do you wear glasses or contacts?

Been wearing glasses since I was about 10 and I got contacts late last year. love having contacts...I went swimming not too long ago and for the first time in 8 years I could actually see what I was doing. Amazing.

I try not to wear glasses unless I'm home or running a quick errand, because I look young to begin with and when I wear glasses people tend to think I'm 16... I'm 21 and I want to look like a college student that I am! This one time I was out wearing my glasses with my sister and someone asked me if I was the younger sister and my sister's 5 years younger than me :oops:

I started wearing glasses when I was 4 and contacts when I was 12. Now I switch off between the two, usually wearing my glasses when I can't be bothered to put in my contacts or when I'm on a long flight (eyes dry out easily). I guess I started wearing my glasses more again once they started having better designs for them. The last couple pair I've bought have actually been meant for men, but I like them :)

I started wearing glasses right before middle school started. I got so tired of how they feel when wearing them, the constant sliding down no matter how much I got them adjusted, and how I look when wearing them. So I recently got contact lenses and they feel so much better. :) Now I only wear them when I'm going out that day. Otherwise when I'm at home I just wear glasses.

I think I'm basically blind without some form of correction. Wore glasses all through elementary, middle, high school then transitioned to contacts. I like the way I look without glasses better. I find that contacts make my eyes tired and dry though, and it makes it hard to study. Lately I wear glasses a lot more - the wayfarer/clubmaster styles - as it makes reading easier. Thank goodness glasses are kind of a trend, although I know a lot of people wearing them who don't even need them :rolleyes: whatever makes you happy, though, haha!

I wear glasses and have never worn contacts (for parties I just go without even though it's hard to find my friends in the crowd hahaha). I may be getting lasik this year :grin: (I've had crappy eyesight for most of my life, okay :p). I'm not 20 yet and I worry that it might be too soon, but my friend got it done when she was/is 18 and it was successful so I'll probably get it this year.

Lasik, bitches.

images

I can't get lasik yet due to cost and recent change of prescription. i wear contacts every day, I have honestly the worst vision out of anybody I know haha. But my eye doctor said I'm a perfect candidate for lasik, my eyes are healthy so... Yayyyyy :grin: Maybe in a year.

glasses for years but just a few months ago switched to contacts and LOVE THEM. duno why i didn't do this sooner?? I'm older than a lot of you gals, so when I wear glasses i feel that they accentuate my age. so yay for contacts! :)

Glasses since age 13.
I used not to wear contacts and only wearing glasses when I watched TV, went to the movies and attended classes. My vision was always blurred but I got used to it. The only drawback is not being able to recognize people I know when I'm out on the street :lol:
Everybody knew, though, because I told them: "Listen - I can't see. if you see me, pull my hand or throw a rock at me if you want to say hi, because I won't even know you were there!". I'd often come off as rude to people who didn't know this :). Also, if I was coming to a coffee place or to a club to meet people who were already there... What a freakin' nightmare! I felt like a kid lost in the mall every time!
It's OK now, I've been wearing contacts for a couple of years :grin:
I have no problems with them, but they can be a pain in the ass, so I'm gonna go to this private clinic for an exam so they can give me an appointment for laser surgery. I'm kind of afraid to go blind though :nervous:

I started wearing glasses a few months ago. It didn't make me look good, so when it broke recently, I just stopped wearing it. I'm going to try wearing contacts. I hope I can do it.

Glasses. The thought of touching my eyeball freaks me out. Lol. I would never get Lasik either, so old school it is.

I don't wear them all the time though, just while driving or seeing things far away (like for taking notes in class or seeing a movie).

I need glasses for reading/strain (I make my eyes too tired) so obviously contacts aren't an option but I have these cat eye glasses I love so it's okay. The only comment I've ever received about them was "you look like a librarian, but like, in a good way"

I'm near-sighted and can't legally drive without glasses. I wear them when I drive, when I go to the movies/watch TV, or during any occasion where I need to read something at a distance, etc.

When I first got glasses, I tried putting in contacts but just kept failing and got super frustrated. I don't like the idea of touching my eye or the contact rolling around in there. :oops:

So I walk around most of the time without my glasses, thinking everyone looks like ring wraiths from Lord of the Rings (i.e., their faces slightly blur down/unrecognizable). :lol::nervous: Also it blurs my face ever so slightly in the mirror, so my skin looks flawless. :sneaky: