Coco Rocha Elle Brasil Cover and Then & Now discussion

I think she has the right to images of her OWN BODY, and am sort of surprised that people here are bashing her for it. It isn't like she posed nude then complained about the shots. She is complaining that the shots have been photoshopped to appear to be wearing less clothing than she agreed to wear.

You are right, they did not have to hire her, and she did not have to accept. The agreement was done because she wore something she was comfortable with, and photoshopping it out is not cool. I don't care if you think it isn't progressive or whatever.

What isn't progressive is not respecting a woman's body when she has made clear her limits, pretending to agree to them, and then changing the image afterwards.

She gets to decide for herself what she feels is too revealing, and she gets to change her mind, and she gets to make the decision for her own body. If the employer does not agree then they do not have to hire her.

I couldn't agree more.

I couldn't agree more.

second this.

but: if they shopped the bodysuit out, the "nude" parts on that cover are not hers ;) (tought that's not an argument because everyone will think it's her)

second this.

but: if they shopped the bodysuit out, the "nude" parts on that cover are not hers ;) (tought that's not an argument because everyone will think it's her)

mind-blown-jackie-chan.jpg

What isn't progressive is not respecting a woman's body when she has made clear her limits, pretending to agree to them, and then changing the image afterwards.

I would respect her if she spoke out and there actually was nudity... I see none! She is acting like all of her boobs are hanging out.....I think she is overreacting.

She already signed a contract for no nude or semi-nude photo-shoots which gives her every right to refuse her employer if they didn't meet the requirements of her contract.

There was a reason why she wore a bodysuit, she had no idea they'd photoshop it out.. It doesn't matter if this is portrayed as a nude, semi-nude photo or not. Different people see different perspectives. I wonder why they didn't just use another model though.

This is a good point. Its pretty lame that they went and did it when she had a contract saying they wouldn't.

I think she has the right to images of her OWN BODY, and am sort of surprised that people here are bashing her for it. It isn't like she posed nude then complained about the shots. She is complaining that the shots have been photoshopped to appear to be wearing less clothing than she agreed to wear.

You are right, they did not have to hire her, and she did not have to accept. The agreement was done because she wore something she was comfortable with, and photoshopping it out is not cool. I don't care if you think it isn't progressive or whatever.

She gets to decide for herself what she feels is too revealing, and she gets to change her mind, and she gets to make the decision for her own body. If the employer does not agree then they do not have to hire her.

You do make a good point but she's making it a bigger deal than it really is. But if a model's image was photoshopped to make her arms or legs bigger what what will happen?? Some will be mad but at the same time they have to accept photoshopping and that they are hangers for clothes.

Coco Rocha

Back in 2008, when Coco was allegedly 108 pounds at 5’10″ / 50 kg at 178 cm, she received criticism for looking ‘too curvy’ for the runway and advices such as “You need to lose more weight. The look this year is anorexic. We don’t want you to be anorexic. We just want you to look like you are.” To these harsh remarks, she replied:

“Last season I took diuretic pills. Once I took so many on an empty stomach that I was doubled over for hours. That’s the last time I ever did something so terrible to my body. No one wants to be caught with that photo ‘Model Eats Cake’” — and to make their fit models, and therefore their sample sizes, bigger — models are humiliated when zippers won’t zip up at castings.

In 2010, she said:

“You know what, I’ve stopped caring. If I want a hamburger, I’m going to have one. No 21-year-old should be worrying about whether she fits a sample size.”

Source: skinnyvscurvy.com

Untitled-4.jpg
Untitled-3.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg
4172_Untitled-11.jpg

To be honest i don't like her at all. I did this thread anyway because she lost a lot of weight and i was curious what you think about her.

Personally her attitude annoys me - she's always complaining (about photographers she doesn't want to work with again, about how she got photoshopped for some cover...).

Reactions: 1 user
Btw i also think she weighed more than 50 kg in the 2008 pics.... :run:

Wow - she lost a lot of weight! I didn't know that, i think she looks more like a high fashion model now. Her face bothers me though.

I'm also confused about her 2010 quote:

“You know what, I’ve stopped caring. If I want a hamburger, I’m going to have one. No 21-year-old should be worrying about whether she fits a sample size.”

You are a MODEL! Of course you need to care about fitting the designer's clothes.

You are a MODEL! Of course you need to care about fitting the designer's clothes.

This!
Exactly. besides, she hasnt stopped caring, that you can obviously tell by the amount of pounds she has lost by 2012. :nopity:

Wow - she lost a lot of weight! I didn't know that, i think she looks more like a high fashion model now. Her face bothers me though.

BEING A MODEL IS A *JOB*, WHY CAN'T PEOPLE COMPREHEND THIS.

A job is where you get paid to fill a function. Not maintaining a certain weight because you "want a burger" is like saying, "I didn't do that project you told me to, Boss, because I didn't want to" and then still expecting to get more projects and to get paid.

She may be trying to score more points with the fatty-wish-fulfilment women brigade of "ooh, the poor starved models!", but it's just childish and pathetic. If you'd throw away a career for a burger you have deeper issues than a number on a scale.

She has never struck me as a particularly good model but I have to admit she looks a lot better in the 2012 pictures. Still not 108 pounds though..

I agree. That is just a stupid thing to say.

Btw i also think she weighed more than 50 kg in the 2008 pics.... :run:

Way more. Haven´t met her, but me and some girls I know usually a relate tosaw this thread and were like, "Oh, hell no" - to me -bthat´s NOT what 50 kilos look at 1,58. At all.

I made this collage today for her :luv:

Attachments

• Coco Rocha.jpg
    Coco Rocha.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 154