Model Eat!

tumblr_n1owynlytR1r0ldx9o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n2xdyczTvU1rckuolo1_400.jpg

Have you ever noticed how (average and/or non skinny) people have some kind of obsession capturing pictures of skinny girls eating? This reminded me of my sister at a recent party trying to snap a pic of me eating a cup cake and laughing about it. I felt kind of like an animal at the zoo, oh look a skinny girl is eating!

Reactions: 1 user
I don't have pictures but I have stories. Is that for a different thread?
I've worked at fashion magazines, PR agencies and high end boutiques which had runway shows for VIPs.

Well? Don't leave us hanging

Ok. I didn't want to type them be told it was the wrong thread.

Australian magazine -
I worked with a French model for an editorial for a few hours over say 11-3/4pm.
She ate - around 8 almonds THEN a goat cheese salad THEN 2 x tim tams.
Her comp card claimed she had a 24 inch waist. Right. The stylist even gasped when she saw her. Barely any of the clothes fit her.
We only ended up using photos of her face and knees-feet in the final print.
I don't remember her name. I can find it though. She's not famous.

Backstage for Australian FW -
Australian brands want internationally successful models but to be internationally successful you need to be much slimmer than the typical Australian model standard. But then they get blasted for choosing models that are 'too thin' so they throw in some Australian sized models.
For one show they had some international models (Julia N, Ruby-Jean W etc) and some Australian ones. The international ones ate nothing but enjoyed the sparkling water and took some apples, bananas (and skinned fruit) for their bags while the Australian ones drank orange juice and ate rolls (not even sandwiches but these big rolls with barely any fillings) dried fruit mix and cashews. The international ones spent their time outside smoking or chatting rather than wasting time 'pretending' to eat or making excuses as to why they weren't eating.
They had a catering table exclusively for the models with lots of sparkling water, juices, rolls, packets of dried fruits and a bowl of fresh fruit.

When I have more time I will write more.
They were the first ones I thought to type.

Reactions: 2 users