Joan Smalls?

classichic

Super Star
She's from Puerto Rico and was a VS model last year. She's been featured in both Vogue.com and vogue.co.uk recently as a rising model so it does make me think there must be something special about her. To be honest I'm not a huge fan of her but I do think she looks incredibly beautiful in some of her pictures especially when her bone structure is a lot more prominent, I really like that :)

Her model stats according to IMG Models, height: 5'10.5
32.5 B" 24" 34"

Here you can read more about her modelling accomplishments
http://nymag.com/fashion/models/jsmalls/joansmalls/

Pictures

I actually like her in this VS picture, she looks like superwoman here

Reactions: 1 users
O

Olivia

@classichic I have seen her alot recently too. But I second what you say she doesn't seem that special. Although some of her photos are stunning I like the black and white David Yurman one :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
A

AK91

She's been around a lot lately, I agree.
I didn't think she was that special before, maybe I'm warming up to her now.
In the Estee Lauder ad, she gives me a really strong 90s supermodel vibe.

Wohoa those legs

Reactions: 1 users
S

Skinny2012

Stunning face and her legs are incredible :luv:

Super Star
She's ok I guess. I don't she deserves all this work though. Her face is somewhat haggard/old looking (especially on runway), she's not very talented as a model (rarely does anything for me in editorials), and she has a mediocre walk. She looks beautiful with lots of photoshop and in some of her ad campaigns, but that's pretty much it.

Super Star
omfg, that first photo is terrible. She needs to work on her posing :superpuke: I prefer Arizona's ads from last season tbh.

T

Tora

I find her stunning in the more severe/avant garde looks but kindof boring in the "prettier" images.

Super Star
was too busy puking over Joan's terrible posing to notice this earlier, but WTF @ Karl putting gray clothes in front of a gray-ish background. He needs to stop with his crap photography and get someone talented :rolleyes I can't @ the terrible Chanel campaign this season either.

Super Star
This is the full Fendi F/W 2012 campaign (part 1).

Super Star
Fendi F/W 2012 Campaign (part 2)

The campaign isn't as bad as I thought it would be based off of the first released photo. However, Joan's posing is stiff and a bit rough, and overall it feels somewhat amateur. That said, Joan does look beautiful (and old :disgusted:) and the ad does fulfill its purpose of selling the clothes/accessories, so I guess it's not too bad.

Super Star
She also got the W Korea August 2012 cover

I hate the cover, but I love the fact that she got the cover for an Asian country since Asian countries are less inclined to give the cover to black models.