Documentaries

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Thinning, Jun 24, 2014.

1. nicole120

nicole120 Worker Bee

There is a documentary that came out in June called Straight/Curve that "confronts fashion's body-image problem." I haven't seen it (and most likely won't) but the trailer just had me rolling my eyes, as did the interview Vogue did with the director. Looks like Tess Holiday makes an appearance in the doc as well... big surprise.

Yes, blame the fashion industry because you hate your body. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    But this woman has decided the entire industry must change because she wants it to. Another gem from her interview:
    :headbang:

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. gracilis

gracilis Rising Star

When has fashion ever been reflective of the world we live in? When was that ever been the goal? Hell, even commercial fashion is about low-ball ideals.

Runways should be about transcending the world we live in; high fashion should link us to something more.

No one attends shows to see what they can see in the parking lot.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  3. moins

moins Worker Bee

New Documentary that looks really interesting! Vogue wrote an article about it here

"Aucoin is documenting the interaction with a handheld camcorder, an accessory that became as familiar to his A-list clientele as his signature sculpting brush. Nearly 20 years later, Aucoin’s personal footage, documenting many intimate—and sometimes dramatic—moments between him and his iconic collaborators and friends, will become public for the first time in the documentary Kevyn Aucoin Beauty & the Beast in Me, which debuts on Logo this Thursday, September 14."

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1