Documentaries

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Thinning, Jun 24, 2014.

1. pterodactyl

pterodactyl Super Star

@hazyshadeofwinter, exactly! In the US such a show would face such backlash, such as oh no, you are disrespecting girls with curves. F YOUR beauty standards. Love yourself, love your back rolls. These are REAL women. Cellulite marks your life journey...etc etc.. While this show can occasionally play up the dramatics it's pretty moderate and seems to help people get on track as far as their weight and fitness is concerned....instead of waiting until they weigh as much as a pony!

Anyway, if anyone REALLY wants REVERSE thinspiration, check out this episode at 27minutes in for a surgical scene. I nearly vomited while watching it (*Spoiler, it's blurred out, but let's say there was a good chunk of abdomen flesh removed....) and lost my appetite for a day or two. (Clearly I'm not a doctor and I realized I have a much weaker stomach than I realized....)

#61 pterodactyl, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  2. hazyshadeofwinter

hazyshadeofwinter Grand Dame

That's one thing that the US version has going for it... they show the procedure AND the remnants... there's actually a follow up show that details excess skin removal.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hazyshadeofwinter

• Like Like x 1
  4. clairefhjao

clairefhjao Grand Dame

Seems no one posted about this documentary before, but I recently watched "catwalk 1995 documentary".

It's mostly about Naomi and Christy. it's very interesting to see how praised supermodels were, their interactions with the designers and how the fashion environment differed from now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  5. moins

moins Grand Dame

:p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  6. walnut

walnut Rookie

"Speaking Dolls" / "Paroles de poupées" starring Marine Deleeuw is finally up on Youtube:

• Love Love x 13
  7. hazyshadeofwinter

I just watched the McQueen documentary and I cried... it's both gorgeous and tragic.

• Love Love x 1
  8. lechatnoir

lechatnoir Grand Dame

Is that Kayley Chabot at 19:04 saying 'don't tell anyone I eat' right after Manon says there are anorexic girls but not many? I know it was said kind of tongue-in-cheek, but if so, that's pretty spooky foreshadowing since Kayley came out about having an ED a few years later

9. moins

moins Grand Dame

I wish I was in NYC to see this documentary, hopefully it'll come to other cities!

10. hazyshadeofwinter

I just went to see "A Private War"... technically it's a "docudrama" ... it was brutal, beautiful, painful, and inspirational. It's about the life of the (late) Marie Colvin, a female war reporter. Gorgeous but hard.

To make it forum relevant .. There's something she says about "...I go to parties and I don't want to eat because others aren't... but i also feel like i should because they can't" ... *quote not a quote

11. pterodactyl

pterodactyl Super Star

Here is a short documentary which some of you may like about the eCommerce model market, scouting, and the day of the life of a Polish model in China.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Olgiata

Olgiata Super Star

I urge everyone to watch this recent documentary by Plantbased News, it's well-made and very compelling!
    It talks about the advancements of veganism, the setbacks it underwent as well as the increasing awareness about it around the globe.

13. stargirl

stargirl Super Star

Just watched this thanks to you :luv: I liked Marine to begin with, but now I have a whole new appreciation for her. When she was leaning over and her xylo was just pressing out, insane :ijizzed:

All the models were lovely, but now I’m pretty sure my all dreams of being one have evaporated... until I wake up and change my mind lol

14. ghost

ghost Super Star

There’s an episode about the Chanel Couture S/S 18 show on “7 Days Out” on Netflix documenting what happened on the 7 days leading up to the show. It was a very enjoyable watch and I really liked seeing how the collection came to life!

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Aemiko

Aemiko Worker Bee

This is a documentary about Elite model look France, I love them, it has 6 episodes.

• Like Like x 2