Elle Ribera

Hey everyone! I’ve been getting some messages lately asking why I haven’t made an outfit post in a while. Last week, I came across a really awful page about myself and my weight here. A lot of really mean things were said about me, but what worries me the most are the people who are setting unrealistic, dangerous, and very unhealthy goals for themselves. At the time, I thought it would be best for everyone if I stopped posting photos of my outfits, so people would stop using them for such terrible purposes. There were a few days where I was really depressed over all of this. I’ve since realized that I can’t control what people use my photos for, and that since I still enjoy sharing my personal style posts with you guys, that it would be silly to let this stop me. I’m happy with who I am, so I shouldn’t let something like that make me feel any differently.
(Source: opiumpoppies)

opiumpoppies said:
Hey everyone! I’ve been getting some messages lately asking why I haven’t made an outfit post in a while. Last week, I came across a really awful page about myself and my weight here. A lot of really mean things were said about me, but what worries me the most are the people who are setting unrealistic, dangerous, and very unhealthy goals for themselves. At the time, I thought it would be best for everyone if I stopped posting photos of my outfits, so people would stop using them for such terrible purposes. There were a few days where I was really depressed over all of this. I’ve since realized that I can’t control what people use my photos for, and that since I still enjoy sharing my personal style posts with you guys, that it would be silly to let this stop me. I’m happy with who I am, so I shouldn’t let something like that make me feel any differently.

:nopity:

Reactions: 1 user
"Hey everyone! I’ve been getting some messages lately asking why I haven’t made an outfit post in a while. Last week, I came across a really awful page about myself and my weight here. A lot of really mean things were said about me, but what worries me the most are the people who are setting unrealistic, dangerous, and very unhealthy goals for themselves. At the time, I thought it would be best for everyone if I stopped posting photos of my outfits, so people would stop using them for such terrible purposes. There were a few days where I was really depressed over all of this. I’ve since realized that I can’t control what people use my photos for, and that since I still enjoy sharing my personal style posts with you guys, that it would be silly to let this stop me. I’m happy with who I am, so I shouldn’t let something like that make me feel any differently."
(Source: opiumpoppies)

She is only talking about an "awful site", i'm not sure whether she is even talking about skinnygossip.com and this thread. :confused: As far as i know lots of her pics ended up on thinspo blogs and even pro ana pages.

She is only talking about an "awful site", i'm not sure whether she is even talking about skinnygossip.com and this thread. :confused: As far as i know lots of her pics ended up on thinspo blogs and even pro ana pages.

Thats definitely possible. But I am assuming this is the post @ForeverDirtx was referring to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just looked for her tumblr & found the post
http://opiumpoppies.tumblr.com/post/21180924870/hey-everyone-ive-been-getting-some-messages
She's even posted a link on 'Last week, I came across a really awful page about myself and my weight here.'
It's to this thread.

Good catch! I had been looking at her archive and that wasn't highlighted.

Girls if you scroll down to her the post she made on the subject on her tumblr page "here" is a link to our discussion on her here.

^ Yeah, that was it. It was actually how I found this website in the first place haha.>_< Love the site, but I definitely felt sorry for her.

sorry to sound insensitive, but if you post pictures of yourself on the internet AND quite obviously search yourself not everything you find is going to be nice? thats life.... i swear most of the stuff we put was nice though? i think shes got a great figure :s

Reactions: 1 user
Yeahh but everyone was saying she has a really ugly face and stuff.D: Also shes worried that people will use her as motivation to lose weight in an unhealthy way.>_< Although personally I'd be most offended by the whole face thing.o-o

Meh, either way, just felt kinda sorry for her.>O<

But yeah she does have a great body, love her legs.OwO

@ForeverDirtx What I want to know is - how is she that thin???
Is she one of those lucky few who eat cheeseburgers everyday & never gain an ounce?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh goodness, I can't remember perfectly so don't take my word for it, but I THINK I remember her posting about going to the doctor because she can't gain weight, so I think she has some sort of condition that makes her suuuuper thin.;o

However if thats wrong and I've imagined it, then shes just naturally really thin, definitely no dieting or anything.>O<

But then if people are publicizing that she weighs 87 pounds at her height and has a BMI of 14 (and I don't know how true that is) I think that's worse for her than anything we're saying here.

I actually think she's really beautiful and unique. She's adorable. Beautiful photos too.

I actually think she's really beautiful and unique. She's adorable. Beautiful photos too.

I agree. She does have a unique look.

I believe that she's 87 pounds at 5'6. If you have a very small frame you can be tiny without being emaciated.

Omg she is gorge!!
Loving the dip dye, it cool and it works on her.
And those legs :luv: are fabulous!
I want all of those outfits :)

Yeah, she is definitely not 87lbs.

People who lie about their weight really get on my nerves.

I like her style, and her body, but she has a hideous face. :/

Oh goodness, I can't remember perfectly so don't take my word for it, but I THINK I remember her posting about going to the doctor because she can't gain weight, so I think she has some sort of condition that makes her suuuuper thin.;o

However if thats wrong and I've imagined it, then shes just naturally really thin, definitely no dieting or anything.>O<

Actually she says she takes "medications" that make not her "not hungry"
So she is actively controlling her weight. The face/weight criticisms on this thread therefore are well deserved - it's what happens when you put yourself in the public eye

* when I say actively, I mean she could eat more but she chooses not to