IMG now casting regardless of size, shape, and age.

Interesting article here

They're putting their "all size" models on the same board as their fashion models too...

What do you think?

Nooooo!
Do you think it will actually take off?

To be honest, the designers will always want silhouette that drape the clothes better, so they're not gonna hire (or a very limited amount of) 'plus-size' and all that ****.
No demand=no supply, so hopefully the modelling industry stays as it is :)

By all means, the idea behind it is very noble, but I personally think that what makes models so special are their unique, breathless features, and their tall, long silhouette. Where are we going if we start putting pudgy women on the runway? Fashion is supposed to be aspirational, goddamit. ><

Nooooo!
Do you think it will actually take off?

To be honest, the designers will always want silhouette that drape the clothes better, so they're not gonna hire (or a very limited amount of) 'plus-size' and all that ****.
No demand=no supply, so hopefully the modelling industry stays as it is :)

By all means, the idea behind it is very noble, but I personally think that what makes models so special are their unique, breathless features, and their tall, long silhouette. Where are we going if we start putting pudgy women on the runway? Fashion is supposed to be aspirational, goddamit. ><

I'm just pissed off cause it took me so much work to get to "model-measurements" And if this takes off... :rolleyes:
Plus it would probably make the "skinny people are anorexic" situation worse.

I'm just pissed off cause it took me so much work to get to "model-measurements" And if this takes off... :rolleyes:

Yes, but you didn't lose all the weight just to get model measurements... Look on the bright side, tt's now gonna make you stand out even more!

That's true for the second point... Hopefully none of it is actually gonna work (and here i'm talking about the weight aspect, not the race aspect)

Eh, whatever, it won't make a difference, it's just a bit of a hype thing to get some good publicity but in reality, short girls like Charlotte Free, big girls like Kate Upton and old girls like Kirsty Hume, not to mention models of a vast array of races, are already on their main board so they're essentially already doing what they said they're about to start.

It's not like suddenly a bunch of 5'1" fatties are going to make their way onto the IMG boards, they're just appealing to the media to look good in the public eye and take a bit of heat off the whole industry until people catch up and realise it ain't gunna make a grain of change.

Reactions: 1 user

They are probably just doing it for publicity. We all know skinnies get booked more. Kind of like NEXT... they have models and then they have Hailee Lautenbach...:nopity:

Reactions: 1 users
hey someone should let (original) @Jasmine know of this, suddenly there is hope!

Sorrynotsorry , I'm on bitch-mode, having a really bad day (not food wise though :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet that at the end they will cast one or two 5"6 size 8 girls, one or two older models, etc, etc. And more than 95% of their models will still be tall, skinny girls. :lol::rolleyes:

I do think that IMG should sign more non-white models though, it's a lot more important than height/size/age diversity. I haven't seen their boards lately but they don't seem to have a lot of ethnic diversity?

they're just giving themselves trouble - it's going to take forever to sift through the fatties and find the real deal. but, either way, it's a publicity thing and it's not really going to make a difference :rolleyes:

. Kind of like NEXT... they have models and then they have Hailee Lautenbach...:nopity:

Hhahahahahhaha you made me laugh so hard, i don't like her at all, idk who she thought she was when she was still a member , i quoted her a couple of times and she never answered, like buddy who do you think you are?? Not like she had vladas legs ..,,,,

Oh cool, at 5'4" and age 21(nearly 22) I might give it a go. :lol:

Seriously though, I don't think anything will change. The usual publicity tricks.
I do agree that it'd be good to see more black and asian models around though.
But PLEASE no fatties, I'm begging. :meh:

Capture d’écran 2020-12-05 à 13.48.12.png

Capture d’écran 2020-12-05 à 13.48.53.png

Capture d’écran 2020-12-05 à 13.49.08.png

What do you skinnies think of this? Is this for real or just for some good image?

• Eye Roll
  • Gross
Reactions: 5 users

"Clothes should fit people, not the other way around. Period." Okay, cool, how are designers supposed to fit clothes to people without their measurements? Or should every shoot keep couture in every size from 0 to 32 on hand?

Most of the stats seemed like lies lately anyway, so it might be better to see nothing next to Taylor Hill's name than 23 inch waist and 34 inch hips.

• Agree
Reactions: 10 users
They also haven’t updated Taylor’s stats since, like, 2014.
I think you mean to say they were never accurate in the first place. Her having had a 56cm waist at some stage seems about as accurate as saying that IMG's standards are at their prime.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I think you mean to say they were never accurate in the first place. Her having had a 56cm waist at some stage seems about as accurate as saying that IMG's standards are at their prime.
I'm also having a hard time believing she ever had a 56cm waist. The skinniest phase of her career was back in 2014 and she her body was incredibly average

c78f02e8bf0c06617c54f6c33da98e98.jpg
Victoria+Secret+Runway+Show+Swarovski+Crystal+uV9V42kM7Qox.jpg

• Agree
I'm also having a hard time believing she ever had a 56cm waist. The skinniest phase of her career was back in 2014 and she her body was incredibly average

View attachment 96681View attachment 96682

Mmm not necessarily, she was quite small around 2012, which is when I imagine they last took her measurements... they always measure around the smallest part of the waist and she has a bit of a dip which is where I can see how they got that measurement:

post-11622-0-1445993311-36354.jpg

post-17334-0-16241100-1337628583.jpg

But then again, discussing Taylor's weight is beating a dead horse, so I leave you with this, because if I had to be traumatized by it, so do all you you:

post-11622-0-1445993635-53352.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: 4 users