Mom Jeans and Cropped Flare jeans

Tinyportia

SkinnyGossip Royal
Aug 1, 2013
Australia
There are two kinds of jeans I want in my wardrobe right now: Mom jeans and cropped flared jeans.

What do you girls think of these trends, yay or nay? I know they can be incredibly difficult to pull off, but when done right, I think they look great.

Some examples:
Mom Jeans
Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 7.13.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 7.13.12 PM.png

Cropped flare jeans:

Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 7.16.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 7.15.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 7.15.22 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 7.13.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 7.13.48 PM.png
    419.6 KB · Views: 69
I'm not a fan of the cropped jeans. As for the mom jeans I'm leaning towards a no, it's just incredibly difficult to pull it off. If you can pull them off then go for it :)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Even when pulled off well, you could look 10x more put together with black skinnies or fitted anything. Plus it takes a near ethereal level of skinniness (which 99.99% of the population lacks- most people just look messy). So I'm not a fan sorry.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
Not a fan either.. I do appreciate a pair of nice fitting high waitsted Jeans to show of my hipbones but other than that I don't think the flared or croped jeans are flattering.

• Agree
They look bad on nearly everyone. Like @ZeroDiet said, you have to be incredibly skinny with a certain figure to really pull them off. Otherwise, you just look like you're wearing ill-fitting Walmart clothes.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
tumblr_m641p2JoAH1qbl202.gif

Not on me. But I'm a rando on the internet, don't let me tell you what to wear.

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users
useless post

I don't really think so. I am totally flummoxed by the popularity of these pants trends; I find them almost universally unflattering, and I personally don't see why skinny jeans ever need to go out of style.

That being said, I always want to try to understand things that I don't get, and I keep finding myself clicking on this thread to see what everyone else thinks. I am admittedly not the most knowledgeable or adventurous when it comes to fashion, especially on SG, so I guess I am interested in seeing if everyone here knows something I don't.

So far I've learned that the SG consensus seems to agree with me- those pants are hideous!

• Agree
They can never look good on the majority of figures, and even on the most elegant figure, they will look worse than basically any other jeans you could wear.

• Agree
Unpopular opinion -- I love them. They look terrible on anyone with even the slightest amount of body fat, but if you can pull them off then go for it. Unfortunately, there are a lot of bigger girls out there wearing mom jeans.

Hm.. I think they really give off a "cool" vibe, but as said before, it takes a certain person to pull them off. These are certainly on my wishlist :)

Not something I would wear but I find myself liking how those cropped jeans look on certain people (Tess Ward). I don't have a stylish bone in body so there is that to consider too...

• Agree
I usually don't like that type of jeans but they work in these pictures. I actually would love to wear both of these outfits!

mom-jeans-wedges-navy-military-jackets-via-whowhatwear.jpg

090613_Tommy_Ton_S2014RTW_slide_118.jpg

• Agree
I kinda like the idea of mom jeans, although I do not own a pair.
The other day I saw a darling looking girl wearing them with a black blazer and she looked positively awesome but as mentioned by all above, it's not the case for most of the masses..

- - -

"High waisted pants and/or mom jeans"
high-waisted-pants-mom-jeans.jpg

I think they look good if you're skinny and have a cool sense of style..
Yes ma'am
350ecc4c2878c684c048e3cfcb3e3cc8.jpg

Nah son
a1c393bedcb8fa5ce08b919f77e0ecee.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
I know most people hate them but I love them! I bought a pair of mom jeans the other day and have no regrets! I can't bring myself to go "full mom" so I wear them with a coat or long blazer that just covers my bum, like this:

Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 6.52.29 PM.png

I think cropped flare jeans are harder to pull off so might stay away from those but for now, I am happy with my mom jeans. No doubt I'll probably regret the decision when I see photos of myself years from now, but whatever! :)

• Love