IMG now casting regardless of size, shape, and age.

Discussion in 'Fashion Industry' started by Butternut, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Butternut

Butternut Grand Dame

Interesting article here

They're putting their "all size" models on the same board as their fashion models too...

What do you think?

2. Lolita

Lolita Banned
    Banned

Nooooo!
    Do you think it will actually take off?

To be honest, the designers will always want silhouette that drape the clothes better, so they're not gonna hire (or a very limited amount of) 'plus-size' and all that ****.
    No demand=no supply, so hopefully the modelling industry stays as it is :)

By all means, the idea behind it is very noble, but I personally think that what makes models so special are their unique, breathless features, and their tall, long silhouette. Where are we going if we start putting pudgy women on the runway? Fashion is supposed to be aspirational, goddamit. ><

3. Butternut

Butternut Grand Dame

I'm just pissed off cause it took me so much work to get to "model-measurements" And if this takes off... :rolleyes:
    Plus it would probably make the "skinny people are anorexic" situation worse.

4. Lolita

Lolita Banned
    Banned

Yes, but you didn't lose all the weight just to get model measurements... Look on the bright side, tt's now gonna make you stand out even more!

That's true for the second point... Hopefully none of it is actually gonna work (and here i'm talking about the weight aspect, not the race aspect)

5. sabine

sabine VIP - Insider
    VIP

Eh, whatever, it won't make a difference, it's just a bit of a hype thing to get some good publicity but in reality, short girls like Charlotte Free, big girls like Kate Upton and old girls like Kirsty Hume, not to mention models of a vast array of races, are already on their main board so they're essentially already doing what they said they're about to start.

It's not like suddenly a bunch of 5'1" fatties are going to make their way onto the IMG boards, they're just appealing to the media to look good in the public eye and take a bit of heat off the whole industry until people catch up and realise it ain't gunna make a grain of change.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Xsmall

Xsmall Super Star

They are probably just doing it for publicity. We all know skinnies get booked more. Kind of like NEXT... they have models and then they have Hailee Lautenbach...:nopity:

• Like Like x 2
  7. jbeyes

jbeyes Rookie

hey someone should let (original) @Jasmine know of this, suddenly there is hope!

Sorrynotsorry , I'm on bitch-mode, having a really bad day (not food wise though :) )

#7 jbeyes, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  8. No One

No One Anonymous VIPs
    VIP

:lol::highfive:

9. Babydoll

Babydoll Guest

I bet that at the end they will cast one or two 5"6 size 8 girls, one or two older models, etc, etc. And more than 95% of their models will still be tall, skinny girls. :lol::rolleyes:

I do think that IMG should sign more non-white models though, it's a lot more important than height/size/age diversity. I haven't seen their boards lately but they don't seem to have a lot of ethnic diversity?

• Like Like x 1
  10. vanilla

vanilla Rookie

they're just giving themselves trouble - it's going to take forever to sift through the fatties and find the real deal. but, either way, it's a publicity thing and it's not really going to make a difference :rolleyes:

11. ssmini

ssmini Rising Star

Hhahahahahhaha you made me laugh so hard, i don't like her at all, idk who she thought she was when she was still a member , i quoted her a couple of times and she never answered, like buddy who do you think you are?? Not like she had vladas legs ..,,,,

12. Keira

Keira Rising Star

Oh cool, at 5'4" and age 21(nearly 22) I might give it a go. :lol:

Seriously though, I don't think anything will change. The usual publicity tricks.
    I do agree that it'd be good to see more black and asian models around though.
    But PLEASE no fatties, I'm begging. :meh: