K-pop Singers

Bumping this thread because I swear Lisa has gained!! Less than 10lbs but she looks less delicate.

Jennie and Jisoo too, but they have both gone up and down. I honestly never would have expected it from Lisa, she seems so driven and together.

95AF5D2C-A24D-41E9-B36C-948B2D877119.jpeg

Hopefully it’s just COVID gain, and she’ll drop it once they start performing more.

I noticed we haven't mentioned sunmi yet in this thread!

Missing how she used to look.. She was at her skinniest during Gashina promotions. She's around 5'5 and dropped to 43kg (94 pounds) from her usual 48kg (105 pounds). Don't know how much she currently weighs but she definitely gained. I used to think she'd be one of those that would never let outside opinions influence her weight.

You can notice how tiny/delicate she was in comparison to her back-up dancers.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Bumping this thread because I swear Lisa has gained!! Less than 10lbs but she looks less delicate.

Jennie and Jisoo too, but they have both gone up and down. I honestly never would have expected it from Lisa, she seems so driven and together.

View attachment 98779

Hopefully it’s just COVID gain, and she’ll drop it once they start performing more.

I don't follow K-Pop much these days but I know that Lisa talked about her starting strength training, gaining some muscle and loving it. She was skinny shamed pretty badly in one variety show a few years back when she was at her lowest weight and undoubtedly she was looking miserable and quite worn out so maybe the weight gain was for the best if it means she got healthier.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
To be honest I never really liked any of the bodies of these Blackpink singers, even when they were at lower weights. I don't follow their music at all, but they all looked to me to be on the round side. :rolleyes: I suppose more muscle fits the fact that they dance a lot, though.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users
As anyone seen Run On? Sooyoung plays a bitchy but adorable CEO in her new(ish) drama - she and Kang Tae-Oh (rightmost person in photos) look better proportionally compared to the main characters...

DEDF479C-B358-45B7-B0AD-4F7DE42628EE.jpeg

02DB0B9D-074D-4E28-B3E1-7E50010C5BFC.jpeg

C7519D43-DE6A-497E-9611-3807C2FE5B2B.jpeg

BEBD00F3-0AB1-4B95-902A-A8ABF3BB9BEB.jpeg

E735EDAE-64CD-4378-9C33-6D49D443FBD2.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
As anyone seen Run On? Sooyoung plays a bitchy but adorable CEO in her new(ish) drama - she and Kang Tae-Oh (rightmost person in photos) look better proportionally compared to the main characters...

View attachment 98884
View attachment 98885
View attachment 98886
View attachment 98887
View attachment 98888
Sooyoung is and always will be my bias, she's just so frigging cute. Have you seen her in Dating Agency Cyrano?
Missing how she used to look.. She was at her skinniest during Gashina promotions. She's around 5'5 and dropped to 43kg (94 pounds) from her usual 48kg (105 pounds). Don't know how much she currently weighs but she definitely gained. I used to think she'd be one of those that would never let outside opinions influence her weight.

You can notice how tiny/delicate she was in comparison to her back-up dancers.

Let's hope she gets back to pre-covid weight sooner rather than later cause she was BANGING.

• Love
Fangirling over Rose from Blackpink and her new solo :luv:

Okay, I had no idea this was Rosé! I've heard this on the radio in the US, I'm so glad Kpop stars are getting to be more mainstream over here. She's so talented, she really deserves the recognition.

• Agree
Okay, I had no idea this was Rosé! I've heard this on the radio in the US, I'm so glad Kpop stars are getting to be more mainstream over here. She's so talented, she really deserves the recognition.

This is one of those songs that grow on you (well, on ME at least)

I first listened to it through Rose since I follow her on Instagram and I thought "cute but meh".

Then I watched it a few more times since there were lots of videos released (official MV, Dance version, lives etc) and ended up falling in love with it pretty quickly 💕

This is one of those songs that grow on you (well, on ME at least)

I first listened to it through Rose since I follow her on Instagram and I thought "cute but meh".

Then I watched it a few more times since there were lots of videos released (official MV, Dance version, lives etc) and ended up falling in love with it pretty quickly 💕
Maybe I’m shallow in this regard, but she’s cute and thin so I’m predisposed to like her music 😅 I don’t think I’d enjoy her stuff as much as I do if she were chubby.

• Agree
@Natalie I can totally understand where you're coming from, which is basically proof of thin privilege 😅

On a slightly different note; have any of you seen Lisa's dance videos?

This one is the latest and it's INSANE how talented this girl is.
Blackpink's choreographies don't do her justice

• Love
@Natalie I can totally understand where you're coming from, which is basically proof of thin privilege 😅

On a slightly different note; have any of you seen Lisa's dance videos?

This one is the latest and it's INSANE how talented this girl is.
Blackpink's choreographies don't do her justice

Yeah, I posted Lili's #3 a few up (which... I like much better than this one 😅) She looks great here but I don't really like the video as a whole.

Reactions: 1 users
So far #4 is my favorite, but I can't get over THE MOVIE for some reason
You know, I think it’s just the hip hop elements I dislike. I much prefer modern or lyrical (because I’m an old fogey at heart). There’s certainly no denying her talent, but I am an absolute slut for shit like this. Why don’t more female kpop artists do this sort of thing? 😪

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I heard Sunmi say in an interview with Jessi that she wants to loose weight again as her fans prefer a skinner figure. I think she's beautiful, but I also preferred her skinnier figure 😍

Her song siren is one of my favorites, she looked kind of magical and I think her elegance really suited the theme of the song.

541a6f283e87d2dc29283a3ab4590825.jpg
20210613_171933.jpg
DmWyPVeXgAIoB1a.jpg
original.jpg

I thought she looked cute in this oversized jumper.
20210613_172826.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 8 users