Mom Jeans and Cropped Flare jeans

Tinyportia

Super Star
Reaction score
There are two kinds of jeans I want in my wardrobe right now: Mom jeans and cropped flared jeans.

What do you girls think of these trends, yay or nay? I know they can be incredibly difficult to pull off, but when done right, I think they look great.

Some examples:
Mom Jeans
Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 7.13.20 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 7.13.12 PM.png

Cropped flare jeans:

Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 7.16.06 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 7.15.52 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 7.15.22 PM.png

Attachments

classichic

Super Star
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the cropped jeans. As for the mom jeans I'm leaning towards a no, it's just incredibly difficult to pull it off. If you can pull them off then go for it :)

• Agree
Reactions: Starbuck

ZeroDiet

SkinnyGossip Royal
Reaction score
Even when pulled off well, you could look 10x more put together with black skinnies or fitted anything. Plus it takes a near ethereal level of skinniness (which 99.99% of the population lacks- most people just look messy). So I'm not a fan sorry.

heylolyta

Rookie
Reaction score
Not a fan either.. I do appreciate a pair of nice fitting high waitsted Jeans to show of my hipbones but other than that I don't think the flared or croped jeans are flattering.

• Agree
Reactions: Kit

Fremdschämen

Grand Dame
Reaction score
They look bad on nearly everyone. Like @ZeroDiet said, you have to be incredibly skinny with a certain figure to really pull them off. Otherwise, you just look like you're wearing ill-fitting Walmart clothes.

• Agree
Reactions: Kit and vie

Lorelei

Rising Star
Reaction score
useless post
I don't really think so. I am totally flummoxed by the popularity of these pants trends; I find them almost universally unflattering, and I personally don't see why skinny jeans ever need to go out of style.

That being said, I always want to try to understand things that I don't get, and I keep finding myself clicking on this thread to see what everyone else thinks. I am admittedly not the most knowledgeable or adventurous when it comes to fashion, especially on SG, so I guess I am interested in seeing if everyone here knows something I don't.

So far I've learned that the SG consensus seems to agree with me- those pants are hideous!

Silent Night

Grand Dame
Reaction score
They can never look good on the majority of figures, and even on the most elegant figure, they will look worse than basically any other jeans you could wear.

• Agree
Reactions: vie and heylolyta

habenula

Super Star
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion -- I love them. They look terrible on anyone with even the slightest amount of body fat, but if you can pull them off then go for it. Unfortunately, there are a lot of bigger girls out there wearing mom jeans.

Reactions: Tinyportia

Ambi

Rookie
Reaction score
Hm.. I think they really give off a "cool" vibe, but as said before, it takes a certain person to pull them off. These are certainly on my wishlist :)

Sun Chaser

Rookie
Reaction score
Not something I would wear but I find myself liking how those cropped jeans look on certain people (Tess Ward). I don't have a stylish bone in body so there is that to consider too...

• Agree
Reactions: dietcokediet

Ally

Rising Star
Reaction score
I kinda like the idea of mom jeans, although I do not own a pair.
The other day I saw a darling looking girl wearing them with a black blazer and she looked positively awesome but as mentioned by all above, it's not the case for most of the masses..

- - -

"High waisted pants and/or mom jeans"

Reactions: Lorelei and Serea

Tinyportia

Super Star
Reaction score
I know most people hate them but I love them! I bought a pair of mom jeans the other day and have no regrets! I can't bring myself to go "full mom" so I wear them with a coat or long blazer that just covers my bum, like this:

Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 6.52.29 PM.png

I think cropped flare jeans are harder to pull off so might stay away from those but for now, I am happy with my mom jeans. No doubt I'll probably regret the decision when I see photos of myself years from now, but whatever! :)

• Love
Reactions: lamb's breath