Documentaries

pterodactyl

Super Star
Reaction score
@hazyshadeofwinter, exactly! In the US such a show would face such backlash, such as oh no, you are disrespecting girls with curves. F YOUR beauty standards. Love yourself, love your back rolls. These are REAL women. Cellulite marks your life journey...etc etc.. While this show can occasionally play up the dramatics it's pretty moderate and seems to help people get on track as far as their weight and fitness is concerned....instead of waiting until they weigh as much as a pony!

Anyway, if anyone REALLY wants REVERSE thinspiration, check out this episode at 27minutes in for a surgical scene. I nearly vomited while watching it (*Spoiler, it's blurred out, but let's say there was a good chunk of abdomen flesh removed....) and lost my appetite for a day or two. (Clearly I'm not a doctor and I realized I have a much weaker stomach than I realized....)

Last edited:

hazyshadeofwinter

Community Duchess
Reaction score
@hazyshadeofwinter, exactly! In the US such a show would face such backlash, such as oh no, you are disrespecting girls with curves. F YOUR beauty standards. Love yourself, love your back rolls. These are REAL women. Cellulite marks your life journey...etc etc.. While this show can occasionally play up the dramatics it's pretty moderate and seems to help people get on track as far as their weight and fitness is concerned....instead of waiting until they weigh as much as a pony!

Anyway, if anyone REALLY wants REVERSE thinspiration, check out this episode at 27minutes in for a surgical scene. I nearly vomited while watching it (*Spoiler, it's blurred out, but let's say there was a good chunk of abdomen flesh removed....) and lost my appetite for a day or two. (Clearly I'm not a doctor and I realized I have a much weaker stomach than I realized....)
That's one thing that the US version has going for it... they show the procedure AND the remnants... there's actually a follow up show that details excess skin removal.

Reactions: pterodactyl

moins

Grand Dame
Reaction score
Seems no one posted about this documentary before, but I recently watched "catwalk 1995 documentary".

It's mostly about Naomi and Christy. it's very interesting to see how praised supermodels were, their interactions with the designers and how the fashion environment differed from now.
I'm sure this has been posted but Catwalk (1995) is really great! So much great footage of baby Kate Moss, Christy Turlington, Naomi Campbell, etc! Ah beautiful!

:p

lechatnoir

Grand Dame
Reaction score
"Speaking Dolls" / "Paroles de poupées" starring Marine Deleeuw is finally up on Youtube:

Is that Kayley Chabot at 19:04 saying 'don't tell anyone I eat' right after Manon says there are anorexic girls but not many? I know it was said kind of tongue-in-cheek, but if so, that's pretty spooky foreshadowing since Kayley came out about having an ED a few years later

moins

Grand Dame
Reaction score
I wish I was in NYC to see this documentary, hopefully it'll come to other cities!

hazyshadeofwinter

Community Duchess
Reaction score
I just went to see "A Private War"... technically it's a "docudrama" ... it was brutal, beautiful, painful, and inspirational. It's about the life of the (late) Marie Colvin, a female war reporter. Gorgeous but hard.

To make it forum relevant .. There's something she says about "...I go to parties and I don't want to eat because others aren't... but i also feel like i should because they can't" ... *quote not a quote

Olgiata

Super Star
Reaction score
I urge everyone to watch this recent documentary by Plantbased News, it's well-made and very compelling!
It talks about the advancements of veganism, the setbacks it underwent as well as the increasing awareness about it around the globe.

stargirl

Grand Dame
Reaction score
"Speaking Dolls" / "Paroles de poupées" starring Marine Deleeuw is finally up on Youtube:

Just watched this thanks to you :luv: I liked Marine to begin with, but now I have a whole new appreciation for her. When she was leaning over and her xylo was just pressing out, insane :ijizzed:

All the models were lovely, but now I’m pretty sure my all dreams of being one have evaporated... until I wake up and change my mind lol

ghost

Super Star
Reaction score
There’s an episode about the Chanel Couture S/S 18 show on “7 Days Out” on Netflix documenting what happened on the 7 days leading up to the show. It was a very enjoyable watch and I really liked seeing how the collection came to life!

pterodactyl

Super Star
Reaction score
I watched two documentaries lately, which I recommend. They might intrigue, upset you, and potentially motivate you to further evaluate and clean up your diet (if needed!)

Fed Up the Documentary, Trailer:

That Sugar Film:

Last edited:
Reactions: moins and Layla