelei

Lorelei Rising Star

I don't really think so. I am totally flummoxed by the popularity of these pants trends; I find them almost universally unflattering, and I personally don't see why skinny jeans ever need to go out of style.

That being said, I always want to try to understand things that I don't get, and I keep finding myself clicking on this thread to see what everyone else thinks. I am admittedly not the most knowledgeable or adventurous when it comes to fashion, especially on SG, so I guess I am interested in seeing if everyone here knows something I don't.

So far I've learned that the SG consensus seems to agree with me- those pants are hideous!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Silent Night

Silent Night SkinnyGossip Royal

They can never look good on the majority of figures, and even on the most elegant figure, they will look worse than basically any other jeans you could wear.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. habenula

habenula Rising Star

Unpopular opinion -- I love them. They look terrible on anyone with even the slightest amount of body fat, but if you can pull them off then go for it. Unfortunately, there are a lot of bigger girls out there wearing mom jeans.

• Like Like x 1
  12. habenula

habenula Rising Star

Just don't do this.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Ambi

Ambi Rookie

Hm.. I think they really give off a "cool" vibe, but as said before, it takes a certain person to pull them off. These are certainly on my wishlist :)

14. Sun Chaser

Sun Chaser Worker Bee

Not something I would wear but I find myself liking how those cropped jeans look on certain people (Tess Ward). I don't have a stylish bone in body so there is that to consider too...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Odette

Odette Rookie

I usually don't like that type of jeans but they work in these pictures. I actually would love to wear both of these outfits!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ally

Ally Community Duchess

I kinda like the idea of mom jeans, although I do not own a pair.
    The other day I saw a darling looking girl wearing them with a black blazer and she looked positively awesome but as mentioned by all above, it's not the case for most of the masses..

- - -

"High waisted pants and/or mom jeans"
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Pale Princess

Pale Princess Rising Star

I think they look good if you're skinny and have a cool sense of style..
    Yes ma'am
    [​IMG]
    Nah son
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Ginger_Red

Ginger_Red Rising Star

As a mom, I wake up every day on a mission NOT to be this, so....
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. vogueforbreakfast

vogueforbreakfast Grand Dame

I don't like mom jeans but I think the cropped flare jeans could look chic if styled properly:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  20. Tinyportia

Tinyportia Grand Dame

I know most people hate them but I love them! I bought a pair of mom jeans the other day and have no regrets! I can't bring myself to go "full mom" so I wear them with a coat or long blazer that just covers my bum, like this:

Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 6.52.29 PM.png

I think cropped flare jeans are harder to pull off so might stay away from those but for now, I am happy with my mom jeans. No doubt I'll probably regret the decision when I see photos of myself years from now, but whatever! :)

• Love Love x 1