Documentaries

@hazyshadeofwinter, exactly! In the US such a show would face such backlash, such as oh no, you are disrespecting girls with curves. F YOUR beauty standards. Love yourself, love your back rolls. These are REAL women. Cellulite marks your life journey...etc etc.. While this show can occasionally play up the dramatics it's pretty moderate and seems to help people get on track as far as their weight and fitness is concerned....instead of waiting until they weigh as much as a pony!

Anyway, if anyone REALLY wants REVERSE thinspiration, check out this episode at 27minutes in for a surgical scene. I nearly vomited while watching it (*Spoiler, it's blurred out, but let's say there was a good chunk of abdomen flesh removed....) and lost my appetite for a day or two. (Clearly I'm not a doctor and I realized I have a much weaker stomach than I realized....)

Last edited:
@hazyshadeofwinter, exactly! In the US such a show would face such backlash, such as oh no, you are disrespecting girls with curves. F YOUR beauty standards. Love yourself, love your back rolls. These are REAL women. Cellulite marks your life journey...etc etc.. While this show can occasionally play up the dramatics it's pretty moderate and seems to help people get on track as far as their weight and fitness is concerned....instead of waiting until they weigh as much as a pony!

Anyway, if anyone REALLY wants REVERSE thinspiration, check out this episode at 27minutes in for a surgical scene. I nearly vomited while watching it (*Spoiler, it's blurred out, but let's say there was a good chunk of abdomen flesh removed....) and lost my appetite for a day or two. (Clearly I'm not a doctor and I realized I have a much weaker stomach than I realized....)
That's one thing that the US version has going for it... they show the procedure AND the remnants... there's actually a follow up show that details excess skin removal.

Reactions: 1 user
Seems no one posted about this documentary before, but I recently watched "catwalk 1995 documentary".

It's mostly about Naomi and Christy. it's very interesting to see how praised supermodels were, their interactions with the designers and how the fashion environment differed from now.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Seems no one posted about this documentary before, but I recently watched "catwalk 1995 documentary".

It's mostly about Naomi and Christy. it's very interesting to see how praised supermodels were, their interactions with the designers and how the fashion environment differed from now.

I'm sure this has been posted but Catwalk (1995) is really great! So much great footage of baby Kate Moss, Christy Turlington, Naomi Campbell, etc! Ah beautiful!

:p

• Funny
  • Love
"Speaking Dolls" / "Paroles de poupées" starring Marine Deleeuw is finally up on Youtube:

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
"Speaking Dolls" / "Paroles de poupées" starring Marine Deleeuw is finally up on Youtube:

Is that Kayley Chabot at 19:04 saying 'don't tell anyone I eat' right after Manon says there are anorexic girls but not many? I know it was said kind of tongue-in-cheek, but if so, that's pretty spooky foreshadowing since Kayley came out about having an ED a few years later

I just went to see "A Private War"... technically it's a "docudrama" ... it was brutal, beautiful, painful, and inspirational. It's about the life of the (late) Marie Colvin, a female war reporter. Gorgeous but hard.

To make it forum relevant .. There's something she says about "...I go to parties and I don't want to eat because others aren't... but i also feel like i should because they can't" ... *quote not a quote

Here is a short documentary which some of you may like about the eCommerce model market, scouting, and the day of the life of a Polish model in China.

Reactions: 4 users
I urge everyone to watch this recent documentary by Plantbased News, it's well-made and very compelling!
It talks about the advancements of veganism, the setbacks it underwent as well as the increasing awareness about it around the globe.

Just watched this thanks to you :luv: I liked Marine to begin with, but now I have a whole new appreciation for her. When she was leaning over and her xylo was just pressing out, insane :ijizzed:

All the models were lovely, but now I’m pretty sure my all dreams of being one have evaporated... until I wake up and change my mind lol

There’s an episode about the Chanel Couture S/S 18 show on “7 Days Out” on Netflix documenting what happened on the 7 days leading up to the show. It was a very enjoyable watch and I really liked seeing how the collection came to life!

• Useful
I watched two documentaries lately, which I recommend. They might intrigue, upset you, and potentially motivate you to further evaluate and clean up your diet (if needed!)

Fed Up the Documentary, Trailer:

That Sugar Film:

Last edited:
@longlegz I actually watched that first one a couple of days ago and loved it! Their discipline is so inspiring :bow:

Some of these have been posted in the Russian Ballet thread before but just in case I’ll leave them here because they’re great:

Russian Figure Skating Documentary:

I also adore the documentary Les Filles en Vogue, starring Sasha P, Natasha, Freja, Constance and Sessilee Lopez :luv: Unfortunately you can only watch it in French or Russian though.

Last edited:
  • Useful
  • Jizztastic
Reactions: 4 users
@longlegz I actually watched that first one a couple of days ago and loved it! Their discipline is so inspiring :bow:
To be frank, the main reason why I watched them today was beacuse I was thinking about how I need to get my shit together...
And I don't know if you saw the comments, a lot of people complained how one girl mentioned that they are not allowed to drink water during practice and it surprised me that people are failing to understand it's for gymnasts' good.
:nopity:

• Agree

Good god the second one was painful to watch. Is all of Russia like this?! I'm kidding, but also not really. Or is this just how intensely all world-class athletes train? I'm convinced Margarita is the most mentally strong human on the planet

Some of these have been posted in the Russian Ballet thread before but just in case I’ll leave them here because they’re great:

The first video actually inspired me to follow that little girl Olga on instagram many years ago! She's around 16 now and is beautiful

Last edited:
  • Love