do you wear glasses or contacts?

@Layla I'm happy for you! I have terrible vision and I'd love for it to stop changing. I feel like I might "miss" having glasses though...

Reactions: 1 user
Neither anymore! I had laser eye surgery this week (wavefront intralase sbk specifically) and I can already see so well! I had high myopia (aka terrible vision) and I am so excited. I've been waiting so long for my prescription to stop changing. I had basically no discomfort afterwards, I am so happy I got the surgery.
May I ask what your prescription was? My eyesight is also quite terrible by genetics and I want to consider laser eye surgery when I get older, but even though my aunt got laser eye surgery, she still has to wear glasses to read because her eyes were around -7.00

May I ask what your prescription was? My eyesight is also quite terrible by genetics and I want to consider laser eye surgery when I get older, but even though my aunt got laser eye surgery, she still has to wear glasses to read because her eyes were around -7.00
Wow... my eyes are around -6.50 to -7.00! I'm not sure if there's always a hard limit. I looked online and there was one surgeon whose limit was -12.00. The doctor said surgery on -15.00 would improve vision but not completely correct it, leading me to believe that surgery for eyes with power less severe than -12.00 could completely correct it. However the website also says that the limit varies from surgeon to surgeon. (http://www.allaboutvision.com/askdoc/lasik.htm)

I don't but you could always wear them for fashion later if you wanted. :)

That is true! For me, I might miss classes mainly because I've been wearing them for so long that I feel "naked" and unprotected without them! I'm kind of confused about how you said your prescription kept changing, though—isn't surgery usually done on people whose eyes have stopped changing much?

Wow... my eyes are around -6.50 to -7.00! I'm not sure if there's always a hard limit. I looked online and there was one surgeon whose limit was -12.00. The doctor said surgery on -15.00 would improve vision but not completely correct it, leading me to believe that surgery for eyes with power less severe than -12.00 could completely correct it. However the website also says that the limit varies from surgeon to surgeon. (http://www.allaboutvision.com/askdoc/lasik.htm)

That is true! For me, I might miss classes mainly because I've been wearing them for so long that I feel "naked" and unprotected without them! I'm kind of confused about how you said your prescription kept changing, though—isn't surgery usually done on people whose eyes have stopped changing much?

I had to wait for my prescription to stop changing, it was finally stable enough by last fall to book the surgery.

Mine was -7.50 before the surgery. I don't know my final result yet as it takes a few weeks but I can already see basically as well as I could with my contacts before the surgery. I've had a great experience though with minimal pain and discomfort and my vision the day after was better than the surgeon said was to be expected.