Joan Smalls?

classichic

Super Star
Jan 27, 2012
Somewhere
She's from Puerto Rico and was a VS model last year. She's been featured in both Vogue.com and vogue.co.uk recently as a rising model so it does make me think there must be something special about her. To be honest I'm not a huge fan of her but I do think she looks incredibly beautiful in some of her pictures especially when her bone structure is a lot more prominent, I really like that :)

Her model stats according to IMG Models, height: 5'10.5
32.5 B" 24" 34"

Here you can read more about her modelling accomplishments
http://nymag.com/fashion/models/jsmalls/joansmalls/

Pictures
Joan-Smalls.jpg

I actually like her in this VS picture, she looks like superwoman here
joan-smalls-fashion-show-02.jpg

estc3a9e-lauder-idealist-joan-smalls-by-craig-mcdean.png

David-Yurman-joan-smalls-4-570x387.jpg

tumblr_l0nc78zLHg1qa3p6ro1_500.jpg

000000307454-joan_smalls-fit.jpg

tumblr_lfdx0vNxTE1qasnrqo1_500.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
@classichic I have seen her alot recently too. But I second what you say she doesn't seem that special. Although some of her photos are stunning I like the black and white David Yurman one :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
She's been around a lot lately, I agree.
I didn't think she was that special before, maybe I'm warming up to her now.
In the Estee Lauder ad, she gives me a really strong 90s supermodel vibe.
Joan-Smalls-German-Vogue.jpg

joan_smalls.jpg
img-491.jpg

Wohoa those legs
louis%2Bvuitton.jpg

joan-smalls-paris-vogue-201.jpg
Joan-Smalls-Danna-Karan-Vogue-Paris-February-2011-by-Mario-Sorrenti.jpg

tumblr_l19qvt1REW1qzxf34o1_500.jpg
joan-smalls-chanel-spring-2012-rtw.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Stunning face and her legs are incredible :luv:

tumblr_lslv570KwD1qedskc.jpg

tumblr_lrwwftxt1G1qc8cbxo1_400.jpg

joan_smalls_backstage_jaBFRwi.sized.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

Bilder-8987-Joan-Smalls-IMG-NY-0.jpg

joan-smalls-vogue-australia-04.jpg

She's ok I guess. I don't she deserves all this work though. Her face is somewhat haggard/old looking (especially on runway), she's not very talented as a model (rarely does anything for me in editorials), and she has a mediocre walk. She looks beautiful with lots of photoshop and in some of her ad campaigns, but that's pretty much it.

omfg, that first photo is terrible. She needs to work on her posing :superpuke: I prefer Arizona's ads from last season tbh.

I find her stunning in the more severe/avant garde looks but kindof boring in the "prettier" images.

was too busy puking over Joan's terrible posing to notice this earlier, but WTF @ Karl putting gray clothes in front of a gray-ish background. He needs to stop with his crap photography and get someone talented :rolleyes I can't @ the terrible Chanel campaign this season either.

Fendi F/W 2012 Campaign (part 2)
4d055ae0_7125_4141_ad86_bc8bf62e9256.jpg

2e96ef52_488b_441c_9cc4_e8eb3783780a.jpg

2d405dae_ad2a_4ad0_bb10_1f75ef80c815.jpg

The campaign isn't as bad as I thought it would be based off of the first released photo. However, Joan's posing is stiff and a bit rough, and overall it feels somewhat amateur. That said, Joan does look beautiful (and old :disgusted:) and the ad does fulfill its purpose of selling the clothes/accessories, so I guess it's not too bad.

She also got the W Korea August 2012 cover

56093045056016830816918.jpg

I hate the cover, but I love the fact that she got the cover for an Asian country since Asian countries are less inclined to give the cover to black models.