Kendall Jenner

Totally. I too have grown up in an environment like this, and the things I have seen firsthand... A kid goes,
"You know what, I wanna be a model (or fashion designer/photographer/singer)!" Then the parents simply "arrange" it (fund it with their $$$) - they pay for their children to "work" for a fashion house, be photographed leaving a club with a celebrity (recently I know someone who did this with Justin Bieber), etc. Soon enough the kid thinks they're a successful model in their own right when really they aren't making any money, they're costing their family way more and their earnings are in the negative. It's more than just "connections" and pulling a few strings: parents actually pay a fortune for a fake career and for their kids to live a delusion.

100%. A bunch of kids from my high school are "famous DJs" simply because their parents bought them insanely expensive technology/equipment and bought them spots in high profile clubs/festivals.
Then of course there's a girl who's a "model" [very similar body to Hailee L :superpuke:] , an "artist," and "actress." She has hundreds of thousands of followers on social media and has the "verified" account thing even though SHE IS NO ONE.

These things are irritating but what upsets me more in the big-picture sense is how it truly is the rich getting richer. And it will continue with their kids and their kids' kids.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Totally. I too have grown up in an environment like this, and the things I have seen firsthand... A kid goes,
"You know what, I wanna be a model (or fashion designer/photographer/singer)!" Then the parents simply "arrange" it (fund it with their $$$) - they pay for their children to "work" for a fashion house, be photographed leaving a club with a celebrity (recently I know someone who did this with Justin Bieber), etc. Soon enough the kid thinks they're a successful model in their own right when really they aren't making any money, they're costing their family way more and their earnings are in the negative. It's more than just "connections" and pulling a few strings: parents actually pay a fortune for a fake career and for their kids to live a delusion.
Completely--I know one girl who's a 'model' signed to a very good agency because her parents are incredibly wealthy/influential. The most 'modeling' she does though is a mix of test shots, features in magazines about her parents or with other rich kids, and helping out friends her age who want her to model for their photography assignments. It really cheapens those professions when they can be bought and used as confidence-boosting facades

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Sep 3rd
zeR46cBi.jpg

Two awful groups of recent work
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/showpost.php?p=13702377&postcount=459
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/showpost.php?p=13702381&postcount=460

Vogue Japan photoshoot

Awful awful model..the same vacant expression in every picture

Maybe she followed in her sisters footsteps, and her face is so plastic she can't make more than one facial expression? :whistling:
she's also looking fatter, and still wearing the same goddam denim shorts outfit everywhere - at least it's easy to see when she gains.

Vogue Aus Oct 16. Wtf is this expression
Crn1SGcWEAA44kO.jpg:large

23122-1.jpg

23123-1.jpg
What kills me is that this had the potential to be a killer shoot, if they'd used another model.... maybe someone who can actually pose and provide facial expression beyond that horribly forced smile.
I love love love the colours used but her dumb looking face ruins it.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

23122-1.jpg

23123-1.jpg

she ruined a very good photoshoot with those stupid faces. she cant model.... period. doesnt matter if you have the body (she doesnt) you need to be able to be expressive and pose with your facial expressions and body movements.

leave it for the pros jenner.

is it worth making a fashion spot account to laugh at this or nah?

23122-1.jpg

23123-1.jpg

I see a lot of myself in these Kendall shots (and by a lot, I mean probably 1.5 of my actual body mass and then lots of photographical similarities). But I know I am unphotogenic and look like a potato on any sort of 2D surface. I literally don't think I've been an any sort of photograph that lasts for more than 10s in over a year

She could probably use Tyra's brand of modelling school to even get half of a real expression out

@Kit
You need an invite anyways, you can't just 'make an account'.

That being said, Wang is so pathetic. I don't understand why anybody is into him or his clothes or his attention-seeking squad.

@Kit
You need an invite anyways, you can't just 'make an account'.

That being said, Wang is so pathetic. I don't understand why anybody is into him or his clothes or his attention-seeking squad.
Wang ruined Balenciaga. I still remember the day he left, one of the best news of 2015.

• Agree