do you wear glasses or contacts?

N

Nala

I thought it would be a fun thread :)

I am very shortsighted and therefore have to wear glasses. I used to wear contacts for 2 years almost every day. Now I'm having problems wearing them for a long time. At work I always wear my glasses, only when I go out I use contacts and I'm always glad when I can take them out of my eyes again :)

I want a surgery so bad but my problem is I have a glaucoma. So I would need a surgery for this before my eyesight correction but my health insurance won't pay for it.
But it's okay, I don't mind wearing glasses anymore.

What about you?

I've been wearing glasses for 18 years already.
But I've been wearing contacts everyday for the last 9 years. I have terrible eyes and really bad astigmatism in both eyes. For contacts I use the Acuvue Advance for Astigmatism and I have never had any problems with them. I wear them from when I wake up till I go to sleep everyday.
I would like to get the surgery too, but I'm kinda afraid, and plus I don't mind at all wearing contacts.

I've worn glasses for three years now, and I've never had contacts. When I first got my glasses my doctor told me that he wouldn't advise getting them before I had had my glasses for a while, and now I don't think I would be able to intentionally stick something in my eye, plus I'm positive I would lose them constantly :)

I work in a chemical plant, so I am not allowed to wear contacts due to the possibility of vapors. However, I have specialty contacts that reshape your eye at night, and I only wear them every other day or so. Although pricey as hell, totally worth it!

I wear my glasses every few weeks to give my eyes a break from the contacts (and clean the contacts really well!) I've totally embraced the nerdiness of it. These are my glasses: http://www.tomford.com/#/en/eyewear/womens/sight?styleNumber=001&variantID=001

I have specialty contacts that reshape your eye at night, and I only wear them every other day or so. Although pricey as hell, totally worth it!

Sorry, I've never heard of these before. What does reshaping your eye do?

Sorry, I've never heard of these before. What does reshaping your eye do?

The technique is called orthokeratology. Near-and far-sightedness is from when your the surface of your eye is incorrectly shaped to be able to focus an image on the back of the eye. Laser eye surgery corrects the shape of your eye permenently by cutting into it. My lenses are hard and custom-fitted to force the surface of my eye into the correct position. My eyes' surface can stay in this position for a few days, but will eventually go back to my natural nearsighted state.

Worth every penny to me, but I have a very specific case for wanting it. It was expensive - $800 - and wasn't covered under insurance.

The technique is called orthokeratology. Near-and far-sightedness is from when your the surface of your eye is incorrectly shaped to be able to focus an image on the back of the eye. Laser eye surgery corrects the shape of your eye permenently by cutting into it. My lenses are hard and custom-fitted to force the surface of my eye into the correct position. My eyes' surface can stay in this position for a few days, but will eventually go back to my natural nearsighted state.

Worth every penny to me, but I have a very specific case for wanting it. It was expensive - $800 - and wasn't covered under insurance.

Thanks for explaining. This would be very cool to get, but like you said it's pretty expensive for sure! Does this one pair last you forever? Do you feel it on your eye?

Thanks for explaining. This would be very cool to get, but like you said it's pretty expensive for sure! Does this one pair last you forever? Do you feel it on your eye?

My Dr said the contacts will last for years with proper maintenance. The contacts can be replaced for $300/pair (which thankfully, I haven't had to do!) I've had mine for about 18 months with no major issues. Since they're hard, they do take getting used to - I definitely notice them when I first put them in. I put them in immediately before I go to sleep to minimize the effect.

I will definitly talk to my ophthalmologist on my next appointment

I've been wearing glasses since I was 8 and contacts since 16. :cool: Now I find when I'm not wearing glasses people have to do a double take. It has become part of "my look" but it's fun getting all the different frames.:luv:

I thought it would be a fun thread :)

I am very shortsighted and therefore have to wear glasses. I used to wear contacts for 2 years almost every day. Now I'm having problems wearing them for a long time. At work I always wear my glasses, only when I go out I use contacts and I'm always glad when I can take them out of my eyes again :)

I want a surgery so bad but my problem is I have a glaucoma. So I would need a surgery for this before my eyesight correction but my health insurance won't pay for it.
But it's okay, I don't mind wearing glasses anymore.

What about you?

I am also very shortsighted and have astigmatism too. I wear contacts but sometimes I wear glasses as an acessory. Lately I have been thinking a lot about laser correction, but I am affraid a little bit. I don`t know why, as many of my friends have undergone such medical treatment with great results.

Sometimes I wear fake glasses (I love nerd glasses :nervous:), but I don't need any. :)

I wear contacts since I'm 11 and I don't mind them. :cool:
I don't have any problem with them. I also wear glasses sometimes but I hate wearing them because I find them uncomfortable (uh, when they get foggy!:mad:).

I wear glasses when it's going to be a long day or full of studying/reading. I wear contacts when I spend the night out with my friends, meeting important people or on occasions where I need to look elegant. I also try to avoid wearing glasses whenever I break out because I don't want to make the acne worse..

i have both and i tend to wear my contacts more often since i'm a runner but i love my glasses because they make me feel sexy ;)

is there a connection?

I find that sometimes I break out across the bridge of my nose (where the frame of my glasses sit) when I wear them a couple of days in a row. And it may just be placebo but I don't like the idea that glasses could be storing bacteria. After all, they are sitting your face for the entire day.

I wear glasses and I love them! They're so nerdy looking and they frame my face well.
I've come to the point were I look weird without glasses on so I try to wear them all the time. :)